Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti has agreed a 14 million euro deal with Chievo to sign midfielders Eriberto and Christian Manfredini.

The deal will be officially announced this week but the signings represent a huge capture for the Biancocelesti who have fought off interest from the likes of Roma and Juventus for the services of Eriberto.

The pair will now provide the width in new coach Roberto Mancini's 4-4-2 formation and the former Sampdoria man will hope they can recreate the form that won so many plaudits throughout Chievo's fairy tale season.

Soccerage

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Eriberto hopes to join Lazio Posted May 17, 2002 - 16:29 by Mattias

Chievo's right wing midfielder, Eriberto, hopes to join Lazio as soon as possible. And he asks the two clubs to reach an agreement as soon as possible.

Eriberto: "I would be happy to join Lazio. At the age of 23 I feel that I am ready for a big club. It would be a great opportunity for me. I ask Lazio and Chievo to reach an agreement as soon as possible so that I can go on vacation, knowing where I will play next season. It would be nice to work with Mancini next season. I know that he admires me, because he has been at our training sessions many times during this season. And I believe a lot in Cragnotti's project, because especially after a negative season, he wants to build a great team."

Eriberto's agent confirms that Lazio is favorite to sign the player: "Lazio is favorite over Juventus and Roma to sign Eriberto because Lazio is ready to buy Manfredini as well."

Lazio is said to have bid 22 million Euro for the two wing players.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts