Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently watched a program about football hooligans. On the program they showed fans from Lazio. I was shocked to see how hardcore and racist SOME of the fans were, and when they were singing nasty and racist songs, the whole of the LAzio fans would also start singing them. Also black players are boo'd and racially abused everytime they play at Lazio. Also I can only remember 2 black players at the club, Winter and Liverani.

I am not accusing any Lazio fan of bieng racist, please do not be offended, but please let me know about this elemant of hatred towards black players and society?

Also I undersatnd that SOME Lazio fans are very right wing, and do not want any black people in Italy.

Also, why is Di'Canio so loved at Lazio?????? I think he is great and wish United had bought him last year.

PS: We used to have a big problem in England with Racists, but now it is much better and any fans who sing racist songs are banned for life from football. Also we have many black players in every English team and the fans support and love them.

Di'Raggio

I have Italian (Napoli) parents but I was Born and Bred in Manchester.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Di'Raggio, Many of know what programme you are talking about but please bear in mind that it only tell about a minority of Lazio fans, they don't tell about the vast majority of Lazio fans that does not support the actions of Irriducibili (Lazio's hard core fans.) Pleasre remember too that one TV programme does not hold the ultimate truth because it only reflects what the jourmnalists behind it had in mind. Lazio do have problems with right wing fans but that is not much different from a lot of other Italian clubs with the same problem. I would like that there weren't these problems, but so far it hasn't been solved.

Paolo Di Canio is loved by the fans because he reflects the Lazio fans. When he was young he stood in the Curva Nord with the Irriducibili screaming his lungs out for Lazio. And when he later became a player for Lazio he always gave his 100%, never giving up even when we were loosing. He became a legend when he celebrated a goal in a Derby against roma, ran to Curva Sud (home of the roma ultras) and held up his middle fingers.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
laziali

laziali

Thank you for the insight. I would never suggest that all LAzio fans are the same, but this hardcore element was truely shocking. Would they boo Vieira, or Henry or any other black player the ame way if Lazio were to buy them??

Plus I want to say I too love Di'Canio. He is a great player and I am pleased he is playing in England. He nearly joined United which would have been great. The West Ham fans love him and he is like a God to them.

Di'Raggio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts