Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Let's see how we deal with the euphoric mood after the last two wins. Lecce is not a pushover, despite not having a point from their away games yet. Pandev and Zarate's hot streaks can't continue forever, so maybe today someone else will be the hero? ;) It would be so nice to get a win and then enjoy the other games knowing we will be in first place whatever happens. So nice that it probably won't happen.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Line-up is the same as against Torino after Cribari's injury. This time Dabo and our star Inzaghinho are on the bench, though. Who wants to bet Simone will score the winning goal? ;)

FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Its REALLY nice to see Stendardo in other shirt then your team's one. I guess you guys know the feeling.

Lets hope for a fluid and quick football lesson dealt on Lecce, for my viewing entertainment :pp

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Interesting start to the game, we are attacking a lot but almost conceded after a kick from the Lecce keeper went over the heads of all our defenders. ;) Zarate has been too selfish thus far but Pandev with some great passes.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Nah, that chance by Lecce wasnt that good, but worrying your defenders cant get at a longball by the opposition keeper :pp

Ledesma had a nice freekick. And indeed, no shit Zarate scored so much, he shoots from EVERYWHERE :howler:

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Frigging Lecce is leading against you :pp scored by Tribocchi.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Carrizo, you idiot! This header was totally saveable...

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
That's was surely a nice goal, excellent cross too.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Where did Pandev suddenly get all that strength? He's a mad powerhouse these days.

It did seem Carrizo wasn't quite ready for that header. But I won't point fingers yet, all I saw was a debatable side view replay.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Where did Pandev suddenly get all that strength? He's a mad powerhouse these days.
I wouldn't say suddenly, he has always been a very tough one to outmuscle for such a gifted player. It's just that these days he si not diving all over the pitch as he was prone to doing in prevous seasons.

In other news, Lecce almost scored another. We are trying to be a bit too smart, too many dribbles and flick-ons, hopefully we improve in the second half as usual.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And we still have Inzaghi :stuckup:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Lecce are playing smart, IMO - they have packed their center and left the wings more exposed, we push through the flanks but we don't have a real striker to head the ball in.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
They are defending pretty smart. Like no other team has done against us this season.

Rossi must change something, just like he did against Torino last week.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pandev should be carefull with his actions now :scared:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Talking of Pandev and diving...he just did. ;)
I think need to replace Mauri or at least make him enter the box more often, he can be somewhat of an aerial threat.
Lichtsteiner has been very good in attack...if only we had someone for him to actually cross to with a decent chance of anything good happening. I think we shoudl try more one-two's close to the box and either get someone one on one with the keeper or a foul in a good position. Of course, this would require from Zarate to actually pass the ball once in a while.

·
Administrator
52,981 Posts
Lecce are playing smart, IMO - they have packed their center and left the wings more exposed, we push through the flanks but we don't have a real striker to head the ball in.
Indeed, packed centrally really well, no room for your nifty little silky players. They are forcing you to play in a way that doesnt do you much good. Because crossing to Pandev or Zarate, who arent really big or strong players with much of heading abilities wont get you anywhere.

You need bit more direct passing and less off fancy individualism (too much flairy stuff, if thats a word). Also shoot more outside the box to rattle that very packed box.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts