Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another financial crisis is looming in the Capital as Stefano Fiore and Bernardo Corradi have threatened to sue for unpaid wages.

“Taking legal action would push the club to hurry up and find a solution to these problems,” noted agent Moreno Roggi on ‘Radio Radio’ this evening.

Roggi represents Biancocelesti hitman Bernardo Corradi and suggests that the players feel abandoned.

“I would not recommend this course of action as a way of finding another club, but rather I think it the only way of getting a response.”

The Roman outfit has been struggling with financial problems for a couple of years now and only avoided bankruptcy by adopting the so-called ‘Piano Baraldi’.

This is a system that allowed the club to play a portion of wages in share options of SS Lazio rather than with cash.

However, the terms of that plan expired on December 20 and will have to be renegotiated.

“Every player will decide for himself whether or not to accept the new version of the Baraldi plan,” added Stefano Fiore in a separate interview.

“It must be made clear that we do discuss these matters in the squad, but we had always been told that the problems would be ironed out with time. The agreement has now expired.”

As Lazio have not yet converted the five months’ worth of wages into share options, the players could still change their minds and ask for the money instead.

Legal action would involve informing the FIGC that the squad had not been paid outstanding wages, thereby giving the club a month to find the money or free them from their contracts.

The situation will come to a head on January 17, when Lazio should increase the capital in a shareholders’ meeting.

New ownership would give them a massive boost and there are negotiations in place with a San Marino based company.

The atmosphere at the club has been very tense of late and Coach Roberto Mancini also made it clear he was unhappy with the lack of progress.

----------------------------------

Mercenaries...:groan:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
That was to be expected, sadly.:mad: Either someone will buy Lazio or will have to sell our star players yet again.:mad:

·
Registered
105 Posts
"I have two objectives this year," declared Stefano Fiore today at the press conference, "Doing my best with Lazio, reaching the Champions League target and going to the European Champions with the national team and being a protagonist."

"With regards to my team," affirms the Calabrese midfielder, "I think that in this start of the season it will be important to recover all of the injured players and ending the first round with maximum of points from those available. We come from three consecutive wins but this break was healthy to recover some players and to train in the best way. On Tuesday at Reggio Calabria it will be very difficult because Reggina is a good squad who are in a good moment. The Calabrese environment then, and I know it well, is very warm. Therefore it will be a very difficult match which we shall try to win as usual. A team like Lazio must always try to win against whoever they play, also because it is in our possibilities. We cannot have a bad game like that against Siena again."

The tactical maturity of Fiore is undeniable. Playing as a winger in the 4-4-2, in the new tactic (4-3-3) has changed again his role indifferently and, without a minimum of lack of performance, as an external forward or central left midfielder. "Yes I find myself well and I have no problem to play in any midfield role. I feel more mature than when I first arrive in Rome. In my first days I had difficulty to adapt myself to the city and consequently to the environment. However now I'm very well and I feel more mature and responsible. I'm very happy of the way I'm playing and I'm happy of showing my true worth."

Fiore's last thought goes to the club's problems: "We were asked to extend the Baraldi plan. We talked about it and we are reflecting on what to do. We have no problem in helping Lazio when and if there will be need, even though we had thought that the problems were solved and instead evidently there are others. However these things do not effect us on the pitch because, just like we did last season, when we go on the pitch we only think about playing well and winning."
I got that from the official website. When he talks about the money situation it sounds very different to the one in the first post. Probably just the press again...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not again...............:( :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Again made up for things to look bad for Lazio :irritate:

It's nothing new about the wages, the club doesn't have money to pay them, another capital increase is needed. And I understand the players, to be unpaid for months really sucks.

This will probably be solved soon, but we still need some investments to balance the books, it can take for some time, but not for long...

·
Banned
2,832 Posts
Will they use pitchforks and big sticks or Remingtons and Berettas (12 ga. of course)...In the former case they are doomed to failure...but the persuasion of a nice fucile da caccia caricato a sale co' 'na punta de piombo callo callo, that's another story...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts