Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wee bit early to start a match topic, but since this is going to be a very important game, here's the opener.
So, these are the latest 5 seasons' results:

2006/2007 Lazio-Inter 0-2
2005/2006 Lazio-Inter 0-0
2004/2005 Lazio-Inter 1-1
2003/2004 Lazio-Inter 2-1
2002/2003 Lazio-Inter 3-3

And before that, there was the famous (notorious, Inter fans would say) Lazio-Inter 4-2 (5th of May, 2002) when the Nerazzurri committed suicide, in a stadium supporting them, in the last day of the season.
This time around, situation is different since there will still be seven games left, but in some ways similar because an Inter defeat could cut their gap over Roma to just one point, with our archrivals having easier fixtures (on paper) than Inter's.

I have mixed feelings about this game. Lazio have nothing to ask from this match, except the prestigiuos feat of beating Serie A top two teams in a row, by now our only interest is focussed on Coppa Italia. A win over Inter would just be fine, yet this could really harms Inter' scudetto chance in favour of our archrivals. The ideal results would be Lazio beating Inter and Cagliari's win over the archrivals, but I guess this is much of a 15-1 bet. As the Italians say, you can't have a drunk wife and a full barrel!

On our line up, Radu and Behrami still injured (at the moment), and with Mutarelli and Mudingayi banned, I think Rossi could field:

Ballotta
De Silvestri - Siviglia - Cribari - Kolarov
Dabo - Ledesma - Manfredini
Pandev
Bianchi - Rocchi

From gazzetta.it:

Lazio 4-4-2 (do they really check Lazio's tactics???)

Ballotta 32
De Silvestri 29 - Siviglia 13 - Cribari 25 - Kolarov 3
Dabo 6 - Ledesma 24 - Mudingayi 26
Pandev 19
Bianchi 9 - Rocchi 18

On the bench:
Muslera 1
Rozenhal 7
Baronio 10
Manfredini 68
Mauri 11
Meghni 23
Tare 17

Coach: Rossi

Not available:
Behrami, Del Nero, Diakite, Firmani, Zauri

Banned
Mutarelli (1)

diffidati
De Silvestri, Pandev, Dabo, Siviglia, Mudingayi

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,331 Posts
An interesting prospect this match. I remember that match in 2002, I thought for sure a deal was made. But if there was, someone obviously forgot to tell Poborsky. ;) Now the word is that Inter might throw the Coppa match if we lose this one. But with the Calciopoli thing still fresh in everyone's minds, it seems far fetched. Surely this match will be under scrutiny and neither club will want any appearances of unethical conduct.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Players banned for next match:
Mutarelli (Lazio), Perrotta, De Rossi e Vucinic (Roma), Biava, Rinaudo (Palermo), Conti (Cagliari), Cruz (Inter), Gargano (Napoli), Liverani, Mutu (Fiorentina), Lucarelli (Parma), Pieri (Sampdoria), Stovini (Catania).

I thought Mudingayi was "diffidato" before the game against Fiorentina and he got a yellow card during that match. Anyway, that's good news that Gabi will be able to play against Inter.
Cagliari's Conti has been banned, but that will not matter that much, since I think he would have been crap against his daddy's team.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
But with the Calciopoli thing still fresh in everyone's minds, it seems far fetched. Surely this match will be under scrutiny and neither club will want any appearances of unethical conduct.
But Don Moratti is the man behind calciopoli and he is untouchable - haven't you read the Juventus forum recently? :D I can't really put it past us to let Inter win but I can't say I will like it too much as I am not too bothered whether roma or Inter wins the scudetto and there are 7 more games after this one, too. Most of our players shouldn't have much of an emotional connection with the club or hatred for roma so there may be quite a few Poborskys on the pitch. Teaching Mancini a lesson would be sweet but whatever the outcome, there will be something to cheer and something to dislike, unless we give up the game in a too obvious fashion...

Anyway, if Radu and Behrami return and Inter don't suddenly find their best form we have a real chance of taking something out of this game. Their defence is a total mess right now and at the Olimpico Pandev and Rocchi have been deadly in recent weeks.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
I don't understand all this talk about throwing the game...goddamit, there are eight games left in the season, plus Inter will remain at the top no matter what happens this round. It's nothing like 2002.

So let's go all out for the win...I'm sure that's the mentality of the team, as well. I would hate to see rioma win the Scudetto but it's just way too early to speculate on something like that.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever Rossi may say, this is a tricky game for Lazio fans. Whoever has been in Rome for more than two weeks (and even shorter) knows how big the rivalry between Lazio and Roma can be, and if we just help them winning the scudetto, that will not be forgot in a couple of days. And I am talking about fans here, not players. For all the admiration we may have for players, in a five years' time, perhaps only one or two of the current Lazio players will still be here. Players may go out to the pitch without any consideration about what would happen if a win over Inter helps Roma, but fandom do. I would not kill myself if Inter win, in all honesty it would hurt but sometimes you have to sacrifice yourself for the sake of the world!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
But like I said, there's seven games left and Inter will be at the top after next round no matter what...the Scudetto is theirs to lose, and we already did our bit by winning the derby. rioma winning the scudetto would be a disaster, but there must be limits to how far we can go with that fear...soon there will be talk about throwing games before Christmas.

And it's not like we're favourites to win the game, anyway...

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
True, but still with seven game left, having an advantage of one point is a thing, 4 points is completely another one, especially as said, Inter fixtures are harder than the other team. And we all know what Inter are capable of... in the good and in the bad, of course! :) Still, Inter fans can only hope that Roma will go on in the Champions Cup, that could take some concentration and energy out of their scudetto rival.

And Kaf, we all know Christmas is not a time for presents :)

FORZA LAZIO

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Don't even mention rioma winning the Champions League. :)

Fourth Scudetto would be one thing, but them bringing the CL trophy to Rome...better not think about it.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts

Fourth Scudetto would be one thing, but them bringing the CL trophy to Rome...better not think about it.
There's a recent shortage of Rolex watches in Rome, the Sensi's are preparing for the next round of CL ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
inter is not as strong as before
the only thing I'm afraid is Hernan Crespo---7 goals he against lazio

and no one of us would like to see roma get Scudetto

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

Never be it. The Red Devils should do the trick. If not, there's the usual emergency exit: The Pool :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
And in the warm-up to the game, Lazio beat Montenero 6-0. These were the line-ups:

First half: Ballotta, Zauri, Siviglia, Cribari, Radu, Dabo, Baronio, Manfredini, Meghni, Rocchi (40' Tare), Bianchi.

Second half: Muslera, De Silvestri, Radu (15' Chirico), Cribari (15’ Pisa di Monterosa), Sperati, Firmani (30’ Troisi), Baronio (15’ Valentini), Vignaroli, Mutarelli, Mauri, Tare.

Scorers: Bianchi 4', 25';Vignaroli 60', 85', 90'; Mauri 81'.

Good to see Zauri and Firmani back on the pitch,
although they will probably not be playing against Inter. Also Radu seems recovering quickly and could play next Saturday.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Delio Rossi talked about the game against Inter:

"We face the top team, a few days after playing against the second. We will try to get a good result by focussing on the match only, without paying attention to the rest, we are aware that Inter have such a top class team. Inter are lucky that they can decide by theirselves their own destiny, since they have so many excellent players, in Italy they are the team with most quality and above all they are the best in the world physically-wise.

I am also amazed that so many people are paying attention to Lazio only now. Beforehands we weren't taken in any consideration and the wish was that we went to Serie B. That's a paradox that now things have turned upside down: Roma fans want Lazio to win, Lazio fans to lose! Lazio have still many Championship targets to hit. We are not safe yet, and as Inter got their advantage from 9 to 4 points in a few days, similarly Lazio can still go up with a row of good results. At the end of the day, Lazio have to play Inter like in the derby".

FORZA LAZIO

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Behrami, Radu and Zauri are caled for the game, this should give us a lot more options. I say we play Radu as CB and Kolarov as LB, Inter's Maicon hasn't managed to rediscover his last season form yet, plus Inter give a lot of unnecessary fouls from which Kolarov migh take advantage. Behrami, Dabo, Ledesma should be the obvious choice in midfield with Pandev, Bianchi, Rocchi upfront.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Is this the night game or afternoon game?

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
The latest from La Gazzetta has Radu and Behrami in the first XI, the GdS probabili formazioni are usually puzzling but this would be a solid lineup:

(4-3-1-2)
Ballotta
De Silvestri-Siviglia-Cribari-Radu
Dabo-Ledesma-Behrami
Pandev
Bianchi-Rocchi

Is this the night game or afternoon game?
Night game, kickoff at 2030 CET. For us the live match on FSC starts at 3:30PM EST.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
It will be very interesting match. Lazio has chances, not much, but nevertheless. Good relationship between Lazio and Inter fans can affect at the course of the match.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts