Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cragnotti has failed to show that Lazio is a serious club on the transfermarket this season !!!

I can not for the life of me understand his highflying plans to ruin Lazio by brining in a 60M$ striker !!!!!!!

Look at Lazio and see where we need to spend money 1) Central defender ( Miha is embarrasing, nice elbow to the head of Kluivert you idiot ) 2) Left wing ( then nedved could go central and vice versa, we need to offload Nedved since he plays alot of games and was the man to save Lazio when Veron sucked )

I wonder if Cragnotti has ever asked himself the question " What would happen if Nedved was injured for 3 months " !! I think it´s only fair that we give Eriksson the same question.

Bench of stars ??

When we went into the season 99/00 we could hold our heads high and proclaim the best bench in Serie A. The season 98/99 when we finished second with the best defence of the season we where very confident and touched nothing in defence - giving us Favalli, Gottardi and Couto as very capable defenders on the bench. This season ?? Favalli played only a few games because of injuries, Miha has shown during all of the season that he can not stop a technical defender to save his life and Euro2000 has been one long road down humiliation highway. Couto might stick with Lazio if they give him a place in the first 11 otherwise I see no reason for this rock to stay.

Midfield: Veron - Almeyda - Nedved - Conceciao with Simeone, Stankovic, Sensini and others to fill in. Back then we had extreme expectations on Stankovic ( I had ) and he was very good during the first 2 - 2½ months, then came an injury and a firm place on the bench. When Stankovic came in he sucked - basiclly. Sensini surprised and Simeone was amazing. Almeyda was our best midfielder 2 seasons ago and today he´s not with us anymore. Sensini is not getting younger and we can not really expect Simeone to save the day again. Stankovic is right now a player that would have a hard time breaking into the starting lineup of Bologna.

Baronio is going to be huge, he had an amazing season and in 2 years time no one will talk about Almeyda. Baronio is a defensiv playmaker and those are short in supply.

It´s easy to see that Midfield lacks and we need some influx badly. Fiore would be great and I can easily imagine Lazio playing 3 - 5 - 2 with Fiore and Veron together on midfield ( they played together at Parma sometimes and where great then ).

Nesta - Couto - Negro

------ Baronio ------

Conceciao - Fiore - Veron - Nedved

Lopez - Salas / Inzaghi

Yes please.

Why the hell waste money on Vieri / Crespo and play right into the hands of president Moratti / Tanzi ??

Attack: Salas, Inzaghino, Lopez and why not Palermo ?? backed up by Ravanelli.

Put Stankovic at a loan / deal at Udinese and let this talent play ( he´s never gonna grow on the bench ).

Lazio are going about this all wrong and it´s hurting my eyes to read about it.

P

·
0 Posts
About the strikers, I agree. With Lopez in the team there is no need to sign a striker for a big fee.

But I have said it before, and will say it again. Playing like that 3-5-2 we will be crushed! We need more defensive wingers if we are to play like that. Look at the teams playing 3-5-2 in the euro 2000 for example. Like Italy: Maldini, Pessotto, and Zambrotta as wingers so far. And Germany, Babbel and Zeige on each wing.

Some may think that 3-5-2 is a more offensive formation than 4-4-2, I don't. 3-5-2 is more likely 5-3-2 because the wingers first main thing to do is to stop the opponents wingers.

So, If Lazio should play 3-5-2 as you say, wich I may not agree to, but IF we should play 3-5-2, here is how I would like see us lineing up.
Peruzzi
Negro-Nesta-Couto
Torricelli-Simeone-Veron-Baronio-Nedved
Lopez-Salas/Inzaghi

I agree with Mihajlovic, except the bad words you sent him. I mean Im not defending his elbow on Kluivert or his temper against Slovenia but I do think that he has done greatness in the past for us and deserves respect for that.

Look....100 posts!! Will I get a star now??

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well, i think it is stuoid to to buy all these strikers, when we allready have so many of them :(:(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Svennis,I know that this means nothing but when Fiore and Veron played together at Parma no,they were not great.Veron was great and Fiore sucked...of course,the player who left Parma and the player who plays for Udinese right now have an enormous differece,so it might work.But they were never great together (this doesnt mean that they cant be great together)

PS.I thought Miha was great according to you,thats what you were saying at the Juve forum...:)

M

·
0 Posts
I agree with you Svennis, this charade for expensive strikers such as Vieri and Crespo has got to stop. Indeed lazio needed reinforcement up front after this season, however we got Lopez. This guy is good and he came at a very expensive price tag.

Lazio should invest in a good center defender to back up our defense. However i still think Miha should stay at Lazio. Yes he's questionable when faced with speedy and skillful strikers, but the guy is a sweeper; he's not a man on man marker. He doesn't stick to strikers, that's Nesta's role. His role is to read the game, intercept ball, and start Lazio's attact from the back. All of this he does well, better than anyone in the team. However, Miha is not getting any younger and he's been suffering from a back injury lately. So to make sure our defense doesn't suffer from his absense or lack of form, we need another good defender.

As for playing with 3 defenders like Svennis suggested, it would be very difficult. Like Petter said we need more more people like Ziege, Babbel, Pessotto... We cannot play like you say Svennis w/o having wingers that not only attact but defend. Sure Nedved helps down his wing but not enough, and besides we need him more up front. Conceicao (if he's still with us) can't defend. This is a handicap!

In addition, i don't think Baronio is anything like Almeyda in defense. Almeyda (when he played for us) puts his heart and the extra effort to cover not only for the midfielders but for the full-backs. Though i know Baronio is way better in offense, i have yet to see him be as dominant as Almeyda at the other end.

Another thing, where would playing with 3 defenders leave Pancaro and Favalli???
Ericsson has never played with 3 defenders. I don't think he will any time soon.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I dont think you should worry about your wingers in case you deply a 3-5-2 system.They are ideal.Conceicao can defender very well Maxim,he weas playing full back for Portugal against Turkey.Nedved is brilliant at everything because he is a complete player.You should worry about your defenders...Nesta is great but Negro? hardly adequate t central defence.Also you HAVE to have a sweeper in a 3 man defence.Look at Parma,everything worked smoothly with Torrisi but when Lassissi or Sartor were playing we were leaking goals,you cant play with three center backs.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We won´t be crushed playing 3 - 5 - 2 because right now we are playing more offensiv football. Lazio always attacks with Negro and Pancaro if we play 3 - 5 - 2 then none of the defenders should move up the field.

4 - 4 - 2 the way Lazio and Real plays it is the most offensiv lineup no matter what people say.

Conceciao played ( as amo pointed out ) as defender at Porto and again in the game against Turkey so that´s not a problem. Nedved is so hardworking I can´t really see him letting anyone take his wing ( not many players outrun Nedved in Serie A, not on the right wing ).

Fiore played together with Veron in a game against Fiorentina and the partnership of Fiore and Veron was hailed in the newspapers the following day ( both got great ratings ). Fiore is hardworking and since he moved from Parma so is Veron. I see no reason why Fiore and Veron couldn´t devastate any team at the moment.

Ps. I wouldn´t mind Zidane and Davids in my team :) what great midfielders Juve have :(

D

·
0 Posts
I don't agree with you that Lazio doesn't need more attacking power.We do, but does it have to be over 50M?
Cragnotti bought one expensive striker and now he should look to some cheaper options.I think Jardel is the solution and here is why: 1) he is the best goalscorer in Europe in past 3 years, 2) he is one of the best scorers with his head - just what Lazio needs, 3) he is not a superstar so he could sit on the bench sometimes which could get Inzaghi, Ravanelli and Salas (if he stays) some time, 4) he is proven at the highest level (among the top scorers in CL this year), and against the toughest defences (Bayern), 5) he has a Portuguese passport so he would not take a foreigner's place, 6) he shouldn't be too expensive (20-25M) and Porto could be persuaded into selling him given that no other club is interested in him.
Huh!!!Enough reasons! And if you say that all he does is score from less than 10 metres - Salas failed to do that numerous of times during the second half of the season.
If we can't buy him, we should try to buy Palermo and keep Salas.
About the other positions - I think we payed too much for Peruzzi - more than Inter last season! And he is older, fatter, and I think only 5th in Serie A now (Buffon, Van der Sar, Toldo, Frey).
We need a cover defender - that Materazzi should be good.And also Torricelli - he is great!
I think Miha is still good enough to play in Lazio but he needs a lion beside him (Nesta, Couto) and the only reason we got whipped in Valencia is the central defence - Negro with Mihajlovic = horrible!!! I don't like Mihajlovic for other reason - his attitude and looks.I really have a hard time trying to like him as every Lazio player.
Midfield - best in the world needs one LM to cover for Nedved. Baronio will have a good time playing behind Veron as he had playing behind Pirlo in Reggina and Under-21.And Sensini, Simeone and Stankovic waiting - too much.I agree with svennis Stankovic should be loaned.
And about 3-5-2: I think it would suit Lazio because we have too many good central midfielders.But to start with it we would have to sell the half of the team and train for a few months and still wouldn't be sure of a success.So it's better to stick with 4-4-2.
Sorry for a long post,
FORZA LAZIO!!!

J

·
0 Posts
I totally agree with you svennis and all the other who think that Cragnotti/Eriksson has gone mad about bying a world class striker!

We need a Striker but i dont for one sec understand why we not are going for Jardel :confused:

Then we need a central defender and a leftwinger but there no talks about it at all in the Lazio office...

We are going in the wrong way with the signings this year!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to add a very important comment to my original post: It´s not that Lazio have acted poorly on the transfer market because look at who we bought so far:

C Lopez - arguebly the best segunda punta ( second striker, like Salas or Montella etc ) and without comparison the best counter attacking striker / player in europe the last 2 seasons. C Lopez has it all ( except for heading ) speed, skill, dribbling and a superb left foot - FORZA LOPEZ !! Lopez and Veron = mama mia !!!

Carini - he was voted most best goalie of a huge south american tournament and he is belived to become a megagoalie !! he´s on loan to Brescia and will grace us with superb goaltending within 2 - 3 years.

Angelo Peruzzi - Well one only has to look at Gazzetta de lo sport and smile. Angelo got the best ratings ( only Frey was better overall ) of all italian goalies including the mighty Buffon and Toldo. Peruzzi might look heavy but he knows goaltending and he´s experienced enough to play in every big tournament without any sign of nerves. Peruzzi would have had more success with Gli Azurri if injuries at just the wrong moment wouldn´t have destoryed his chances with the national.

Baronio - Almeyda was unbeliable 2 seasons ago where he was picked best foreing player of Serie A and he was great when he played last season - Baronio will become better this I promise !! Baronio has an extremely good eye for the game and he´s a fighter ( wasn´t always the case ). Almeyda was / is not a playermaker type of player as he can´t really predict the game - Baronio is. Almeyda is pretty reckless and I´m pretty sure he was the most booked player in the squad the last couple of seasons ( great move getting a red card in the uefa cup final ).

So already we have 3 first choice starters and a future player. It would be great if we could sign one left midfielder, one central defender and Palermo / Jardel etc.

I think it would also be a very good thing if Eriksson spoke about the transfermarket. I would like to hear him downplay the rumours and talk more about the great ... supermegaamzing spirit that should exist within Lazio after just winning the double !!!!

Forza Lazio !!

·
International
6,519 Posts
i tottaly agree with you, svennis :p

·
Registered
555 Posts
I really don't think Cragnotti has failed to show Lazio is a serious club on the transfer market. He might offer $60 million for a striker, but there are teams offering $60 million for a midfielder... It's not Cragnotti, it's the world of football that is changing drastically every year. So please don't blame Cragnotti !!

I admit that it sounds crazy to give Salas, Almeyda and Conceicao for Crespo. And when I first saw this rumor I thought that it was probably better to keep Salas and the others and not buy a new attacker.

But now I have thought about how I felt in January and February when Lazio could not score. Do we want to be in that situation again next season ???
Salas is great but for two seasons, he ends "his" scoring season after Christmas. S. Inzaghi is a very good player, but is he good enough to play all games as starter ?
C. Lopez is great but I don't expect him to score those 20-25 goals (Serie A) in a season. He is great for the team and will surely score many goals but most assists I think.

I have to say that I want Lazio to buy a new striker, although it could cost Lazio a lot. Because when we next season have problems in our plays, I want Lazio to have someone in the attack who scores on one chance. Not 1 goal on 10 chances.

About Lazio's tactic next season, I think Eriksson will keep playing 4-42 :)

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

E

·
0 Posts
I totaly agree with Mattias. It is Cragnottis money and he knows what is best for him and for the team. Believe me he is not gonna give 1 lire more than he has to. It is directly from his pocket...

One thing I don´t understand from Mattias post is how Lazio can have 44 players on the pitch. 4-42 tactics sounds realy offensive, that is maybe why we want all those strikers...

Good one Mattias :) :)

FORZA LAZIO

1 - 14 of 14 Posts