~ C+ Sport HD (D/F/N/S)
~ C+ Sport HD (Pol)
~ Sky Sport HD1 (Italy)
~ Sport TV HD
~ SuperSport HD1

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
I think that we can win and optimistic that we will, simply because tactically Lazio is an easy team to figure out. Their midfield trio is very fragile, and they crumble when they are pressured just a little, like they have been enough this season (Gattuso alone took care of them, Inter only needed to the regular bare minimumstuff to keep them quiet etc), or last season by us in those two games. Both times we won because of shutting down their midfield without any fuss, and scoring 8 goals in total, because their defence being poor, especially coping with counters, which we are fond of.

Lazio this season is improved, more gelled and dangerous, but mainly its the same team, just considerably more creative and dangerous with Zarate there. But the attacking trio turn to desperate individual efforts of taking on the whole defence solo when the midfield doesnt support them. And the midfield usually dont when they meet a strong midfield, and ours with Momo and Zanetti is the type of midfield they wouldnt NOT like to face.

Dont want to be too confident, its their home after all, but IMO tactically its a prime fit for us, the kind of team that goes to our strenghts. So if we play as usual, I think we will win, or draw at worst.

And oh, please please, the main thing I want is to see more of this :star: :shades:

[tub]xZ2P941eg_M&feature=channel_page[/tub]

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Hopefully Pandev and Zarate don't get their A game on .. I predict a draw there.

·
Registered
17,535 Posts
Seriously now, who makes a highlight reel to the tune of Cat Stevens?

Sigh.

Lazio at the Olimpico can be tricky, and they've still got quite a few offensive weapons. It won't be a cakewalk.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
It will be a hard game..i dont think it is acceptable to lose this one, but a win or draw should be on the cards.

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Not as confident as was before, because beside Grygera being out, and forcing Mellberg to play RB, now its confirmed that Chiellini wont make it for this game too.

This means, even he has looked decent enough for the task, that our primavera defender Ariaudo will get his first Serie A start. 3rd game in a row starting, so not as bad if it was his first senior game and fresh from the academy, but still, a young CB playing against Lazio's lethal trio. Our midfield job is way more important now, they really have to shut down Lazio's midfield vigiliantly.

This is why we need to make the rumoured Motta deal ASAP. Our team is so injury stricken, that we have to move our only healthy backup CB Mellberg to cover for the injured fullbacks too, not good. We need a friggin RB.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Baptism by fire! If he passes this test, he will grow so much as a player.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hmmm.... troublesome that there's no Chiellini there.
Just made a mental image of the likely starting lineup.... apart from the now acceptable presence of Manninger, it really is astounding how much the absence of names like Chiellini, Grygera and Giovinco changes things. Hard to have imagined a few years back.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hmmm.... troublesome that there's no Chiellini there.
Just made a mental image of the likely starting lineup.... apart from the now acceptable presence of Manninger, it really is astounding how much the absence of names like Chiellini, Grygera and Giovinco changes things. Hard to have imagined a few years back.
The absence of Giovinco hardly changes anything, he's hardly played...

·
Administrator
52,990 Posts
Buffon has the flue, and will be out, Iaquinta and Chiellini are defenitely out too. Our injured list is ridicolous as usual. But a little silver lining in Tiago being back.

Giovinco wont play because somehow being twice the player of Nedved isnt good enough for Ranieri, aslong as Pavel can walk and breath, he will start. And SJ88 the absence of Giovinco will change things, because even if nots been alot, we have seen enough of how we are totally different team when Giovinco plays, to be frustrated that we actually go back to not playing him yet again.

And Tinker man is tinkering for once. Marchisio will play as RB, so we can have our solid CB pair in Mellberg-Legro instead of a an untested Ariaudo against Lazio's lethal attack.

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
Buffon is getting injured a pretty damn lot ..

Anyway I though Gio was injured, phewwww, thank god, but I agree, when Nedved is fit Gio won't touch the ball.

Still Nedved always performs good against his former club.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It's 3-0 now, wow. I was considering to watch the game, but thought it would be rather dull probably. So I didn't. Damn it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts