Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
We beat Milan last night, so we are morally obliged to do the same to Inter.

No hear feelings I hope Carson.

:D

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
He probably is. Channel 4 is notoriously inaccurate when predicting lineups.

·
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
10,622 Posts
Damn, what a nice way to go on break. :( Well I wasn't expecting much anyways.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
There is little you can do when you are one or two goals down against such an Inter side.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I feel so lucky that I was out partying instead of watching this game. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but you can't hope for much against this Inter when you play a tired line-up which includes Mauri, two CBs who have played together just once and two fullbacks who are too offensive minded. I even read somewhere that Mauri was supposed to have played as DM. WTF? No shame losing especially to Inter after 120 minutes pf football just few days ago but Rossi seems to be making soem weird choices in just about every game, be it in the starting line-up or his sybs. Thiis is very worrying and combined with our strikers having scored zero goals in Serie A in a month makes it very likely we are in for a rapid fall in the table.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
I had the misfortune of watching the match and we certainly had chances to bring it back level in the 1st half before the autorete. I don't want to blame it all on Diakite but he was very shaky, Samuel's goal all but killed the match and D was lost on his marking a lot in this game.

We were unlucky on some calls, Zanetti got away with a clear handball but not to only blame the ref, it's ineffective form of some key players just now and the formation. As long as Rossi insists on putting Mauri in the hole, we are doomed.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
I feel so lucky that I was out partying instead of watching this game. Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight but you can't hope for much against this Inter when you play a tired line-up which includes Mauri, two CBs who have played together just once and two fullbacks who are too offensive minded. I even read somewhere that Mauri was supposed to have played as DM. WTF? No shame losing especially to Inter after 120 minutes pf football just few days ago but Rossi seems to be making soem weird choices in just about every game, be it in the starting line-up or his sybs. Thiis is very worrying and combined with our strikers having scored zero goals in Serie A in a month makes it very likely we are in for a rapid fall in the table.
What the hell happened to Mauri, 2 seasons ago he played very well behind Pandev-Rocchi partnership.

Also, this game confirmed for me that Zlatan is a total [email protected] ;)
Oh come on, its Brocchi. Zlatan probably felt obliged to piss the little bastard off :D

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
A rather annoying loss. Part of the blame should go to Rossi for fielding an inexperienced central defender who had been sidelined for well over a year. Diakite did his best, but there's only so much you can expect frome someone in a situation like that.

Indeed, Rossi does make some curious choices at times. I have often suspected him of being manic-depressive. When we get a few good results, or just one against a big team, it goes to his head. Suddenly we're scudetto contenders, there's not a team in the Serie A that we can't defeat, stuff like that.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
It appears I am the only one thinking that Diakite had an OK match. The auto-goal was really horrible and killed the match, but he yet kept his head up and played the rest of the match with dignity.

I think he and Rozenhal are doing quite ok together and Rossi should stick with the pair.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Indeed, Rossi does make some curious choices at times. I have often suspected him of being manic-depressive. When we get a few good results, or just one against a big team, it goes to his head. Suddenly we're scudetto contenders, there's not a team in the Serie A that we can't defeat, stuff like that.
I guess it's also down to a kind of lack of personality (or even grit, if you prefer this term). When the team was free to run without any pressure (see in the first days of Serie A), the performances ranged from good to excellent. As soon as the pressure started growing, the team were in some deep waters. Defeats like the one in Bologna are apparently without any explanation for those who have not seen the game, but in that game the lack of awareness of being a superior team was evident.
Also, I think Pandev is maybe the most important player of Lazio. When his form deteriorated, the team's results were affected accordingly.
Now, let's hope the Unidentified Playing(?) Subject called Francelino Matuzalem lands at Udine next Sunday and show how much he's worth. A midfield with Lichtsteiner - Ledesma - Matuzalem should be fun to see.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I have to wonder how Rossi couldn't field Diakite earlier to get him some playin time, and then does it against the best team in the league after having an ET game on Wednesday. Having said that, Diakite is not to blame at all for this defeat. He wasn't the one at fault for Samuel's goal, and like somebody said, that goal pretty much did it for this match.

Inter was just too good.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
...Having said that, Diakite is not to blame at all for this defeat. He wasn't the one at fault for Samuel's goal, and like somebody said, that goal pretty much did it for this match.Inter was just too good.
I agree totally.
I even made a separate post on my blog yesterday, defending Dikaite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts