Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lazio 2007/2008 best and worst

Lazio best player of the season:
Zlatan Ibr... Ehm, Goran Pandev. The Wonder from Strumica has shown to be our biggest talent and scored 14 goals playing lots of games in the hole. Let's hope he stays put.

Lazio worst player of the season:
Hard choice here. But considering how games he played and how he played, I go for Cribari. Sorry to wirte that, but I think he played pretty badly. Mauri too, but...

Lazio best match of the season:
lazio-Real or Lazio-Roma? I go for the derby.

Lazio worst game of the season:
I am really spoilt for choice here. At Cagliari, Juventus, Empoli... Maybe at Juventus.

Lazio best goal of the season:
Beauty: perhaps Pandev's against Cagliari or Ledesma against Udinese.
Importance: Behrami in the derby win.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
It's remarkable that Firmani managed to score 3 goals, considering how few matches he's actually played.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Not to mention that two of Firmani's goals were winners, and the third one crucial 2-1 at Palermo with ten men. Amazing.

Best player: Pandev, no doubt. Runner-ups Ledesma, who got some undue criticism, Rocchi who after all scored 14 goals, and Behrami who had his best season for us. Honorable mention to Dabo, who might well have been our best performer after arriving.

Worst player: Mauri, again no doubt. Couple of ok performances in the last meaningless games doesn't change that. Not only did he play horribly, but he disrupted the team spirit. Cribari didn't have a good season, either, although I must say I thought Stendardo was worse. Mudingayi disappointed, as well.

Best match of the season: the second derby, no doubt (am I repeating myself). Runner-ups the home match against Real, away match at Bucarest, away at Palermo.

Worst match: home against Olympiakos. Ok, we were terrible at Juve but that game didn't mean anything. Against the Greek Rossi really dropped the ball and somehow we managed to be dominated by a notoriously bad away team. Simply horrendous performance in perhaps our most important match of the season. I still can't believe how easily we folded in that one. Honorable mention goes to Muslera's debut match against Milan.

Best goal of the season: in importance, obviously Behrami in the derby. In aesthetic value I nominate Kolarov at Reggina and Ledesma against Udinese and rioma, plus I immensely liked our first goal at Genoa.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
By the way those attendance figures really boggle the mind...in the final game only season ticket holders were allowed and the attendance is 23 000? In the penultimate home match against Palermo it was 10 000. How do we get these figures? How come in all our home games the attendance is always rounded to the nearest thousand, anyway? It's always "ca 22 000" or something. Have you guys been to Olimpico recently? There are electric turnstiles at every gate that are sure to give the exact attendance figure. Instead we are always given these rather arbitrary looking approximations...

Lazio-Juve with 15 000 spectators? There was a full curva and at least half-full Tevere in that match. Ok that might be a mistake in the list, as I think there are many (were there really less than three thousand people at Palermo to watch us?), but there has definitely been something fishy going on with our attendance figures.

Hope I didn't just blow the whistle on a serious tax-scam. :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They were taken from an Engliash web site (Football365), so do not shoot at the pianist :)

Now, statistics about players:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pandev scoring as many goals as Rocchi but shooting as half as Tommaso did. I really hope Rossi (or whoever will be on Lazio bench) will stop fielding him as trequartista. Goran is lethal up front. I know that with Bianchi's arrival and Mauri's whimsies, Rossi had to field Pandev in the hole, but next season Goran has to play as forward. His shots at goal/goals is 29/14. Almost good as Bianchi's 7/4. But then Firmani's 4/3 is almost unbeatable, I think...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
They were taken from an Engliash web site (Football365), so do not shoot at the pianist :)
But of course I didn't think you'd be behind such strange numbers. :)

But I'm sure most of them are the correct announced figures. I'm just as sure that many times they don't reflect the real number in the stadium...

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Wow, Kolarov with 63 shots in 17 games. 13 on goal...that's three wasted attacks per game on shots wide of the goal, and knowing it's Kolarov they are mostly from the 20-30 meter region. I know he has a great shot, but we've got to use more sense using it. Otherwise it can become a burden like Miha's did at one point. He had to try every free kick from 40 meters...

The same can be said of Ledesma's long-range shots, which he has tried way too often after the brilliant one in derby.

Bianchi's 4/7 might look impressive, but his 7/22 on goal tells more. He often shot when there was a good pass available, and it was never even close.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If Lazio get Bianchi... i think the 2nd half of the season proved that Bianchi-Rocchi and Pandev can be an exciting trio.

I also think Lazio got some good players in January like Rozenhal and Radu who next season will make the team much better... Kolarov too of course from last summer. Maybe despite the mid-table finish, Lazio could have plenty to come next year...

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Best player - Pandev. He got over the disappearance in too many games and the constant subs in the sixtieth minute caused by his relative lack of stamina, which plagued him in previous seasons. Now he is almost irreplaceable.

Worst player - that's a tough one. For sheer uselessness in all the games he played, it has to be Makinwa. For total lack of any football skills, it has to be Firmani. For totally underperforming it has to be Mauri. Plus Muslera for not being able to handle the pressure at all.

Best match of the season - the derby. If we had played like that more often we would have ended up much higher in the table, no doubt.

Worst match - plethora of choices, alas. As far as not being able to string two passes together - Genoa at home. Most disappointing - against Olympiakos.

Best goal of the season - Kolarov vs Reggina. Or Baronio's agaisnt Napoli in the Coppa which gets bonus points for surprise value. ;)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
These stats are very interesting. I can hardly believe Siviglia has only four yellow cards, he is one of the dirtiest players in Serie A. Two reds, though. Mudingayi has 12 yellows, way too many. Radu has only one yellow card in 12 games which is quite impresive for a defender. Though, I am starting to ssupect these card stats since Cribari has just one yellow.

Mauri has more assists than Ledesma while Rocchi has two times more than Pandev. Quite surprising.

Kolarov really needs to stop shooting from everywhere.

Also, the stats show how lucky we were that Ledesma, Pandev and Rocchi managed to play in 30 or more games this season. If they had played say 20 each we might have been a lot closer to the relegation zone, a rather scary thought.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
That's absolutely true. We did have trouble with injuries, but we were also lucky that the very key players were rarely out.

Cribari doesn't get that many cards, so that could very well be correct. In fact, I think he should foul a bit more often rather than let people run past him.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If Lazio get Bianchi... i think the 2nd half of the season proved that Bianchi-Rocchi and Pandev can be an exciting trio.

I also think Lazio got some good players in January like Rozenhal and Radu who next season will make the team much better... Kolarov too of course from last summer. Maybe despite the mid-table finish, Lazio could have plenty to come next year...
Thanks. But at the moment things at Lazio are as clear as a November foggy early morning. In January the decisive buys that make Lazio move forward were Dabo and Radu. Rozenhal has played too few games in my opinion and Bianchi has been a disappointment. I would have rather bought a good trequartista and keep the Rocchi-Pandev pair up front. The two of them know each other like twins, and it was a real sin to split them.

Back to statistics, here are the ratings from gazzetta.it:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts