XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i m back... :) good luck... :D

==================

Serie A Week 26 - 28/2/09 (17.00 UK)
Lazio - Bologna
Stadio Olimpico

Just days after facing Inter, Sinisa Mihajlovic takes on another of his former clubs, but this time it’ll be a scrap for points between teams in crisis.

Mihajlovic wore the Lazio jersey from 1998 to 2004 and has been named as a potential successor to Delio Rossi when the current tactician’s contract expires at the end of the season. Whether Rossi lasts even that long remains to be seen, although this week President Claudio Lotito again reiterated that he would stick with the Coach until June. He bought himself some time when a 2-0 result at Lecce ended a run of two points from six games, but the UEFA Cup race is still up in the air.

Similarly, Bologna are in dire need of a victory after one point from four games, although admittedly these were tough tests against Fiorentina, Udinese, Napoli and Inter. It could be argued the Rossoblu were unfortunate to come away empty-handed against the leaders last week, as Julio Cesar was forced into some fine saves to protect the 2-1 scoreline.

There has been a marked upturn in performance once Massimo Marazzina comes off the bench, so perhaps Mihajlovic will have the courage to adopt that system from the start in partnership with current Capocannoniere Marco Di Vaio. The decision may be out of his hands, though, as Marazzina pulled up with a thigh problem during Tuesday’s training session.

Daniel Pablo Osvaldo, Gabriele Paonessa and former Lazio winger Cesar Aparecido are still injured, while Vangelis Moras sits out a ban. This brings Claudio Terzi back into central defence, although Davide Bombardini is still an option to start upfront if the Coach opts for a 4-4-1-1.

Lazio are missing Stefano Mauri, Mourad Meghni and Simone Del Nero, but Cristian Brocchi and Francelino Matuzalem have recovered from their injury niggles. Last Sunday’s 2-0 win away to Lecce was a much-needed morale-booster and saw Aleksandr Kolarov score a fantastic goal from distance, so he should retain his left-back slot. Once again Tommaso Rocchi is destined for the bench, as the trident of Pasquale Foggia, Mauro Zarate and Goran Pandev seems to be finding its rhythm at last.

Keep an eye on: Marco Di Vaio (Bologna) – The Serie A top scorer has netted 16 so far this season and will relish this return to the Olimpico, where he started his career as a Lazio youth product. The club never really believed in him, so this is his chance to prove them wrong.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Lazio (L L L D W) Bologna (W L L D L)
Lazio (probable): Muslera; Lichtsteiner, Siviglia, Cribari, Kolarov; Brocchi, Ledesma, Matuzalem; Foggia; Zarate, Pandev

Bologna (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Terzi, Britos, Lanna; Valiani, Mudingayi, Mingazzini, Amoroso; Bombardini; Di Vaio

Ref: To follow...

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes! Things are proceeding as planned! :happy:
do u need me for the rest of the season? :flirt::smileani:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Why does it seem like half of our home games start at 18.00 CET?

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Zarate finally broke his duck with a magnificent free kick goal!

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
An interesting first half.

Foggia is really on fire, but should be more reasonable before making his final shot.

Pandev is lost. He should be substituted.

Great goal by Zarate.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Nice one-two between Rochi and Zarate and the latter scores again.

I think we are getting our second win.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Game over!

An important win for us.

Zarate runs straight to the tunnel. No greeting with anyone. WHY ??

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
congrats... :happy:

i will be back next week... :D

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I told you Carson brings luck! ;)
I didn't really watch the game carefully but it's great to get a relatively routine win and not concede a goal again. Not much to play for this season, alas. Matuzalem and Lichtsteiner got injured which is worrying.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I told you Carson brings luck! ;)
i remember i brought napoli some bad luck few months ago...nearly every time i started a thread there, they lost... :(:eek:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Oh well, if you start doing that here, we will be sure to tell you...and run you off with pitchforks. :)

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
He did well what he had to do and seems to be brimming with confidence these days.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh well, if you start doing that here, we will be sure to tell you...and run you off with pitchforks. :)
don't worry...carson means good luck... :smileani:lazio will always have luck except when they play against...*cough**cough**cough*...

:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts