Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On sunday we finally face a team who's away record is worse than our own Still, that doesn't make Reggina any less dangerous potentially. Their stategy will no doubt be a defensive one, making use of the speed of their forwards to hit us on the counter. So we should really try to score early in the match, to throw them off their gameplan. Let's just hope we can be more accurate in front of the goal, than we've been in previous matches and make good use of the chances we create. While at the same time, not give anything away at the back.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
The Irriducibili will apparently boycott the game in order to express again their protest against Lotito and urge the other fans to do the same. I really don't think this is the way...

Anyway, I just see us taking the lead, then Reggina equalising and then one of the teams, hopefully Lazio scoring the winning goal.

FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Screw the Irr. I will be watching this game with baited breath, and any less than a win will disappoint me greatly. Let's win this time!

Forza Lazio.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2-0 after 35 minutes, Di Canio and Rocchi! :happy:

We're doing what we must. We got the early goal, Reggina had to come forward, creating the opportunity for us to score a second. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Great results - we won, Livorno and Chievo and roma lost.

Funnily enough, I was right about us scoring and then conceding in the next few minutes. Thankfully that happened after we already led 2:0. I only watched the second half because the Firentina game was suspended and the TV switched to our game. Pedestrian pace from both teams and Reggina had about two dangerous attacks and scored only because our players got really complacent after the third goal. Nice combination leading to Di Canio's goal.

FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now we're just two points behind Livorno, so that UEFA cup spot is once again a realistic goal. :)

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Liverno play Juve next week. We also have a tough game versus Inter. Behrami will be back for Inter.

Paolo was superb, man of the match performance. Pretty dominant performance.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Goal of the Week: Di Canio (Lazio)

What goes on in Paolo Di Canio’s head may sometimes be questionable, but give him a ball at his feet and you have to applaud him. The gem of a goal he scored against Reggina on Sunday was class personified as he chipped past Ivan Pelizzoli with a quite delightful touch with the outside of his right foot. What a shame that the majority of his fans, given their protest against President Claudio Lotito, missed it…

channel4

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I thought he mishit the ball, but of course it was still a spectacular goal.

Great win, too, of course. One of the few ones where we actually managed to close the win, that's a good sign. Although it has to be said that Reggina isn't much of a travelling team.

10 000 fans at the stadium in the end. I'm glad there were that many who didn't follow IRR. For a match like Reggina there aren't many more fans outside the Curva Nord anyway. Not this season.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If it wasnt for IRR we wouldnt have away support, we wouldnt have the atmosphere we usually have. They dedicate their lives to the club. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Well there was a full Curva Nord before the IRR. Groups like Eagles were just as passionate.

In any case, just like I hate the way Lotito thinks he is Lazio, I hate the way IRR think they're the only Laziali.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They are more like a political sect, than a group of football ultras.

People in Rome (journalists and people in the Lazio organisation, and players as well actually) have to be very careful what they say about the Irriducibili, or otherwise they have to fear for their own safety. They know the players home addresses and can just walk in out of formello, like they own the place.

IRR members who want to leave, can face serious repercussions from their former 'friends', when a group of them shows up at their house to demonstrate why leaving them isn't such a good idea.

It's best to watch them, and their displays, from afar only. ;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
In any case, just like I hate the way Lotito thinks he is Lazio, I hate the way IRR think they're the only Laziali.
Exactly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts