Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to LLSN Pioli will try out a 4-3-2-1 formation. Which seems appropriate with Christmas coming up. :)

Marchetti; Konko, Hoedt, Gentiletti, Radu; Cataldi, Biglia, Parolo; Candreva, Djordjevic; Klose

I'm not too sure about playing Djordjevic in that role, but seeing as how he hasn't produced anything as a striker perhaps this will actually work out.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
How is that a 4-3-2-1 anyway, I suspect Klose and Djordjevic will play as they usually do, i.e. strikers, not support strikers.

Good that we are trying something new because we are actually not that far from the relegation zone and what we have been doing is clearly not working. With this defence, we got to hope the attack will finally produce big time.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
What an awful, awful first half. Sampdoria is just as bad as we are so it was almost unbearable to watch although they managed to miss an enormous chance.

It's like we have no idea how to move bring the ball to strikers when we get a chance to move forwards. No one takes the right runs, no one seems to want the ball and it's just very slow, predictable and boring. We pas the ball around a bit and when we run out of ideas Hoedt, Biglia or Cataldi tries the long ball for Candreva on the wing who can't get a proper pass in. We lose the ball and it's back to scratch.

Wankers.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this was supposed to be our revival moment, we're in even bigger trouble than I thought.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
So, who do you think will be our new mister? It's obvious Pioli will not be here after the break after such a spineless performance.

Piolo clearly has no idea what he's doing. He finally drops SMS but the lineup still don't work and he put on Felipe like some sort of saviour to go out and do some magic.

We suck but our bad luck is just ridiculous too. Marchetti gets injured out of nowhere and when Berisha came on, I just knew he would be involved in some sort of stupidity. Alas...

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"We must improve", "Lazio has to be more cynical in front of goal", "The squad cannot lose concentration for a single moment", "Refereeing decisions impacted the match", "We must grow as a team", "The turning point is right around the corner", "The next game is critical", "Everyone has to play in service of the others", "We have to regain our focus".

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We sure know how to shoot ourselves in the foot, don't we?

·
Registered
436 Posts
After watching this it is obvious to me the players are terrified of making mistakes in this period of poor form and in turn it has mentally destroyed them.

Like one of you said, luckily Sampdoria are equally as bad as us otherwise we would have comfortably lost this match.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Somehow there's always a chain of events that leads to us not winning...Marchettis get injured while celebrating our goal, then Berisha steps in and does something crazy. This really can't be happening...

But the fact is of course that against this Samp we should have wrapped up the win much earlier. The performance showed no improvement at all.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Of course Berisha should have been sent off, so we were actually lucky in all that...

It's just depressing right now. Also depressing to see Serie A this empty in a league game.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Enjoy reading your commentary guys, very entertaining! :)

I'm not so sure it's nerves. It could be a case of Pioli losing the dressing room and the players put in a half assed performance to get rid of him.
That's possible though publicly all the players are showing solidarity with Pioli.

If they indeed want him gone and he's lost the dressing room, he's got to be sacked immediately as dragging it out longer is useless and just will damage our season further.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts