Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new user here and I just registered to say this: LAZIO HAS LOST IDENTITY AS A TEAM ! I am sad to see how Cragnotti(I don't know if I spelled it right) has changed the team so much.It seems like LAzio for 2000 is a diferent team from 2 years ago.Diferent players,diferent uniform... Conceicao is gone ,Salas,Vieri,Gottardi,MARCHEGIANI ,they were in the starting 11 2 years ago and now they're gone
I have to say I am kind of sad but I also know we have a great team that can win the championship!! :)
2 more things:
If Veron leaves lazio I would be very disapionted!!We have to keep him for al least 3 more season
And last is that I prefer couto much better then Miha!!!

FORZA LAZIO!!!!!!!!

·
International
6,519 Posts
There is no club on the world that hasn't changed the jerseys from 2 years ago, and there sertainly is NO TEAM who stayed exactly the same as 3 seasons ago. Times change, so does teams.

And about Couto and Miha stuff you can write your opinion in that topic , named Couto vs. Miha as well :p

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a thought... You are complaing that our team is not the same as two years ago when we had vieri etc. But how can you say that we lost our identety NOW, cos some of these players you mentioned have only played in lazio for about 1-2 years! If we had lost our identety witch I don´t think, it was when we bought salas and vieri and sold old heros like signori and casiraghi NOT NOW! ..cos now we have bought the playes that is going to be the identety for the future of Lazio!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First on the jerseys,yeah It's true most teams change,but want I'm saying is that on an international level most people see a red shirt with the word "sharp" on it and
immediatly know what team it is.The same goes for others
like Juventus,Barcelona,Real Madrid....
And on the players yeah your right
It seems like every two years we will have 2 new starting strickers!!

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
Excuse me Mr. Conceicao... with all do respect..
all of those players you've mentioned (exclude Marchegiani, he hasn't left YET) are not a part of Lazio's Identity! How can you Call Vieri an IDENTITY player?! He came for a season and went after a season! Identity Players are players Like Nesta, Miha, Pancaro, Favalli, Couto, Mancini (FORZA!) etcetera.
These are players who are Lazio's essence! And we are not letting them go!

and yeah, GOTTARDI WASN'T A STARTING PLAYER! is that the one who's now playing for ATLETICO MADRID B?! HAHA

P.S. Jersey: Aren't our symbol is White - Blue?
AREN'T OUR UNIFORMS WHITE - BLUE?!

sorry man. Lazio has an Identity, and not only Italian Players count as SOUL players. And just because Lazio has 7 Argentinians on their squad doesn't mean that they don't know the meaning of the word Lazio (by greatness i mean).
Is Veron any different from Inzaghinho (as a human being)?! only by nationality.

[Edited by Laziali All The Way! on 21-07-2000 at 02:20]

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
yeah...i agree with Laziali All The Way(why ur name so damn long)after Signori era,Lazio is so identic with the young libero and captain Nesta,also wellknown because of Miha,Mancini,and also Nedved (a very offensive and hard working left winger).about Vieri he was just a flashing star,but still i love him. so we still don't loose our identity.and to tell the truth,in my opinion our jersey is going more and more beautiful every season.(that's my thought)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Hmmm... I don't quite like that some of you guys think that Mancini is a Lazio symbol. The man is Samp forever! Don't you ever forget that! He gave Sampdoria the 15 (FIFTEEN!) best years of his career. That's right, from 1982 to 1997. Lazio only had 1 season with a truely great Mancini. Then he got too old...

Check his career up at http://www.soccer-europe.com/Profiles/Mancini.html before you speak again...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lazio's identity to me is

Last Season
1. Serie A Champions
2. Nedved Attacking Midfielder with a style
3. Veron(good player), passport cheat(in the news)
4. Nesta - solid rock - no errors committed
5. Racism in spectator's gallery
6. Entertaining soccer(attacking formula)
7. Defeated chelsea in CL in their own home
8. Lost to Valencia cheaply

At Present
1. record breaking transfers

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Verdi ---

Yes Mancini gave 15 years to Samp but he is NOT a Samp plyer 4ever. Why the heck did he leave the team just like that then?? He left the team on the downhill - did the right thing, followed Svennis to the greatest team ever to be constructed in Italy and now he's bound to assist Svennis with coaching LAZIO!

What if he's better in coaching than playing...how do u know 4 sure that he gave Samp his "best" years??

SUKK-ON-THAT LOLLIPOPP

L4L

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
He didn't leave "just like that". He had plenty of offers before he signed for Lazio. He wanted another Scudetto and that he got. I'm happy for him for that. I think he had earned that chance, just like Batistuta have (If Parma can't win I hope that Bati can win with Roma). But if you are saying that Mancini loves Lazio more than Samp, you're dead wrong. If you can't see that I don't know what to say... Not even if you would ask him he would say that he loves Lazio more. Everybody knows how it is and everybody respects him for that.

As a comparison Signori played 5 years for Lazio and people still see him as being "Lazio". Mancini have 10 years MORE than that at Sampdoria. Can you all get that through your heads? What he will do as coach doesn't belong here. Coaches never stay more than a few years at a club anyway so...

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Its about turn over now adays.

But it does make you realize the difference between supporting the players and the colours. At lazio like at INTER fans come and go with the season. Look at INTER....last season INTER had a whole truck load of Greek fans now we have Turkish fans.....its all about turnover nowadays.

·
Ronny
1,698 Posts
endranesta - hehe :)
you can call me SHY. It's my name.

Verdi. Even Though Mancini played 15 years for Samp, he' still one of Lazio's Symbols. That's what a player like him can do. He became kind of a leader to us, and i really doesn't matter what's the duration or his stay.
Oh, and Players don't just become coaches or assistances just because they played a year before there. These are players who a recognized by the management and has confidence in. Lazio could bring a better assistant than Mancini (it's a risky thing taking him), but only symbols are taken to coach in their former team.

Dominic, i think you're a fool. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts