Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After last week's return of Capelo to Rome to face his former team, now it's Mancini's turn to do the same. We haven't lost from Inter in Serie A in a really long time, the stadium will be full, I guess so we have our chances to win the game. I hope Mancini and Stankobitch get booed just as they deserve. If we show the determination that we showed against Roma we can do it.

FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Stankovich, not Stankobitch....?

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The mistake is right, for me he will forever be Stankobitch after the way he left Lazio.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
He actually helped you out, but I don't want to start an argument that has been argued before, forget it.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
they all leave. Even the best ones & most loyal ones. and everyone has his reasons.

I chose to remember what they gave to the team.

Inter are tough nutt to crack. Mancio is doing with them the same thing he did with us in the first season. Quick release balls, move the ball forward & score (hopefully not:D)

We can obviously take them :proud: and with a little bit of determination they'll leave Olimpico with their tail between their legs

Forza Lazio!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I'm afraid you are right. Inter Milan are in for a shock loss this Saturday night...:(

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I'm afraid you are right. Inter Milan are in for a shock loss this Saturday night...:(
Don't think of it as a shock loss, Inter hasn't beaten Lazio in the league for nearly 10 years -- it would only continue the streak! ;)

AVANTI BIANCOCELESTI!!

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yes I'm sorry, Lazio will utterly demolish Inter this Saturday..:(

Alas, our 2nd loss of the year....and 3rd coming up to Porto on Tuesday...:(

I can't believe what a year it has been , as usual :(

The most we can hope for in the Stadio Sat. night...is a draw :(

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Inter Milan, yeah, of course. And Sampdoria too.

Mancio's just sad trying to soften the blow with the recent interviews...remember Mister, you were under a contract and we would have needed you.

For the ex-Laziali players, let's see you're reactions at Olimpico. Show respect and you will get some in return.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I don't think it'll matter if they bow to the crowd or not. They are gonna get hammered by the crowed.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Filipinis! Emanuale crossed for Antonio who scored! 1:0 for us at halftime. Quite a boring game but I am not going to complain when we are leading. :)
And the "welcome" Mancini got from the crowd was great - everybody was waving posters of 500 Euro notes with Mancini's portrait on them, plus there was a banner saying "Banca Mancini" (not Banda Mancini as it was when he was our coach). Serves him right.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Congratulations. Well-deserved. We didn't deserve a win.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Great match by Lazio till Giannichedda's sending off , the Fillippini Bros and Oddo had a great game :shades:

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can't disagree with that. :) We didn't play well but neither did Inter and if it wasn't for Giannichedda's sending off we probably would have won the game. Liverani didn't have the best of days and since our entire creativity was pretty much concentrated in him, we had very few chances. Couto was great in defence, Antonio Fillipini and Oddo also played very well tonight. Papadopulo made a mistake but taking off Bazzani instead of Rocchi. We kept playing with long balls towards the lonely attacker who being a head shorter than Materazzi had absolutely no chance of getting to the ball. Anyway, a draw is a good result for us considering the circumstances and the performance and the tradition no to lose against Inter lives on against all odds.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I have to disagree iwth your asssesment of Oddo. I thought he gave away too many balls. Now, I watched the match and I assumed Oddo was playing RB, cuz I saw him in that position. BUt then I saw him farther down the field as well. So the only mistake I could have made is that I mistaken Oddo for someone else, as Oddo played RW instead of RB? Cuz I am pretty sure whoever the RB was was kind of slow, made good tackles, but he couldn't clear the ball and often passed it bringin it out to a INter attacker.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oddo played as a RB but from time to time went forward to make some crosses and he gave away too many balls because he often had no one to pass the ball to because Inter pressed us hard and our tactics was based on long balls to Bazzani anyway.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
True...I think Matrix was way too tall for Bazzani. Do you know what is funny? My announcer kept saying Bazzini like Pazzini and I was like waita minute that Italian prodigyu is on Lazio? LOL

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
Oddo played as a RB but from time to time went forward to make some crosses and he gave away too many balls because he often had no one to pass the ball to because Inter pressed us hard and our tactics was based on long balls to Bazzani anyway.
IMO till the game was played on equal terms, nobody went past Oddo, even after, most threats came from the left side of Lazio's defence.

Lazio, most possibly were denied a very possible goal in the 5th minute 2nd half, when Rocchi was flying towards goal unmarked and the linesmen unjustly stopped him for a offside. It would of been 2-0 ;)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Diavolo said:
Lazio, most possibly were denied a very possible goal in the 5th minute 2nd half, when Rocchi was flying towards goal unmarked and the linesmen unjustly stopped him for a offside. It would of been 2-0 ;)
I missed that. I thought it was an offsides. Does anyone know where I can get some pics to further break down the play?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
People say Oddo can't defend. Today he proved once again he can. He did it very well. Like Pulsar said, the problem was when he had the ball, and gave them to the opponent very easily. I like Oddo, but sometimes he just seems lazy and does things without much effort or thinking.

I liked Antonio Filippini a lot, IMO he was our best player tonight, not only for the goal, but for his spirit. He's having a very good season, something his brother isn't. I know Cesar came from injury, but the guy is a MUST, he should always start, I hope we see it in the next game.

About Bazzani leaving and Rocchi staying, I don't know, that's what I'd do too. Yes, Bazzani was having a better game and Anomander Rake had a point about the long balls, but Bazzani looked tired and we needed Rocchi's speed on counters. If they sent long balls to Bazzani, for who would him pass? Liverani and our wingers were playing very deep to be able to receive a pass.

Anyway, not a bad result. We were robbed, since Materazzi needed to be sent off in the first half and Adriano after him. This would make us have two extra men in the field and already winning 1-0, it's silly not to think we wouldn't be able to keep the score.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts