Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Any expecting line ups for the match? I've heard that Pogba is suspended due to yelllow cards, so he wan't play tomorrow for Juventus...

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Not sure. We've tried several formations lately. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 so it's anyone's guess. Personally I'd like to see Pioli give Klose a start and bench Milinkovic in favor of Keita or Kishna. Also, Cataldi hasn't been given a lot of playing time this season, so with Lulic out I hope that Pioli calls on him again. Last season he was a real force on the midfield together with Parolo and Biglia. But this season Pioli has favored Onazi over him or played with a two-man central midfield.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
I found some probable line ups, so it should be something like this:

Lazio
4-4-2: Marchetti; Basta, Mauricio, Gentiletti, Radu; Candreva, Biglia, Parolo, Felipe Anderson; Matri, Klose.

Juventus
3-5-2: Buffon; Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichtsteiner, Sturaro, Marchisio, Asamoah, Alex Sandro; Dybala, Mandzukic.

·
38,110 Posts
The official lineup (4-2-3-1): Marchetti; Basta, Mauricio, Gentiletti, Radu; Biglia, Parolo; Candreva, Milinkovic-Savic, Kishna; Klose

Well, I got my wish in that sense that Kishna and Klose are starting. But why on Earth is Milinkovic still in the lineup? Have Anderson play there. Or have Keita play as LW and move Kishna to the center.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Just not good enough...not in defence, not in attack, not in coaching or goalkeeping. After the own goal it was always going to be unlikely that we get anything from this match. When Marchetti didn't save that rather simple Dybala shot it was all over.

I just don't get Pioli right now. Milinkovic-Savic has shown nothing all season yet he keeps starting. Today he was a bit better than before, but he's just not suited for that role. I can't possibly fathom why Pioli thinks he is.

But it's not about one player, we just can't build up combinations anywhere near the box. Juve closed up all the space and we got nothing to respond with. Biglia and Parolo tried and played pretty well, but the attacking players were just not functioning. You could see Pioli is desperate when he again did the double substitution to change the attack.

I don't know, it all looks really bleak right now. Candreva is doing nothing, Felipe Anderson is missing most of his passes. None of our strikers is scoring. Parolo doesn't make the kind of runs he did last season. We just can't find ways to score. Pioli must think long and hard what is going wrong. Hint: you're fielding a trequartista who can't play that role and our gameplan doesn't work with a trequartista anyway...

·
Administrator
52,356 Posts
Yeah you nailed it.

Fairly dysfunctional, most of the time you face us you play like you given up before hand, but this was still a fairly disorganised and toothless effort even in that usual standard. Except for Parolo as you mentionned, and especially Biglia, he put in a proper shift in midfield. Tried hard, which half explains the sudden and bizzare tears at the end. Felt sorry for him.

·
38,110 Posts
Crap. I posted my earlier reply in the wrong thread. In a way it's fitting and it's also a bit of a tribute to Gentiletti.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Yeah you nailed it.

Fairly dysfunctional, most of the time you face us you play like you given up before hand, but this was still a fairly disorganised and toothless effort even in that usual standard. Except for Parolo as you mentionned, and especially Biglia, he put in a proper shift in midfield. Tried hard, which half explains the sudden and bizzare tears at the end. Felt sorry for him.
Biglia will be gone in the summer 100% if the season goes on like this...and I couldn't blame him. Way too good for this team. He could even be playing for Barca or Real, really...

Our passing game is the biggest stumbling block now. Of course the defence sucks and will continue to do so for the rest of the season, but the bigger problem right now is that we just can't score. That's mainly due to us rarely being able to build plays near the box. We have players who can provide good crosses, but none of the strikers is big enough aerial threat for that to work well enough. Against Empoli we did score two goals with that tactic (both wrongly disallowed), but that was never going to work against Bonucci, Chiellini and Barzagli. It looked pitiful, really.

The reason why the passing game doesn't work is lack of right kind of movement. Once we're in the final third, there's hardly ever easy passing options available. Too slow, too predicatble, too naive. Barca isn't a great passing team because all the players are master passers. No, it's because they make the kind of movements to make themselves available all the time. At the moment, Lazio is at the very other end of that spectrum.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Biglia will be gone in the summer 100% if the season goes on like this...and I couldn't blame him. Way too good for this team. He could even be playing for Barca or Real, really...

Our passing game is the biggest stumbling block now. Of course the defence sucks and will continue to do so for the rest of the season, but the bigger problem right now is that we just can't score. That's mainly due to us rarely being able to build plays near the box. We have players who can provide good crosses, but none of the strikers is big enough aerial threat for that to work well enough. Against Empoli we did score two goals with that tactic (both wrongly disallowed), but that was never going to work against Bonucci, Chiellini and Barzagli. It looked pitiful, really.

The reason why the passing game doesn't work is lack of right kind of movement. Once we're in the final third, there's hardly ever easy passing options available. Too slow, too predicatble, too naive. Barca isn't a great passing team because all the players are master passers. No, it's because they make the kind of movements to make themselves available all the time. At the moment, Lazio is at the very other end of that spectrum.
I agree with the above.

We're in a genuine crisis mode now and it's difficult to explain exactly why.

There is still talk of Pioli getting sacked but I'm not sure if that will improve things much if at all.

·
Administrator
52,356 Posts
Big fvck you to this cuntbag loser:

·
Administrator
52,356 Posts
Was acting like a complete pathetic scum all game last night.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
At least he showed some fighting spirit, unlike so many of our players. But he should have focused it on playing instead of all that silly stuff.

Besides, he was wrong to think Zaza was provoking by acting like a retard when subbed off. Had Lulic seen the replay of Zaza's facial impressions during the Juve goal, he'd have known it was no act...

All joking aside, we were beaten brutally. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing because we don't really have the squad to play in three competitions. I'm actually more worried about Biglia's injury than the Coppa exit.

·
38,110 Posts
All joking aside, we were beaten brutally. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing because we don't really have the squad to play in three competitions. I'm actually more worried about Biglia's injury than the Coppa exit.
We don't have the squad to be competitive in just one.

After last season I was hoping that we would finally make the step up to be a contender again. Instead, we have taken a step back.

·
Registered
436 Posts
An unsurprising result and also unsurprising low effort from our players :rollani:

Big fvck you to this cuntbag loser:

**** you too. That's no way for a person to talk about Rome's mayor thank you very much.

Your club is founded on acting like 'complete pathetic scum' so choose your words more wisely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts