Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's little to be said ahead of this game, other than that three points is a must.

With Zarate suspended Reja seems to have switched back to his 3-5-2 formation, which worked so well against Parma. Let's hope it does the trick today as well.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
CAnt watch the game. They are showing Juve - Siena and there is only one stream which sucks.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
I don't even want to watch it, to be honest. I see freaking Firmani is playing once again. Do we really need Brocchi, Firmani and Ledesma all playing at the same time in a game where a draw would be almost as bad as a loss?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Depressing stuff. I have a real bad stream (if anyone is interested: http://www.atdhe.net/14992/watch-lazio-vs-bari ) and from what I could make out, the only decent effort we had was near the end of the half with a Hitz shot that was saved. I'm guessing he came on for Matuzalem who must have got injured. No surprise there, then.

We really need to win this, especially so as Udinese are winning and Livorno seem to be giving merda a tough game.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Bari just scored and this was apparently their first shot towards our goal. Anyone else completely not surprised by this development?

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Just when the team started attacking a bit more, we are punished by our own players.

Poor save from Muslera and poor marking by Firmani.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Cruz for Siviglia. Take out Firmani, you idiot, Siviglia can actually score goals and sometimes defends well.

Edit: Who cares, it's 0-2. Serie B, here we come.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I am stating on the keyboard, not knowing what to write.

This is beyond anything I have ever imaged could happen to us.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We are officially a circus.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
hahahahahaaha

you know why I am laughing

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Udinese, Siena, Livorno score 3 times against much tougher opponents (Palermo, roma and Juve) and we fail to score at home against team like Bari.

We are indeed a circus.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
We are very lucky that this isn't 10 years ago with 4 out of 18 relegated...now even with all these incredibly crap results we are actually still +2 to the relegation line. With Udinese five points above us, it looks like there will be a four team race for the one salvation spot. Extremely difficult...the penultimate game is Livorno away. That could become war, as we no doubt can "arrange" a victory against Udinese in the final match.

Yes, I'm already thinking that far, because I cannot see us avoiding relegation before that...:(

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
What a disaster. This has relegation written all over it. Individually our players are ok, but they just don't function together as a team and they run around like apathetic headless chickens. Well, no surprise when the coach changes formation every ****ing time and switch players around too.

We play at home against Bari in a must win match and we start with Ledesma, Brocchi and Firmani of which only one of them actually resemble a footballer. Talk about a gutless lineup. I don't see us getting out of this. No way.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unbelievable. What's happened to this team? With the players we have there is no reason for us to suck as bad as we do. And we can't blame it on the coach, as we just got a new one. But worst of all is the realization that if we can't even beat Bari at home, who can we beat?

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Of course we can blame it on the coach, it's perfectly possible for two coaches to suck. And I feel that is exactly the case. Take the scenario: you have a talented but totally confused team with strong players for every position and various formations. In your very first game you get a win with a strong performance. So do you:

a) build on that and stick to the formation and tactic, never mind if there's a bad performance here and there

b) immediately start looking for a better formation, and stick to the rotation of tactics even when it's perfectly obvious that the players have huge problems with this.

Reja so far prefers b) and for that I think he's just as clueless as Ballardini as a coach.

Just saw the highlights, a huge blunder from Muslera for the winning goal. He's not the biggest problem, but I'm not at all happy with his overall performance this season...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts