1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LAZIO SEAL CANNAVARO AGREEMENT
by Riccardo Burgalassi & Graeme Bailey

EXCLUSIVE
LAZIO have formed an agreement with Parma which gives the Italian champions first option on Fabio Cannavaro, and a fee of £33 million has been agreed between the two clubs.

The 26-year-old was one of the best defenders in Euro 2000, and Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti has decided to head off interest from around Europe - including Manchester United, by agreeing the unusual deal which is know as an 'Opzione'.

Cragnotti is good friends with Parma president Calisto Tanzi and the two supremos have agreed to the deal which will see Cannavaro move to the Stadio Olimpico in 2001, as long as the player does not get injured in the intervening season.

The two clubs have just concluded the £37 million deal for Argentinian striker Hernan Crespo, which smashed the world record transfer fee, and should the Cannavaro move be completed, it would be the second biggest in footballing history.

The pair will meet again next week to complete the details of the transfer and if the deal is completed, as expected, then Lazio's spending for the summer will be approaching £100 million.

The Roman giants have already signed, Claudio Lopez from Valencia (£16.5 million), Angelo Peruzzi from Inter Milan (£10.1 million) and have also just completed the signing of Udinese duo Stefano Fiore and Guiliano Giannichedda for £27 million - but both have been immediately loaned back to the Friuli stadium outfit for next season.
Yet another deal expected to be finalised within the next week is the transfer of Barcelona winger Boudewijn Zenden.

The two clubs have reportedly agreed a fee of just over £8 million for the 23-year-old Dutch international, who is to sign a five-year-deal with the Italian champions.

Meanwhile, contrary to reports, Croatian international striker Alen Boksic has yet to sign for Galatasaray, but he is set to leave the Stadio Olimpico in the summer.
http://www.optasoccer.com

I just want to say, "wow, Grazie Cragnotti and Benvenuto Cannavaro."

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Well i think the next defender i hope to leave Parma is Thuram to inter i just hope anyway goodluck to cannavaro his a good player and will fit in Lazio good defence Nesta Cannavaro JEZZZZZ thats pretty good

FORZA INTER

·
Registered
415 Posts
Getting Cannavaro is great, but who will we have to give to Parma for him? Or is it a straight cash deal? (doubtful) 33 million is a lot of money...maybe Cragnotti should just link his bank account to Tanzi's :). I'm a little wary of trusting that "Exclusive" tag. If nobody finds a major, trustworthy site that verifies this report I will keep it in my "Won't believe it until I see it" file.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
So far this rumour seems to be completely hearsay. I haven't found it at any other site than Laziomania and that http://www.sportal.se site who seem to be overcrowded with Lazio supporters. Emir, Mattias... You know who you are... :) I want a real source on this one. The only thing I know for certain is that Parma market man, Fedele, have dismissed it with the words: "Cannavaro isn't for sale and Lazio didn't ask for him." These kind of statements has proved to be worthless in the past but...

Anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. Even if we would sell Cannavaro I'm sure we would get an absolutely fantastic deal... :) Besides, if Lazio fail this year the investors will get worried, Lazio stock will fall like a rock and with it Lazio's financial powers... :) Just like the Bayern coach said, Lazio could easily go bankrupt...

But I must admit that these constant deals involving Parma and Lazio has really got to me. I think it's fair to say that Lazio disgust me! Veron last year, Crespo this year and Cannavaro next year is just too much! What is Cragnotti trying to do? Whatever it is I hope he fails!

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I doubt this Cannavaro to Lazio thing is true, Cannavaro seems very happy at Parma and i don't think he would want to leave and I doubt that Cragnotti has 33 million pounds left. Although it would be great to see Cannavaro at Lazio as it will make the defense a steel wall i don't see it happening.
Anyway, it would be better for him to go to Lazio than Man utd.

·
International
6,519 Posts
And why is Cannavaro's joining lazio so doubtfull, IL TORO ?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Why is it NOT doubtful sslazio11?

Anyway, I can assure everyone that Cannavaro won't join Man Utd in the near future. Mainly because of two things. Cannavaro is italian, and as such his ultimate goal is to win Lo Scudetto and keep his place in gli Azzurri. The other reason spells Man Utd salary policy. They are not willing to pay the kind of money he, or any other superstar, wants. Even when Fabio gets into his 30's I'm sure he will go back to Napoli instead of going abroad.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Well I don't want Cannavarro for that sort of money!!

And i can't see why Lazio would go bankrupt after this season even if it didnt go well!!
Heres how I see it:
We earn $50mil from lo scudetto
we sell Boksic for $8mil, Salas for $35mil, we sell Pinzi and the other youngster for $7mil, so our total income is $100mil!!

we buy Crespo for $14mil with part exchanges, we buy Lopez for $26mil, we buy Peruzzi for $16mil + part exchange, we buy Carini and Baronio for $8mil each, and we give 1 mil and marcolin for the sampdoria dude and we buy Zenden for $14mil!!

So that = $87mil so we still made a profit didn't we? So i can't see where going bankrupt comes into it from what Bayern said!! What am i missing out on :confused:

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I can't believe it. If Cannavaro come you guys are going to have one hell of a kicka.ss team. Wow. drool drool. :(

Forza Juve anyway.. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
You're missing out on the fact that Lazio is a company now. Not a sports club. The investors expect results to keep the value of the Lazio stock. If not, the value of the stock will decrease and Lazio will be in financial jeopardy. I don't think it would go as far as Lazio going bankrupt but it would certainly put an end to the spending bonanza. You're actually using the money from the sale of the stocks to buy players, not Cragnotti's personal money.

The $50 million you say Lazio earned by winning Lo Scudetto isn't in Lazio's hands yet... It's an estimate on how much your home attendance will increase and so on.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Lazio will have the best defence in the world including: Nesta, Cannavaro, Pancaro and Couto!

With the best Midfield in the world, and one of the best pair of strikers in the world (if not the best), we will be unstopable!
Peruzzi is a great goalkeeper and when Carini will grow older, we will be the best team in the world guys!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
just get good left back and yer set
pancaro is ok, though there are better right backs
how bout panucci
he is on sale
and left back....
well
roberto carlos maybe
since yer throwin around so much money :D

E

·
0 Posts
Verdi...
so you are visiting my baby-site :). I´ll see if I can squize in some Parma-news in the future.

FORZA LAZIO

P.S. By the way, isn´t it nice that somebody gives you all updates on Serie A in Swedish? Go Sportal!!! :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I dont want to pop your dream but this website is tottaly bull****.Its the same website that claimed that Parma bought Rebrov and Flo earlier this year.

They probably got the news from Calciomercato,is it possible THIS news to be "exclusive" since its well known in Italy?

Till now,only calciomercato and the corriere dello sport mention this stuff,now unless you believe Calciomercato and a Roman newspaper...

Even if there was such an agreement it wouldnt go in public,and even if it was it will litelrsally break since the news hit the public,Tanzi is no fool and if he sells Crespo and agrees to the trasnfer of Cannavaro in one week he will have his house burned down at Parma.So far the only official statement we have is what Enrico Fedele said.

D

·
0 Posts
I just can see the point of this.A world record fee for a defender is $15M ManU payed for Stam 2 years ago.And now Crag will come and pay $50M for Canna. That's more than 3 times!!! Unbelievable! Cannavaro is great defender but no defender is worth over $20M.I still don't believe, but you'll never know with Cragnotti :)
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
555 Posts
Verdi, the news was spread from different radio stations in Italy, then it came to sites on the net like Calciomercato..then Gazzetta and the last one was this "exclusive" news from optasoccer...

I don't say that the news is true, but now you know from where the news was spread :)

btw, Sportal.it and even Italian text-tv had it as news ... but I know how many times they have been wrong .. :(

Anyway, let's hope Cannavaro joins Lazio ... he is VERY WELCOME !! :)

FORZALAZIO !!

http://Laziomania.socceralliance.com

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I totally agree with Verdi!!I think there isn't anybody who is richer than Moratti!Cragnotti is using those money of the shareholders to buy players,which obviously is an exact business action!!Lazio fans should hope they won't miss out the CL and Scudetto next season or pray for their star players won't get injured,or Cragnotti and Lazio could get in serious trouble!!

Well,Inter 1+8,we don't need Thuram,Inter should need big signings anymore!!Just look at our squard,Ferrari,Cirillo,Frey,Farinos,Brocchi,Pirlo and don't forget Ventola!!Why smash the bamk then?!!Don't worry,Ferrari and Cirillo could well be the next Cannavaro and Nesta pair!!Inter might now shine this season,but surely they will in the next or two!

Forza R9!!
Forza Inter!!!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
There are 3 Seria A presidenbts richer than Moratti.Berlusconi,Agneli and Tanzi.Dont judge how rich these people are from how much they invest on the players.The business world is different.For examble,while Cragnotti was buying Crespo,Tanzi bought Cragnotti milk center in Rome for 1800 billion lire or something like that.

Mattias,only one newspaper reported the "deal".Non other than Corriere Dello Sport.As for the internet,Calciomercato wrote it first and the english as well as tyhe sweedish sites picked the information from there...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts