Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It´s so confusing reading about the deals being made left and right now during the silly season.

First of all I think that after this season one thing must be made very clear - our problems where never in midfield !!!!

I think it´s ridiculous to touch the midfield but since Almeyda wants to leave I guess we have no choice but to sell him. Ok we bought Baronio and he will add a bit more tactics and skill to our game ( but he´s no way as good a ballwinner as mighty Almeyda )

If we know our strength then we know our weakness !! We badly need a young central defender and a more powerful finisher.

To me it´s clear that if we create 15 corners a game and score never on those chances we need someone that´s better with his head and to me there are some obvious choices to try and negotiate for: Jardel, Savio Milosevic, Kluivert, Crespo, Vieri etc.

So we are trying to reach Vieri and Crespo aswell but I think that we should look at the chance / take the risk with Jardel. Nobody can take this guy away from the air during an entire game and with the pressure our midfield always adds !!

In the central position Mihajlovic is not my first choice and I think that it´s a mistake not to open negotiations for Laursen who has been amazing this season and looks to be even better in the future since this one is only a kid still ( 22 ). We could insert a player in xchange and money, we have the options.

Now with Overmars I don´t know where we are aiming ?? ok he´s got speed but surely he can´t compete with Nedved on the left wing ?? could it be Eriksson want´s to use Nedved in a more central position and use Overmars on the left wing period ??

Anyway I don´t understand the approach at all ?!?

About Negro, I can understand his frustration ... all the time Lazio is being bombarded with offers and rumours for their players and if players won´t recieve proper information from headoffice then of course they are going to be low on morale !!!

The only players that have been labeled not for sale are Veron and Nesta but we still hear talks about Veron on a daily basis ?!?

I think that it´s impossible for Massimo / Sergio Cragnotti to go out and deny these rumours every day because that would be ridiculous but as in the case with Negro I think that he should be told that everything is clear - guess we´ll wait for that news until friday but to replace him with Panucci ?? please don´t make us laugh - replace him with Salgado no one else.

The defence should stay as it is but with a new young talanted central defender to replace Mihajlovic ( act as a semi sub for miha - take the cup games, some serie a games and some CL games. )

The attack could stay as it is with Lopez instead of Boksic .. I think that we can win everything with Salas, Simone and Lopez .. I´m sure we can.

On midfield we should look at a replacement for Almeyda or keep the player, I think that it will be very hard to replace Almeyda.

As a goalie we shouldn´t go straight into Inters trap and go for 18$ for Peruzzi - that´s ridiculous !!!

Use Luca and Carini or be more agressive for Toldo.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
When Almeyda leaves Lazio will probably go for Giannichedda from Udinese i thought. He would be a good replacement i think.

You're totally right about our attackers. Last year we created a lot of corners but didn't get any profit of it. Also because in some games the corners were very badly taken !
The money we're using to get Overmars and Peruzzi could be better used to buy an attacker and defender.

About Laursen : When Belgium played Denmark in a friendly the commentator said that Lazio had bought Laursen. Isn't it true then ?

The Cragnotti's already denied several rumours but they can't keep on repeating them always. That the rumours keep on going i don't mind , that's part of soccer nowadays, but a player from our club should get some more clearness about himself.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I agree with you svennis, but not about Almeyda, he's a superb who wants to play more than the others :) , maybe because he thinks that he's good enough to play in every single game. We will miss him that's for sure, but we've got Baronio now, 2 years ago, he was nothing, but now he's everything, i think Baronio can play as good as Almeyda, maybe he's not a ballwinner as Almeyda, but he's a young talented player or maybe one of the biggest player that Italy ever produced :)

We badly need a new attacker, Claudio Lopez is a superb player, but we need a decent striker, I'd go for Jardel or Crespo.

We also need a new defender, I reckon, Materazzi and Cirrilo would be good for Lazio. Or try to get Grandoni back :)

Why we still tring to get Overmars from Arse-nal?? simple answer, coz he's a world class player, but we have Nedved already, selling Conceicao is not the good thing to do. I also don't think that Arse-nal would let him go to Lazio, just like they did to us last year.

Perruzi, he's away too expensive for a 30 years old goallie. Why don't we try to get Kahn instead?

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
I agree that we should keep our midfield intact. Plus the arrival of Baronio, and minus the departure of Almeyda, yes. Can't help it. If anyone should come in the midfield, let it be a young player who'll just be an understudy to the key player in his position.
Defence, ours may not have been the best. But what we need is just some additions 1-2 players, perhaps -preferably young and with potential, NOT already a star. And NoonE should leave! We haven't exactly got a surplus in our defence!
Attack - personally I think Lopez's arrival is already sufficient. Perhaps one more attacker to come (since Boksic seems set to leave), but I don't want it to be a megastar.
'Keeper - Carini looks like he's gonna be loaned next season. I was surprised that Balotta extended his contract, since I thought next season Luca will be 2nd choice and perhaps we'll have someone else as 1st choice - Frey was on my mind. But if it's Peruzzi then, Luca may be leaving :( 1st choice - Peruzzi (30), then 2nd Balotta (40+)? Looks bad to me. But I have faith in Sven. So let's just wait and see.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
svennis, i agree with everyone you said. one more thing i want to add is Palermo. i know he was injured, but he has the whole summer to be fully back to what he was before the injury. this guy is great at headers, shooting and positioning. believe me, he can make a great difference for alot less money. i saw his goals before his injury and he is very impressive and dominant in the heading department.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts