Xtratime Community banner

Lazio win the Italian Cup 2018-2019

791 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Boyo 
#1 ·
I had the feeling it could happen since they eliminated Inter after penalties. Lazio have a solid tradition of choking in serie A but the Italian Cup is a completely different matter. Most of neautral supporters would have preferred the fairy tale Atalanta to win the cup, but truth is that Atalanta did very little in the final in order to win it, bar the shot Bastos deflected with a hand, which could have been a penalty according to the (controversial) standards of the VAR.

#2 ·
Such sad times that the Laziali on this forum have to rely on fans of other clubs to celebrate their victories. :eek:

Reactions: ToniSamp
#3 ·
Congrats my man. Did you see the game Boyo? I thought Atalanta were the favourites before hand but it was excellent game by Lazio. probably Inzaghis last as a coach.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#7 ·
I was working. But I kept an eye on livescore.

Quite a surprise that Lazio won. When it was still 2-0 at 90 minutes, I fully expected the score to be 2-2 when I checked again a few minutes later. After which of course Lazio would lose on penalties.

Oddly enough that didn't happen. There has to be some impending doom to compensate for it. Perhaps a meteor hitting Formello during a training session?

#5 ·
Rumours with Juve smh...

Nah I'm kidding, he and Lotito seem to be allways at odds. Seems like a good time for him to leave because all Italian upper teams will change coaches except Napoli. Both Milano clubs will need a coach.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Seems like Inzaghi has done a good job and Lolito in general is one of those corrupt Serie A owners in almost the Zamparini mold.

This season indeed will be interesting for Serie A manager carrousel. Tbh, unless you get Conte, I kind of doubt the value of letting Allegri go. If Inter secure both Marotta and Allegri or Conte this summer, seems like a clear win for them.

Roma is doing its best to lose fans, unfortunately. They are chipping away at the mystique of the club which is its main point of attraction imo and trying to turn it into some arsenal type club.. no thanks.

#9 ·
If you look up "lazialita" in an Italian dictionary, it redirects you to "cinismo". :lala:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.