Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next match is already on Wednesday against Fiorentina and the question is if we can redeem ourselves after the beating we took against Milan.

I think the Milan match was a one off against an opponent we just cannot play and I'm sure a lot of our players will pick up their game again. That said, a match against Fiorentina is definitely not an easy task.

I wouldn't change much in the starting lineup but Mauri must be out. He just isn't good enough now.

Fiorentina have a good squad for this season and they are coming to get atleast a point. I'm worried that Gilardino and Mutu will cause a lot of problems against our defense.

FORZA LAZIO !!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Yeah, please leave Mauri on the bench. Foggia played quite well when he came on against Milan, so I'd rather see him in the starting 11. Or Menghi, considering that the trequartista position isn't really Foggia's favorite place.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Mauri must be out but it's probably not a bad idea to change a couple of other players in the line-up as well...I'm thinking mostly De Silvestri for Lichtsteiner and Radu for Kolarov. And Brocchi out.

Pandev had problems in yesterday's training, I hope he can make it Wednesday. That's the one position where we don't have options right now.

·
38,110 Posts
If Pandev isn't fit, we could perhaps try a 4-3-2-1 formation. Something like this.

Zarate
Foggia-Meghni
Matuzalem-Ledesma-Brocchi
Radu-Siviglia-Rozehnal-De Silvestri
Carrizo

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the word on Dabo? Can he make it to atleast the bench? He would be a good man to stabilize the midfield if it gets in trouble like against Milan.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
With the defeat against Milan, this turns to be an important match as we play against one of the main rivals for a place in Europe.

Like many of you said already, Mauri must be left out, and perhaps Matuzalem too if he is not entirely fit.

Radu and De Silvestri must step in as we need some fresh blood from the flanks.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We are sooo screwed without Pandev. And it's time to play Radu, CB or LB, he is wasted on the bench. If I were a coach I'd actualy play De Silvestri as LB and Radu CB but there is no way in hell Rossi would do that. We have to move on from the Milan game and hopefully the crowd will encourage the boys to perform well. In the last years these games have been rather equal and usually the luckier team stole the victory without really dominating the game. We didn't have luck against Milan, maybe now it's the time to get lucky, score a goal with triple deflection or something.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
It would make more sense to play Lichtsteiner as the LB since he has experience in that position, and De Silvestri could be in his natural position as the RB. Or Radu could be the LB. Cribari is also waiting for a chance, and might feature in Rozehnal's place. But perhaps changing three players in the defence is too much...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Any links to a live feed? I know candy-man had one for the Milan game that he got from foxsportsworld. So, if anything available please post.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts

·
38,110 Posts
Three of those links (Tek1, Lazio Live and Memorge1) will be directly via Mediaplayer, so you should be able to watch it without P2P software.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Come on boys, you can do it!

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Carrizo
Lichtsteiner-Siviglia-Cribari-Radu
Brocchi-Ledesma-Mauri
Foggia-Zarate-Pandev

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Why is Mauri playing?!? :(

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Three of those links (Tek1, Lazio Live and Memorge1) will be directly via Mediaplayer, so you should be able to watch it without P2P software.
You are right. I saw that after but did not want to post over and over about it.
Should be a fun game. A win will start us 3-1 and keep us near the top. Plus 2 home wins out of 2 games is nice. Home wins away draws and we should be fine.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Damn, we really should be leading this. Overall, the team performed very well. Zarate missed a golden opportunity and he and Pandev looked constantly dangerous. Pandev would have had a one-on-one with Frey if not for a wrong offside flag. Foggia is making a lot of bad decisions, though, maybe he's nervous about his big chance. The defense is holding well, with Siviglia and Lichtsteiner (Lichtensteiner in my commentary :rolleyes:) playing especially well. Carrizo indeed is a dribbler, just like we expected. So far so good, though. In midfield Mauri is once again somewhat disappointing while Brocchi has been surprisingly good.

If we continue like this there's a good chance of winning this. But can we hold this active gameplan for 90 minutes?

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
56 Posts
Viola are winning the midfield in power, but we have been sharper and more creative.

I have liked Brocchi's contribution so far. A lot of nice box-to-box effort in general.

Also, somebody has taught our new boys how to dive... who knows.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts