Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
football-italia:

Gila and Vargas out for the Viola

Fiorentina have suffered a real blow ahead of tomorrow's trip to Lazio as both Alberto Gilardino and Juan Vargas are out injured.

Gilardino hasn't recovered from a blow he took on the knee in Wednesday night's 2-1 defeat at home to Milan.

Vargas is also set to be in the stands after complaining about a severe pain in his ankle.

Fiorentina boss Cesare Prandelli is already without Alessandro Gamberini and Mario Alberto Santana, who are both in the treatment room.

Adrian Mutu is suspended after failing two drugs tests in January.

The Viola are in something of a crisis and currently lie 12th in Serie A, seven points adrift of the final Champions League spot.

--

Maybe Jovetic - Ljajic upfront for the first time? Missing Vargas is the big problem. Now we are missing have both flanks. I guess Zanetti's return could be the answer as he is capable to feed strikers if fit to start.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
So, are we going to suck and lose 3-0 or dominate and lose by an offside goal? :D

I'm looking forward to see this match, I think Keirrison and Ljajic will finally get to show what they are capable of when played the full 90 minutes.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
I remember two years ago or was it last year, we played Lazio away and I think we beat them 2-0 or was it 2-1, I remember celebrating, whilst so impressed at the fact that we could not put away our chances but still won the game without much trouble.

ah..those were the days

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
4-3-3 Four Three Three - Prandelli, I hope you saw that.

When we play 4-3-3 we create so many chances. We don't put them away but for God's sake at least we create chances.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
When we play 4-3-3 we create so many chances. We don't put them away but for God's sake at least we create chances.
I agree.
Didn't saw match but statistics looks ok

Shots 8-14
on target 6-10
corners 3-9

We didn't had possession but created almost twice more chances than home team:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
I disagree about 4-3-3, most of our better play came, when we started playing sort of 4-2-3-1 with Babacar and Keirrison on pitch.

The match itself was very sad, I would like to know how much we suffered of missing key players, and how much players were affected by the refereeing mistakes in the past days.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
It looked like a 4-3-3 to me, our style of play matched that which we had in our old days.

Marchionni - Kerrison - Babacar

That's how I saw it. Our full backs got forward and we started crossing and everything, we even started getting corners non-stop which is what we used to do back in the day when we couldn't take our chances.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Ljajic looked out of his depth and was hooked at half time. He'll improve though.

Disapointed in how limp we looked when attacking though. Never had much faith we would score and in the end it was a messy goal. Prandelli needs the support to get better at getting into the box. Also needs to sort out the crossing. If he wants us to cross every two minutes then we need players in the box. The amount of times it was just cleared or sailed over everyone was depressing.

I think Babacar is gonna be a star soon enough though :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts