Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... or even potential Laziali. Here we may talk about the Lazio players at Euro 2008 and those who Lazio may buy.
Well, it's not that there will be that plenty of Biancocelesti in Austria and Switzerland playing football this month, but at least today it's Behrami vs Rozenhal. Both not sure to play for Lazio next season, to use an euphemism, but let's see what they are going to do.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
I only saw the last 15 minutes and Rozenhal played quite well. Just like the few matches he played for Lazio. A bit odd that we don't seem to be keeping him.

Behrami on the other hand I didn't see make a single ball contact. Or maybe he was substituted by then. Don't know. If he was still on the field he certainly didn't impress enough to draw the camera's attention.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Behrami was substituted about the tiem you have started watching but he played well only in the first 15 minutes anyway. And yes, Rozenhal was quality, much better than Ujfalusi, IMO, I am quite annoyed we did not keep him.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Some of todays reports say that Rossi has given the OK for Rozenhal's capture, and we have till the 10th to purchase him. Lotito also said today that we will purchase Radu, let Bianchi go and is evaluating Rozenhals situation. He did have a very good game today.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Can't believe they didn't see Ufo's handball...but yes, Rozenhal can still be bought. I don't think there was an agreed fee with his loan deal, so we'll have to see how much that would cost.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Behrami in the first half an hour was the usual crazy horse running on the right, also because Jankulovsky has not that defensive ability, Valon could even try to score if Frei wasn't so egotist and pass the ball to him instead of shooting. All in all, a 6 performance. Newspapers report that he may not use the article 17 after all, and yesterday at the inauguration of the Lazio shop Lotito said that "as a good christian, I can forgive, but only if he is completely repented about what he has done". We will see. A bit off topic, Lotito has said also that many players offered theirselves to Lazio by thr article 17, but Lotito has refused to recruit them because there's a clubs agreement to avoid that as much as possible.

Rozenhal (but I wonder why it was "Rozehnal" on TV? Maybe that's the right way to write his surname?) has played well, I think yesterday he was feeling more at his ease than when playing for Lazio. Quite reliable, 6,5. To quote our beloved president again, "We are evaluating what to do with him".

Today there's Germany-Poland, let's see how this Dariusz Dudka play, provided Leo Beenhakker fields him.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Well, if we don't have an option for Rozenhal then I guess the chance to sign him is about 0.001%, even if we cough up the money, I doubt he will agree to stay considering how often he warmed the bench last spring.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Attachments

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From the S.S. Lazio official web site:
http://www.sslazio.it/cms/view/home/news/archivio/elenco_news/la_lazio_riscatta_rozenhal/s152/c1630

La Lazio riscatta Rozenhal
David Rozenhal è giocatore della Lazio. La Società comunica di aver perfezionato oggi il suo riscatto dal club inglese del Newcastle così come nei termini pattuiti. Il ventisettenne centrale biancoceleste con oltre 40 partite nella Nazionale Ceka è stato uno dei protagonisti del successo della Republica Ceka sulla Svizzera nella gara di apertura degli Europei in corso.

Lazio have completed the buy of David Rozenhal. It's official now. Good news.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Hell yes! I am really happy I was wrong!

EDIT: We can safely say that Rozenhal did much better in his first game on the Euro than the CBs of the world champions today. :)

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Definitely a good acquisition, with potential to be among the top centre backs in Italy. So how much did he cost?

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Excellent news! At least we didn't go for a headless chicken like Barzagli. I wonder if the Wolfsburg-bosses are crapping their pants now after his "performance" last night.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Good news. Now let's hope we also intend to play him as a starter next season, and that we didn't buy him to sit on the bench. From what I've seen of him, he certainly is not the lesser of Siviglia and Cribari.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely a good acquisition, with potential to be among the top centre backs in Italy. So how much did he cost?
3,6 million euro to be paid in three years. And a new fax :)
1,5 million euro was already paid for the loan, so the overall price is 5,1 million euro.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
That is one heck of an expensive loan, it would have been rather silly to let Rozenhal go after using him so little. Hopefully he will become a quality starting CB for us next season. 5 million paid in installments is not a bad price for a 28 years old defender with international experience, it took about a year to sink in but it sems we finally realised we can't rely on Siviglia and Cribari forever. Now, time to sign Radu and have an R&R defence. :)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Can't believe they didn't see Ufo's handball...but yes, Rozenhal can still be bought. I don't think there was an agreed fee with his loan deal, so we'll have to see how much that would cost.
It is spelled Rozehnal and not Rozenhal. And it was ball to hand for Ujfalusi (no penalty there). Rozehnal does well against slower teams like Switzerland let's see how he performs against the mighty Portugal. But overall I think he's much more suited to Seria A or La Liga than ultra physical EPL.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Thanks for clarifying the spelling, it has been frustrating how the two spellings appear all the time. I take that you're Czech and this is the correct spelling 100% sure? I'm asking because his name at Lazio's official site is spelled Rozenhal, and I'm pretty sure it was written like that on the back of his shirt at Lazio.

But ain't that just like Lazio's management, spelling the name of one of our own players wrong...:rolleyes:

By the way, clear handball. If you want to defend headers in the box with your arms up like that, then you risk a penalty, quite simple. But that's off-topic.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Rozehnal made a bad mistake leading to the opening goal for Portugal, hopefully he will improve during the course of the game because I also have a soft spot for the Czech team.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts