Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that almost every coach has announced their 22-men squad for EURO 2000.
Now, let's see which Lazio players will be playing in EURO 2000 :

Portugal - Sergio Conceicao
- Fernando Couto

Italy - Alessandro Nesta
- Paolo Negro
I'm still very, very disappointed that Zoff decided to drop Pancaro. The last man to be dropped! :( :( :( I was already disappointed when he dropped Fuser (he used to wear Lazio jerseys anyway ;) ) and now Pancaro! Aarggh!

Yugoslavia - Sinisa Mihajlovic
- Dejan Stankovic

Czech Republic - Pavel Nedved :)

Have I missed anyone? Too bad Argentina is not in Euro 2000, otherwise we might see more Lazio players there ;)

And which Lazio player do you think will shine the most in Euro 2000? And who's least likely to be in the starting eleven?

Forza Lazio
All the best to all the Lazio players in Euro 2000!

D

·
0 Posts
Mr Dependable(Pavel Nedved)is guaranteed to play well.Always gives 100%.
Paulo Negro would be my tip to keep the bench warm....sadly.

J

·
0 Posts
Pancaro won't be dropped until thursday, he has still a little chance. Pavel & Sinisa will shine and I hope that Nesta can save our team, with these forwards our only chance is that defence will be very good!

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
I hope somebody breaks Maldini's leg, so Pancaro can play in Euro 2000, we already missed Inzaghi from the squad, don't let any Lazio player being dropped !!!! no more... not Nesta, not Negro, and not Pancaro ... even maybe add Favalli :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
One Lazio player who will shine the most in Euro 2000 is, of course, none other than :) :) :)Alessandro Nesta :) :) :)
But I'm looking forward to see Deki and Miha in action too, especially for Deki 'cuz he didn't get to play much with Lazio last season.

A

·
0 Posts
I think that Boksij will play with his national team ... and i hope that our players not injuried or we have big problems next season

------------------
only Lazio + Argantine ....

L

·
0 Posts
I don´t think Boksic will play in Euro 2000 becuase Craotia isn´t......

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I don't think Pancaro will be included in the team at the end (I hope I'm wrong!)

My personal choice is of course :D Nedved :D but in order for that to happen, the Czechs must do well once again!
And it's the same with Miha, he may very well shine (with his amazing goals from free kicks!) if Yugo can advance quite far.
Deki don't get that many chances to be in the starting eleven with Lazio, so I hope that'll not be the case for Yugoslavia! So if Deki gets his chance, then, well, it seems that Negro would be the least likely to make it into the starting 11. Unless someone gets injured I guess...

All the best to Lazio players in Euro 2000 !

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Latest info on the jersey numbers for those Lazio players :

Portugal - Couto (5)
- Conceicao (11)

Italy - Negro (6)
- Nesta (13)

Yugoslavia - Stankovic (6)
- Mihajlovic (11)

Czech Rep. - Nedved (4) :)

I don't know whether or not there'll be any changes to these numbers, but what I've heard is that it's already final.

All the best to all Lazio players in Euro 2000!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So, you were disappointed when Zoff dropped Fuser, 'cause he once wore a Lazio jersey?
Well, perhaps I can make you happy then! Luigi di Biagio is still with the Azzurri and he used to be a Laziale as well! :)

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed, Lazia! I still have a weak spot for those ex-Lazio players esp. those whom I actually saw playing in Lazio jersey...
di Matteo, Fuser, Signori, Grandoni, Orsi, Mancini (the 'keeper!'), Rambaudi...

By the way, where is Rambaudi now?

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
120 Posts
Nedved!

I found Rambaudi's name in the players' list of Treviso(Serie B) at the beginningt of this season, though I don't know if he's still there or not.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
No doubt Nedved will be the most inspired player at EC2000 from the Lazio squad.

Nesta will be solid as ever but in such a boring national it´s not easy to dominate the headlines.

Sinisa and Jugo will have a hard time but if you look at the talent they possess then they should be set for a semi - deki will shine !!!! I wrote a thing Eriksson said to the swedish media: " Dejan Stankovic is a complete player and if he keeps evolving like he has up until now he´ll be the worlds greatest midfielder in a couple of years "

This indicates a no sale seal on Deki if you ask me :)

Sergio Conceciao will be great for Portugal and of course so will Couto who will completely erease Shearer and Bierhoff when they meet.

If you look at the way the teams played upuntil now:

1) Spain
2) Czech Rep
3) Portugal

These teams have my favour but the dutch will probably be up there as will germany.

S

·
0 Posts
I think Sinisa Mihajlovic and Pavel Nedved will do their job good too - Italy has good chances to win EURO but so does Netherlands
Yugoslavia is bad now but hey - let's see who'll make it :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
On thursday i am going to Holland.
Gonna be there.

I think all Lazio players will do their best and they almost play key-roles in their team.

My favourits are :
Spain,France and Holland (The team is great and they play at home but, Rijkaard seems the negative point)
+ Let's not forget Germany as well.They are always Germany.
And Norway can make a surprise.
I don't believe in Italy .The team selection is not made right i think.And Vieri's absense is too bad.
But we will see.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
This Euor is Netherland's, you can deny how do they play the football.....
They have successful coach, great goalie, and best midfielders.....
Final ?
How about Netherland v England ?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pomagia, thanx for the info! I've suspected that he's now playing in Serie B since I haven't seen him in any other Serie A clubs!
I still want to see Rambaudi play again, one day perhaps? Wishful thinking I guess :(

Anyway for the Euro 2000 final...since my fave team are rather unlikely to reach it, I'll just hope for at least one team containing Lazio player(s) in the final :D

All the best to all Lazio players in Euro 2000!
Forza Lazio

1 - 17 of 17 Posts