Xtratime Community banner

Lazio - Juventus

1K views 37 replies 11 participants last post by  Kafka 
#1 ·
#2 · (Edited)
Dear Delio,
I am sure you are training the boys as good as it always happen before a game, and especially before a match against the big 3. Lot of tactics, lot of DVD’s watching, lot of “they are stronger but we can do” Obama’s style. And as always when we face one of those big 3 (and more then ever against this Juventus, who looks as solid as ever), my impression is that it’s going to be an uneven fight between a collie and a Rottweiler, or a woodpecker trying to break in chunks a piece of marble.

So, that’s why I dare give you a few humble pieces of advise, just to avoid that the usual ways of training the boys before a big game ends in the usual way. Aye, since you are in charge on the Eagles’ bench, we have never been able to beat (in serie a) any of the big northern teams. Not that many have achieved that result, but anyway some clubs have managed to do (this season Palermo and Bologna, for example), and they are not extraordinary teams as the results can lead to think.

I am writing this under the effects of antibiotics and with a 38°C fever, so that’s just why I am going to give you those pieces of advise, because in normal conditions I would never do that and moreover a good result would help more than couple of aspirin pills…

1) Scrap that bloody off side tactic away, please, please, please! Haven’t you got fed up enough of all the goals we conceded because of it? We have one of the youngest defenses in Serie A, and to play that tactic successfully you need to have players who have played together for a good deal of time, at least enough to make it work decently, if not like a Swiss clockwork. One step too backwards, and lot of times you are done. De Silvestri – Diakité – Siviglia (if available, otherwise Rozehnal) – Kolarov in a defensive wall with the the lateral backs blocked.

2) Our midfield needs (to try, at least) to stop the Juventus midfield tanks. So, field 4 midfielders who can run as much as their opponents and who can have more or less their same strength. Brocchi – Dabo – Ledesma – Lichtsteiner. No creativity here, but against Juventus that virtue is as useful as oregano in the preparation of a good sauce for pasta, it might be good, but not strictly necessary.

3) Attack: Goran and Tommaso to start and doing the dirty work up front, then, Zàrate for Brocchi.

All right, Delio, back to take some medicines now. I’m sure you will field the best possible line up.

#3 ·
LOL, how come I din't read this post sooner?

Well, we do suck against the big three and rube will now be doubly motivated to win this one after Inter stumbled. When the opponent packs the field with DMs, our offence usually looks ordinary. But rube is missing many players, we concede few goals at home this season and maybe it's time we get lucky agaisnt rube for once. I disagree about fighting fire with fire, if we play a very defensive midfield we will probably lose 1-0 or something like that, I think it's better to try to play a possession game, force their DMs to get yellow cards and be more cautious later, and try to exploit the gaps in their defence. We need Lichtsteiner in defence and Brocchi hasn't had a good game in months anyway. It probably will be very risky to play Rocchi-Zarate-Pandev but Ledesma has been working really hard lately, he and Dabo will probably be enough to battle rube's midfield - their approach is very direct anyway, so probably the biggest burden will be on the defence. Whatever number of DMs we it probably won't stop rube from getting some goal out of nothing, so I think we need to start with a strong attack. An early goal and we will be in the driver's seat.

FORZA LAZIO!

#4 ·
I guess Rossi shared at least some of my ideas because we are going to play with a trident and Meghni in midfeld. So it's probably all or nothing.

P.S. Forgot to say it above - get better Aquila!

#15 ·
How insulting, Del Piero's stuff are magic and not gifted by goalies :nono:

#10 ·
Man, what huge blunder by mahnigguh, real off in that set piece.

#13 ·
THE VIIIIIIIIIKING saves us :star: :shades:

What a horrible first 25 mins by us, 1-1 in this start is something I'll live with.

#18 ·
1-1 halftime...a nervous match and we kinda lost our game after Juve equalized. Dabo's booking is a big risk for us, perhaps it's not a bad idea to sub him at halftime. Everything still open but we must improve our game. Juve is not bound to gift us a second goal...

#19 ·
Unbelievable refereeing, this clown of a ref saw the elbowing as evident by his gestures but gave no y card to nedved the cunt who I am sure will score a goal later...
If only Pandev had scored the chance we got immediately after the goal, we would be cruisnig now but it wasn't to be. Tragic defending when rube scored, I think four players were marking Sissoko and none was marking Melberg and soem other gobbo next to him. Carrizo could have done better though, also the communication between him and the defenders is non-existent again. We really need to try something other than passes to Rocchi who is usually in offside and Zarate's crosses from the left.

#26 ·
1-1 full time, once again we fail to beat a giant. But with Juve hitting the post in the end I suppose we should be pretty happy. Couple of penalty appeals for us in the end but I didn't think either one of us was warranted...oh well.

#28 ·
I was expecting more intensity from Juventus, taking in consideration that they had a golden opportunity to reduce their gap from Inter to 1 point only. But if they did not manage to lift their pace enough, some credit to Lazio. We played a good match, I think. Ledesma above all. Our defenders are still a wee bit unsafe for my likes, and when they have the ball possession with Juventus pressing, my heart start missing a beat, or even two.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.