Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After getting three points away last Wednesday, the Eagles will try to achieve their first home win since another Wednesday, the one when Lazio beat Fiorentina (more than a month ago...).
Radu has got flu, Ledesma and Siviglia some light injury, but all of them should be available, Matuzalem is becoming Del Nero's best friends, but at least Mauri, Foggia and maybe Meghni and Cribari will be back.
Waiting for Carson to come with the match preview, I let our beloved president do the talk about Sunday's game, who better than Lotito...
( http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct31r.html )

“Catania has a combative squad, cohesive and determined, but we want to carry home a positive result.”

“We need never underestimate an opponent. Staying humble and cohesive, we want to obtain three points.

“It is true that there have been many injuries at Lazio, but the sheer number of personnel at our disposal has allowed us to provide for our absentees in the best way. We can play on the same level as every team.”

Lotito also shared his views on the title race, although he refused to talk about Lazio challenging for the Scudetto out of superstition.

“There are several different teams in the running, and Napoli and Udinese are among these. I do not want to speak about Lazio because I do not like to make predictions on a job that is still unfolding.”

Seeing the sentence in italic bold, I realize that he could only be president of one team :) "Cohesive", his favourite word...

As for the line up, perhaps Rossi could go for:

Carrizo

Lichtsteiner - Siviglia - Rozehnal - Radu

Brocchi - Ledesma - Mauri

Pandev - Rocchi - Zàrate​

with Cribari, Kolarov and Dabo ready to replace the players still in doubt.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
4 home matches, total 8 goals scored.

5 away matches, total 21 goals scored.

I expect this trend to continue...

I like your line-up, Aq. Foggia can be the supersub.

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
395 Posts
PdL has exactly that line-up from today's training at Formello. The only tactical change they have is that Pandev will play slightley behind Tommaso and Maurito.

I thought Dabo was one of our better players at Verona on Wednesday, but it is right to play a more attack minded player next to Ledesma and Brocchi. Also he will probably be tired.

Forza Lazio

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I thought Dabo was one of our better players at Verona on Wednesday, but it is right to play a more attack minded player next to Ledesma and Brocchi.
I respectfully disagree, if we are to play with an attacking trident we'd better have players who can defend decently in midfield and Mauri is much worse than Dabo at that. And not much good in offence either, these days. If Dabo is too tired, then yes, he'd better not start but if not, I think he should start.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You have a point. I was thinking we have played with an attacking trident before, given Foggia is not a real striker, but we had Mauri in that midfield 3 and did pretty well. Sure we could replace him with someone better as he has been rather crappy, but my point was I'de rather not have 3 defensive midfielders against Catania. Ok, their doing pretty well, but they haven't won an away game in yonks. We're at home and I feel we should take a few more risks against teams like Catania.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, if Dabo was Giannichedda or Firmani (i.e. someone who most often can't pass the ball properly to save his life) and Mauri was the Mauri of spring 2007 I'd agree but judging from spring 2008 performances Dabo is likely to offer more than Mauri in both attack and especially defence.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lazio line up is the one posted in the opener, 1 minute after the kick off and Pandev already had a good chance.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No more chances so far, the pace of the game is pretty slow, probably Lazio ball possession is about 65/70% but Catania defend massively and counterattack rarely so far.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
In a game like this I'd wish we have a forward that could win some aerial battles...

Absolutely dreadful football.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A first half fit for the ones suffering from insomnia, really...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
There were finally a couple of nice moves in the end, but otherwise our game is static and lacks ideas. Looks like it's up to Zarate to work out a piece of magic to decide this. The defense didn't have a lot to do but they did their little work just fine.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Foggia was warming up, so maybe he could come on in the second half. Rocchi is not shining, but it's hard to do something with all those markers around, and when he managed to get at least one free metre around him, he made a mistake.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pace has arisen a wee bit, Pandev headed wide a cross from Zàrate from the right.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Foggia in, Brocchi out. And Pandev got a yellow card, that means he will miss the Siena game, but will be able to play the following one ;)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very good chance for Pandev (again Zàrate assisted him from the right), but his close range shot was saved by Bizzarri.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts