Xtratime Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After Sampdoria strolled over Reggina, in a few minutes' time the other finalists play Udinese at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. According to gazzetta.it, Rossi will field a 4-4-2 with:

Muslera

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Rozehnal - Radu

Lichtsteiner - Dabo - Matuzalem - Del Nero

Zàrate - Rocchi​

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

This is the shirt Lazio players will wear tonight, Lazio and Algida have set up an initiative to get funds for the earthquake struck people of Abruzzo. Those who will donate at least 30 euro will get that special shirt.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mah, we usually are the team who have a good deal of ball possession and create few chances, but so far tonight we have found a worthy counterpart who is doing more or less the same, only with more will to win.
First half was pretty boring, at the beginning it was a wee bit lively but as minutes went by, the run (?) of the game stagnated into a midfield battle, with goalkeepers watching their defeders controlling the opponents' tries to get close (not so close, actually) to score.

·
Registered
395 Posts
As you say. it is rather boring. Not really fussed if i'm honest. If some of the lads are saving energy for the final, t'is all good with me :p

Still wish our centre backs could do some simple passing and not have a heart attack everytime an opponent runs at them, ugh.

Highlight of the half was probably De Silvestri's run.

Forza Lazio!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, glad to see that I am not the only one who hurt himself by watching this game :)
Brocchi for De Silvestri in the second half.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This season Lazio's sense of hospitality towards the teams visiting the Stadio Olimpico is really admirable and with a wee bit of sense of justice too. Why Cagliari, Chievo, Napoli (just to name a few teams) have gone away from the Olimpico with the full three points, and Udinese no? So, after Rocchi scored a nice goal, Lazio stopped playing and Udinese became the master of tha game. Three goals and many chances, including a great shot from Quagliarella with the ball hitting the bar.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,158 Posts
At least we didn't lose any of our key players to injury, with the Coppa final coming up. :neutral:

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Why did we play with our starters anyway? Our players really need to learn the meaning of the word consistency. Good news is I didn't bother to watch the game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.