1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25 March 2006
LAWRO: GENIUS ROO IS MY VOTE FOR TOP PLAYER
Lawro
THE RACE to be crowned Player of the Year is the most open in years - but my vote definitely goes to Wayne Rooney.

Every so often a player brushed with genius graces us with his talent just as Gazza and Cantona have done in the past. Rooney (above) has that magical quality.

Even on a bad day, Rooney produces moments of brilliance and magic and if you wanted to improve a team then most managers would take him even ahead of Thierry Henry.

Rooney certainly gets the nod over Steven Gerrard, John Terry and even Joe Cole, who thoroughly deserves an honorary mention this year.

------

Anyone dare to disagree? :cool:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
All haters can crash and burn.

Deary me I can't wait to see Wayne stuff some humble pie in the mouth of some ignorant people on xt. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Kyle said:
Watch this world cup deo, i'll personally use that top line as my signature too ;)
Hey, im with england, i want him to score as much as he can but cmon, Ahead of Henry? :rolleyes:. I dont think so and oh, Ronaldinho will make the world player of the year hatt-trick this year.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Henry was where at 20? doing what? Ronaldinho was where...? :).. in 3 years Rooney will be the world's best players [although at most anti-England xters he won't be]

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Red Bed said:
Ride this:..
Is this supposed to be a bad joke? Was that the best of him you could find, if so please allow me to laugh :howler:

Rooney is A GREAT player but lets not get carried away.

Kyle; Your argument is still flawed, so what if Roonaldinho wasn't discovered at an early age? He was still more talented then Ronney is/was so cut the crap...

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Kyle said:
Henry was where at 20? doing what? Ronaldinho was where...? :).. in 3 years Rooney will be the world's best players [although at most anti-England xters he won't be]
I know what you mean but he (lawro) says Rooney gets his vote as the best player of the year this year, only a Manu fan would say this.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Deo said:
I know what you mean but he (lawro) says Rooney gets his vote as the best player of the year this year, only a Manu fan would say this.
"Lawro" is actually a Liverpool legend.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Valdrin said:
Is this supposed to be a bad joke? Was that the best of him you could find, if so please allow me to laugh :howler:

Rooney is A GREAT player but lets not get carried away.

Kyle; Your argument is still flawed, so what if Roonaldinho wasn't discovered at an early age? He was still more talented then Ronney is/was so cut the crap...
BTW, as player of the year he means in the EPL.

Not the world, that will probably happen in a couple of years.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Red Bed said:
"Lawro" is actually a Liverpool legend.
I was probably not even born when he played for pool but still, Rooney is never better than Ronaldinho and i dont think he will ever be.

BTW Messi is better than Rooney.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Deo said:
I was probably not even born when he played for pool but still, Rooney is never better than Ronaldinho and i dont think he will ever be.
Who said that?

Lawrenson only said he was the best player in England and he should get the PFA Player of the year award.

Why bring Dinho and Messi into this?

Straws being clutched? YES.

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
Red Bed said:
Who said that?

Lawrenson only said he was the best player in England and he should get the PFA Player of the year award.

Why bring Dinho and Messi into this?

Straws being clutched? YES.
Where the hell did he say it was only for the EPL!!!

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Deo said:
Where the hell did he say it was only for the EPL!!!
"THE RACE to be crowned Player of the Year"

The man is obviously talking about the PFA awards which are just around the corner.

If Rooney doesn't get it he will most definetly retain the PFA young player of the year award.

He is currently holding that title and also FIFpro world young player of the year.

:proud:

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Deo said:

BTW Messi is better than Rooney.
1 season :howler:Rooney's played 3 top class seasons so far for Everton and Manchester United, setting alight Euro2004, his international stats for a 20 year old are class too, 20 games and 10 goals or something :cool:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
He doesn't only score goals, he sets up play, he is the man who starts off all England and Manchester United attacks.

And please dont forget his assists too.

1 - 20 of 218 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.