Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another defeat, another injury. This time for Candreva who has been a driving force on a rather broken team.

And once again strange decisions by Pioli. We're chasing goals and Klose is taken off for Mauri who A) is not a striker B) hasn't played for ages.

Meanwhile, Djordjevic is subbed on in the 87th minute.

I'm actually quite surprised that Mauricio didn't get sent off just to complete the misery.

·
Administrator
52,363 Posts
You have shameful shameful fans...

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Who cares what Pioli says after the match, really...we should be more worried about what happens on the pitch. We were crazy to play such a high defensive line against Napoli, it was always going to fail.

This match showed everything that is wrong with Lazio. First, the defence just isn't reliable at all. Second, the attacking plays come from individual runs and there's no system in place. Third, against league leaders at home the stadium is nowhere near to even being half full. Fourth, the ones who did come to Curva Nord acted like complete idiots and probably got us a stadium suspension. What happened to the pledge of not making the monkey noises? Since they weren't racist but just misunderstood? Wasn't the Curva supposed to be really organized and follow their leaders? Bloody morons.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
By the way, if there was ever any doubt how important Biglia is for this team, look at the performance yesterday. Onazi did all he could and had a pretty good game, but we just lacked the organization and control that Biglia brings to the midfield. When Napoli press as they do, every loss of possession can be deadly. We lost it constantly in the midfield, totally unnecessarily.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
we should be more worried about what happens on the pitch. We were crazy to play such a high defensive line against Napoli, it was always going to fail.
Not 'we', Pioli. You know, the same person who makes the inane comments after the game.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I don't know, it's just that to me those post-match interviews mean nothing 99 percent of the time, it's just going through the motions. I don't think there was anything particularly wrong with what Pioli said after this game, anyway.

But there is a whole lot wrong with how we are playing this season. Although I can see that Pioli's words can be frustrating, I'd rather focus on what happened on the pitch. In that Pioli has a lot to answer to...

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
So many factors in that...De Vrij's injury screwed up the defence early on. Klose is starting to be finished. Felipe Anderson started the season out of shape and has struggled ever since. Parolo had a wonder season last year which was always going to be hard to repeat. Plus of course we had Super cup, CL qualifiers and Europa League.

Basically, however, the problem was that we were overperforming last season and Lotito and Tare didn't realize that. Instead of strengthening the squad in the summer, we brought young players who were supposed to introduce slowly to Serie A. Of course that didn't work out and not a single one of our summer signings has impressed.

Finally, Pioli is of course to blame for either not finding or not being able to implement a system for the current squad.

·
Administrator
52,363 Posts
Those fans are shameful too, but unlike you our fans don't have a consistent history of abuses like this. How often this keeps happening is whats most shameful.

Skickat från min SM-A300FU via Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts