Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is Lazio home shirt for the next season

After this season's greyish, finally Puma has come back to the sky blue. Good shirt. Now let's only wait for the sponsor.

This is the away shirt
[
Back to the yellow... Not the best choice, in my opinion. But good that at least the Puma is not red :)

Third shirt

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
The first one is very beautiful, especially as it won't be ruined by shirt sponsor. :)

I din't like this season's shirt, either. The colour was way off. The yellow one is simply ugly and I had hoped we had ditched that colour for good. This seasons CL jerseys were very stylish, I liked the colours. Why not stick with them?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The yellow shirt is fitter for a cycling tour leader than a footballer. But the home shirt is really a classic, back to celeste finally. That would almost be a pity to marr it with a sponsor :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
The only thing I understand about the yellow shirt is that it can be used pretty much against everybody, except Chievo...the black one is ruled out against at least against Juve, Milan, Inter, Udinese and Siena. But with celeste, white and black we would have been covered for all possibilites, anyway...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Aye, Puma has to have a penchant for yellow. Maybe they have some yellow material left and in order to discharge it, they do a kind of draw amongst all the Puma teams to see who is the one getting the yellow shirts. Who were lucky this season (at least at that), but not the next one.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And this is the shirt that will be wore by Lazio in the derby:

The sibscribers will be able to buy it for 85 euro, and their names will be written on the shirts that Lazio players will actually wore in the games against the other team from Rome. I guess the sponsor will be happy to know that. If Lotito ever manages to find a sponsor, I mean...

P.S. Font used by Puma for the players' names sucks.

P.P.S. That picture seems a wee bit too optimistic about the quantity of subscribers. Or maybe that's Buonanotte XXS shirt...

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
39,160 Posts
P.S. Font used by Puma for the players' names sucks.
But at least they've decided to capitalize the player names again. I never liked how in the past couple of seasons they would write rocchi instead of Rocchi. It seemed like it was the product of a mobile phone text message.

aquila said:
P.P.S. That picture seems a wee bit too optimistic about the quantity of subscribers. Or maybe that's Buonanotte XXS shirt...
Bwah. :D

But it's a bit of a weird idea. To have names grouped together liked that, it almost looks like a memorial wall. And to have people pay money to have their name included on that... I mean, I could understand if it were names of Lazio players who have played in previous derby's or who've scored in previous derby's, or something like that. Or perhaps of Lazio players who've passed away. But just to have the names of average fans on it, seems odd. And what's to prevent fictional names from being included? If I sign up as Julius Caesar, would that be printed on the jersey? Or a romanista prankster signing up as Francesco Totti?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And what's to prevent fictional names from being included? If I sign up as Julius Caesar, would that be printed on the jersey? Or a romanista prankster signing up as Francesco Totti?
I don't know. Technicly, on the subscription there will be a kind of identification thing such as photo of subscriber and/or bars code with subscriber's data, so if the subscritpion and the shirt are linked to each other, the subscriber's data should be the same on both. But of course, there always might be something amazing. That's the derby, after all.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I think there's a bit of translation mix-up here..."abbonato" mean subscriber, but in this context it means season-ticket holder. So the shirt is available to season-ticket holders, and I suppose Lifeisnau or Julius Caesar aren't that likely to buy a Lazio season ticket. ;)

·
39,160 Posts
Oh no, not that color again. :cecco:

Whoever keeps selecting this color needs to have his eyes examined, because he is seriously colorblind.

We are the biancocelesti, that's our color. Not that gray stuff.

·
39,160 Posts
Here, this is a blue sky. See any gray in there? Not me.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
But at least they've decided to capitalize the player names again. I never liked how in the past couple of seasons they would write rocchi instead of Rocchi. It seemed like it was the product of a mobile phone text message.
I am not sure about that. Puma used that font on Italy's away shirts (the white ones) and the names of the players were all in small letters (buffon, zambrotta, etc.). As for the greyish colour of the derby shirt, I think that there were alot of greyish material left from 2007/2008, and they have found a way to recycle it into something "new". Our marketing directors are known to work nights and days in order to create new exciting things for the fans. Or is it Puma that have such sleepless guys?

·
39,160 Posts
I am not sure about that. Puma used that font on Italy's away shirts (the white ones) and the names of the players were all in small letters (buffon, zambrotta, etc.).
Now that you mention it, I already thought I noticed that last night during the match, but I couldn't get a good look. I still have a small old fashioned 4:3 screen and with the broadcast being in widesceen mode, I was looking at a picture on my TV roughly the size of that of my computer monitor. :stress:

I'd buy a new one, but I'm waiting for the stores to drop their prices after Euro 2008 is over (the same thing happened after the World Cup two years ago). I guess some of Lotito's penny-pinching rubbed off on me. :pp

aquila said:
Our marketing directors are known to work nights and days in order to create new exciting things for the fans.
That's signature material. :D

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Now that you mention it, I already thought I noticed that last night during the match, but I couldn't get a good look. I still have a small old fashioned 4:3 screen and with the broadcast being in widesceen mode, I was looking at a picture on my TV roughly the size of that of my computer monitor. :stress:

I'd buy a new one, but I'm waiting for the stores to drop their prices after Euro 2008 is over (the same thing happened after the World Cup two years ago). I guess some of Lotito's penny-pinching rubbed off on me. :pp
So are you going to loan a TV for 6 months at 30 euro with a buy option within Christmas for other 120 euro and the possibility of having a discount on a DVD player if you complete the TV deal? :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.