Xtratime Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, last day has finally come. Only Lazio subscribers may be able to go to see the game, Rossi will probably have his first of three game ban, his vice-coach Limone has not the licence to coach a Serie A team, so I wonder who coaches Lazio tomorrow. Maybe our beloved president will have a day off the stand and go down to sit on the bench.
De Silvestri and Pandev are banned, Cribari and Siviglia have some kind of (light) injury, so it will be a good chance to see Rozenhal and Radu together as central defenders, finally. Let's see what Mauri and Bianchi will do in the last match of the season

Gazzetta.it line-up:

Lazio 4-3-1-2

Ballotta 32

Zauri 8 - Rozehnal 7 - Radu 2 - Kolarov 3

Behrami 85 - Ledesma 24 - Mutarelli 5

Mauri 11

Bianchi 9 - Rocchi 18

On the bench:

Muslera 1
Firmani 4
Dabo 6
Baronio 10
Manfredini 68
Vignaroli 21
Tare 17

Coach: Rossi

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Shouldn't we give a final game starting spot to our hero Baronio? :) Assuming his contract expires and is not until 2014 or something...

With so much expected drama in the other games I really doubt I will watch this game even I can find a stream but it woudl be good to end the season with a win agains napoli.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But I am afraid he could take advantage of the FIFA article 17 and leave us to go to IBV Vestmanneyar or Shamrock Rovers.

Back to the match, this season I hurt myself enough by watching Lazio games. Now I take a day off and watch Parma-Inter. But listening to the match at the Olimpico, of course. Lazio fans are never masochist enough :)

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
9 Posts
We are leading 1-0, a quite good performance from our side. Napoli had a couple of dangerous counter attack but they were prevented well by our new format defender.

At the end of the first half the game turn into a fight club game, I hope no red card will turn up in the 2nd half.

The player of the Match so far is the goal scorer Rocchi, and i am wondering it just me or you can also have a feeling that Mauri's magic touches are coming back!! Good for him..

I wish there is Pandev on the field today, if it's him and not Tare we could already lead by three goals.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Wow, Firmani scoring the winning goal for the second time this season! I guess Napoli's vacation had started early. ;)

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
40,110 Posts
A nice victory to end the season. And results elsewhere also going our way. Not bad at all. :)

Now let's see what the summer brings us.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Results everywhere were great. :)

Yeah, good to win with a couple of wins...makes me think that we had something of a mental block. In these pressure-less games we again played pretty well.

Now a long, uncertain summer.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
We had a bad mentality all season long, that much was clear. the question is what do we do in order not to repeat that next year.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Decent end to a bad season. Now, let's have some rest from Lazio games after such a tiring supporting season, let's have a break by watching Euro 2008, and then let's see what Lotito gets out of his hat. But above all, let's cross our fingers.

By the way, this is what Lotito said after today's game: The balance of this season is certainly negative, and I am sorry. Our table position does not reflect the worth of the team. It has been a bloody season because of many injuries and some bad luck, but also for other reasons, one of them is certainly the lack of unity in the dressing room.

I am afraid the "lack of unity" is also referring to Mauri. Call me crazy, but I would keep him, provided he has still some will to play for Lazio and provided he did not play well in the last games only to show himself better on the market. It would be pretty sad if his shirt had not "EdilEuropa" as sponsor but "Buy me. I am this good".

As for ratings:
LAZIO-NAPOLI 2-1
Lazio (4-3-1-2): Muslera 6; Behrami 6 (80' Kolarov), Rozenhal 6, Radu 6, Zauri 6; Dabo 6 (61' Firmani 6,5), Ledesma 6, Mutarelli 5,5 (46' Manfredini 6); Mauri 6,5; Rocchi 6,5, Tare 6,5. On the bench: Ballotta, Artipoli, Vignaroli, Bianchi. Coach: Rossi (banned, replaced by Crialesi)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Like Cragnotti wanted to sell Beppe Signori to Parma, exactly the same thing! :) By the way, anything about that in Cragnotti's book? I think it was in mid-90's (1995, if my memory still works somehow).
I missed this earlier...I don't remember anything, really. Maybe there was something, I can check it out later.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have found an article in English about Cragnotti's attempt to sell Signori to Parma. Good that sometimes fans can persuade (in a way or another) directors to do the right thing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe nothing apparently to do with this topic, but today Lazio stocks went 12% up. Maybe the sheer joy of this bloody season (to use Lotito's words) ending, maybe the fact that the other team from the Capital has not won the scudetto, who knows... maybe even someone who wants to buy Lazio... Naaaa...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I have found an article in English about Cragnotti's attempt to sell Signori to Parma. Good that sometimes fans can persuade (in a way or another) directors to do the right thing.
Ah, such petulance in that statement by Cragnotti! Somehow I seem to remember him not selling his share of Lazio, though...:)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Eh, it's called coherence :) or maybe it was in the summer Cragnotti wanted to buy Ronaldo?
And now just in a whisper:
http://www.datasport.it/leggi.aspx?id=5035449

(AGM-DS) - 22/05/2008 13.22.05 - (AGM-DS) - Milano, 22 maggio - Nonostante le smentite di Claudio Lotito, si torna a parlare di un`ipotesi di passaggio di proprieta` in casa Lazio. Il presidente biancoceleste ha gia` confermato di non voler cedere il timone della societa` capitolina, ma questa mattina a Radio Spazio Aperto l`avvocato Riccardi, portavoce di una cordata di imprenditori di San Marino, ha annunciato per il pomeriggio una conferenza stampa che chiarifichera` la situazione. `Vogliamo soltanto il bene della societa`, non il suo male`, ha precisato l`avvocato del sodalizio che gia` quattro anni e mezzo fa aveva provato ad `avvicinare` la Lazio. `Noi siamo stati sempre qui, non siamo mai andati via - prosegue Riccardi - Forse Lotito con le sue parole si riferiva a qualche altra cordata...A noi non piace la litigiosita`, cercheremo di allinearci verso il dialogo. Vorrei mandare un messaggio: fuori i farisei dal tempio`.

Dopo anni di silenzio, la cordata sammarinese torna d`attualita`. `Ho sofferto in silenzio tante offese, senza andare mai a toccare il vero problema. La Lazio - sottolinea l`avvocato Riccardi - e` stata vittima degli istituti di credito, di Carraro e di Geronzi. Ma il rispetto da parte nostra c`e` sempre stato`.

Una differenza di trattamento rispetto al caso Roma-Soros, questo lamenta Riccardi: `Di quella trattativa non so nulla e non ne voglio parlare. Ma credo che quest`offerta abbia determinato in borsa una variazione sensibile del titolo. Perche` - si chiede Riccardi - alla Roma queste cose possono succedere, mentre quando iniziammo noi fummo accusati di aggiotaggio? La Consob ha il dovere di controllare che non ci siano speculazioni sul titolo, ma a noi in quel momento ci tarpo` completamente le ali. E non so perche``.

(R. Datasport, DTS)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.