Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,218 Posts
I am reading that Pandev is hurt as well. He said he will play but the word in Italy is that he might not. Can anyone give us some info.
Thanks
Aye, Pandev left the training session before its end, but he should be playing tomorrow, at least according to gazzetta.it. I hope our 3 man midfield will be able to stand up against their five midfielders, especially Gargano and Hamsik will test our men in the middle hard. Dabo has to improve a lot if we want to have some chances to win in style. Rozehnal on Lavezzi is not the smartest move (euphemistically speaking), our fastest central defender is Siviglia, provided Radu plays on the left tomorrow to try to stop Maggio, whereas the Czech looks fitter to mark Denis, if "El Tanque" will play. As Anomander said, Rocchi is injured again and will miss Napoli and Chievo, so gazzetta.it lines up these starters:

Attachments

· Registered
3,218 Posts
Stinging defeat. The first half was quite balanced, what with Zàrate missing a few good chances, a free kick from Gargano hit the crossbar and then Carrizo saved on Denis coming up on to score from close range. Ledesma tried his usual assortement of long range shots, but all of them went wide, one resembling rather rugby than football. In the seconf half, Napoli were more active than in the first, but their goal was lucky. Lavezzi run to the end of the pitch and from the sideline crossed, the ball hit on Siviglia and went to far end in the goal. The rest of the match was Lazio attacking, but more out of rage than with some rationality.

Manfredini. If Rossi wanted him to help Radu in containing Maggio, than mission accomplished. But it was a fact that evry time Manfredini touched the ball, the speed of Lazio actions decreased dramatically. And for a team who base their play ALSO on quick counterattacks, that's a big burden. I thought Rossi was going to replace him at the beginning of second half, but I was too optimistic (hell, I would have never thought of writing these words, actually...).

Best players: Siviglia did a good match, despite his deflection who roiginated Napoli's goal. Radu too was good. Carrizo has finally showed something similar to a save. Lichtsteiner played well, as usual...

After the sweet September, it's an awkward October...

· Registered
3,218 Posts
... especially since in November Lazio will play 4 times out of 5 at the Olimpico, including the derby. "Nice" would be nice. Anyway, yesterday was a step forwards compared to Bologna. Not that it was so hard to improve from the Bologna game, but the boys played with some fighting spirit, at least. Than, you can lose or win, ALSO depending on how the wheel of luck is spinning.

· Registered
3,218 Posts
What's with Serie A refs lately, in the minutes I have watched this moron gave like a dozen totally non existent fouls.
Mauri and Foggia did the same (not talking about the penalty on Zàrate) and after the game did not refrain from telling that to the referee in person. Result: both Mauri and Foggia have been banned for two games.

· Registered
3,218 Posts
According to "Gazzetta dello Sport", in the referee's report it is written that Foggia said to the refereeing trio "You were a scandal today", whereas Mauri was more creative (at least off the pitch...) and said to the referee alone "What have you eaten today? You were a scandal". Two game bans for each of them. Lazio will appeal against the bans.

· Registered
3,218 Posts
We are the same team whose coach was banned for three games without any evidence, and it is not even the first time. The truth is that politically and mediatically (right word?) we count 0 (zero), so that all these ill decisions go down without any loud protest (except a few voices without any real power to change things, such as fans or some journalists). Jsut to illustrate how the double ban was in the news today in the "Gazzetta dello Sport", here is a picture comparing the news about the bans (down on the left) and the "news" about Mellberg's beard growing. Guess which news is more important?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.