Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tomorrow at 10 pm CET BBC 2 will broadcast a program about .... hooligans. It will be about 2 supporters' groups: Lazio & Boca. From what I have heard and read this will be another disgraceful act to make Lazio fans look bad. :mad: I'm going to watch the program tomorrow.... and if there is only the slightest attack against us, the Lazio fans, I will react by sending emails etc. I suggets everyone else will do the same!

G

·
AquilaBelga said:
I'm going to watch the program tomorrow.... and if there is only the slightest attack against us, the Lazio fans, I will react by sending emails etc. I suggets everyone else will do the same!
I'm sure the president of the Beeb is just quivering in fear from your projected threats. Why not go a step further and send him a nasty poem. Nothing gets you more attention than rhyming criticism.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
What exactly do you suggest then, Nero?;) What is an alternative approach of an average viewer?

Voicing your disagreement with the programme is the only way to show your discontent.

I read somewhere some bits & pieces of the material that will be used. Apparently, they are lambasting Di Vaio for knowing some of the leaders of the Irreducibili. :rolleyes:

but lets wait & see. Not jump into conclusions, like many do as regards to Lazio Fans;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1: Nero: did I ask for your opinion? :rolleyes: Bedises, what else CAN we do? The Lazio PR should take care of these problems, but they can't even put a stop to all the idiot rumours revolving the club, or the famous 'Mussolini's team' column by that idiot from MSN.

2: Aca: Di Vaio? I guess you mean Di Canio :D

3: The program will be offensive aca....

G

·
C'mon, don't begrudge me one cynical post. :)

I don't think the BBC documentary will intentionally make Lazio fans look bad, a minority of them do a good job of that all by themselves.

As a fan of the club you have to accept the good with the bad. And that means accepting criticism of the undesirable elements from the Lazio supporters you'd rather not have. Lazio's problems regarding their fan base in Rome is well documented, and as long as the programme doesn't stereotype Lazio fans and lump all of them in one group under the heading "fascist" or "racist", then i don't think there's much to complain about.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
You are right Nero:)

Just that this issue is quite touchy with Lazio fans, we do tend to react quickly;):)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nero.... I'm affraid that HAS already happened. We have been stereotyped as being fascist & racist...... there have been articles & programmes that were made especially to degrade us. There's no more violence or racism than in any other (italian) club, but sadly enough we're always the ones to get the blame.

From the 'top' teams we're the only team that hasn't got a serious PR-team, and look at the 3 biggest sports papers:

Gazzetta dello Sport: Sportspaper based in Milan, traditionally in favour of both the Milanese teams. The newspaper was however quite objective untill a new president, a romanista, was appointed. Since then the news gathering has seriously deterioriated.

Corriere dello Sport: Nicknamed Corriere del Trigoria (as roma's training ground); this roman based sports paper has always favoured as roma, and bashed on Lazio.

TuttoSport: Owned by Agnelli, Juventus' president. If you are looking for the craziest rumours and most sensational crap this is your paper....

Mafia doesn't exist anymore they say....... but the day the Serie A will be a clean league without favouring anyone will be the day pigs can fly!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And ofcourse foreign newspapers get their 'news' from these 'fine' newspapers...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
AquilaBelga said:
tomorrow at 10 pm CET BBC 2 will broadcast a program about .... hooligans. It will be about 2 supporters' groups: Lazio & Boca. From what I have heard and read this will be another disgraceful act to make Lazio fans look bad. :mad: I'm going to watch the program tomorrow.... and if there is only the slightest attack against us, the Lazio fans, I will react by sending emails etc. I suggets everyone else will do the same!
Very interesting program, be interesting to hear your views on it.

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Yes, I thought it was pretty interesting aswell.
Not really what I expected it to be about..I thought the Lazio fans in general would be reflected as rightwinged hooligans.

And what you always read on sites as Laziomania, you saw it on camerafootage this time. About the riot where the fans attacked the players at Formello a few days after the lousy defeat in the derby, and that the fans dismissed themselfes after a 3-0 down at halftime in Olimpico, and the riots in the streets which occured after that. Lighting cars and little shops and all, the usual stuff hooligans like to do, besides taking their frustration against the coppers when there seems to be no romanista around.
But what was really lovely and beautiful to watch, was how you see the choreography arranged before the derby. As Fabrizio said about that huge banner: "It was beautiful. Fascist, but within the limits".
Also, the trip and arrival at Bergamo, where the leftwinged supporters from Atalanta are based was shown.

I especially liked what you saw about what Fabrizio (Irr leader) thought about the players, how he stated that they were mercenaries and all.
And the Di Canio banners which were showed during the Milan match still moved me. :sigh: As in to show what kind of commitment the fans expect from the players.
"The best present this club gan give us, is to buy back Di Canio. Paolo is one of us, and stood on the terraces with us, and it shows, because on the pitch he plays more like a fan than a footballer."
Di Canio was talking himself aswell, as he says he can understand the fans and never had problems with him.
Like he said that he might miss a goal or miss a penalty, have a bad game. But they will never see him give up or play 50-60% on the pitch and still get respect for the fans. Cause he is the reflection for the supporters.
Instead of certain mercenaries in the current team.

I will talk more about it when I get back tonight.
Ciao

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
The producer is an Anglo-Italain, who knows what he's talking about, as far as Italian football is concerned.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I have to admit that it was not as bad as i expected it to be:D

I any case, Boca fans looked worse than Irreducibili.

And that is my next step;)

Apparently this is the third episode in the run of three. First two were dedicated to Engilsh hooliganism. I would like to see those two first & put things in perspective.

On the programme, there were couple of interesting things to find out. First, Irreducibili, at least in this programme, seem to have power thatm lets say english hard-core supporter wouldnt. Taking to Crag Jr about Coreography, being able to see the players & talk to them, having a plave next to the pitch for the games, having an organised business (indipendent fron Lazio official shops) to finance activities. I find these things ok & fans, in a way, should have their say in the club activities. I remember that Red Star Belgrade had at the peak of their power, 50 buses which they used to take around 2500 die-hard supporters on away games.

On the other hand, certain things were scary. They are openly streamlining their political madness onto the pitch. The hard core Chelsea fan travelling with Lazio for Atalanta game (because Atalanta are traditionaly left wing) shows how organised & connected these PPL are. And having the facilities mentioned above & using them for some wierd policies and backwards ideas, is not my idea of "having fun while watching football". These PPL have certain intentions which they are proud off & want to spread them further. This has to be stoped. Thuram had all bloody right in the world to say "how am i supposed to play for Lazio when i know what these PPL are doing?".

It's late now & i was losing the sound while watching it;) I'll try to watch it again & say more:)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually Thuram had no f*cking right to say these things Aca.... I mean, how hypocrite can you get? He talks as if Lazio is the only team where these problems are! I heard racist chants & the usual BUBUBU in Parma too ... why did he not say anything about that for all these years? I thought this guy was supposed to be smart :rolleyes:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Well I saw the first two episodes and they followed Millwall and Cardiff City, but they were not as bad as we saw at Boca and Lazio. I knew that there were a few fascists in your crowds but that it were so many...

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
AquilaBelga said:
Actually Thuram had no f*cking right to say these things Aca.... I mean, how hypocrite can you get? He talks as if Lazio is the only team where these problems are! I heard racist chants & the usual BUBUBU in Parma too ... why did he not say anything about that for all these years? I thought this guy was supposed to be smart :rolleyes:
Of course he has a right, he was of course referring to a club to which he could have been transferred to. The programme was afterall a profile of a "section" of Lazio supporters. I guess youre sick to death of hearing about the right wing element of the club and I have kept an open mind on this subject but this programme really exposes it and the issue here isnt, oh well it goes on at other clubs, it should be well how do we get rid these dangerous people at Lazio?

Someone like Fabrizio who has that much power and holds those view surely is dangerous. When Lazio played Perugia they asked the Curva Nord not to applaud anything in protest at the team's previous performances. Someone applauds a goal and then 2/3 gorillas go running towards them... to beat them up!! It this a football ground or a throwback to the good old days under Mussolini?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts