Xtratime Community banner

Who will win the Latvian League this season ?

• Olimps Riga (Youth team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FK Jurmala

• FK Riga

• Dinaburg Daugavpils

1 - 20 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The calendar of the next season of the Virsliga has been published by the Latvian federation:

It will start the 10th of April and will end the 5th of November.
The final of the cup will be played the 25th of September.

First round:
FK Venta-Skonto FC
FK Rīga-FK Ventspils
FHK Liepājas metalurgs – FK Olimps
FC Dinaburg – FK Jūrmala.

Source

The complete calendar : Here

·
Registered
835 Posts
Tough welcome test to Venta and 3 points for Metalurgs.

Does TV broadcast matches in Latvia? 10 km away from town I can see your LNT (?) television :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
vol said:
Tough welcome test to Venta and 3 points for Metalurgs.

Does TV broadcast matches in Latvia? 10 km away from town I can see your LNT (?) television :D
Only LNT? My parents in Saldus (~30km from Lithuanian board) can see your Tele3 (TV3?), LNK and one more (I think).

i don't think LNT will show football games, thay are shown in LTV7. There can see all FK Venta home games and some other "big" teams games and some NT games

·
Registered
99 Posts
Saldus FK will play in II div.

Saldus FK will play in II division :(
They don't want to promote cos they don't have enought money :wallbang:

·
Registered
835 Posts
I read on RSSSF that Venta was relocated from Ventspils to Kuldiga. Also, Olimps is formed from Skonto-2 young players, and Skonto are 6 points deducted. Is this true?

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Can anoyne beat Skonto ? :D ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Fobal klub said:
Do you think FK Venta will get the professional status ?
All players in thet club are professionals (some big names), they will build new stadium in Kuldiga (with 10000 places - in Kuldiga lives ~12500 peoples ;) ).
But they don't give any information about themself.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
SKONTO RIGA 6 POINTS DEDUCTED AT THE START !!!!!!!!!!!!
They didn't pay 350 000 euro in time for Ofriss Riga as a part of money from transfer of Eriks Pelcis to Korea.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
lacom said:
All players in thet club are professionals (some big names), they will build new stadium in Kuldiga (with 10000 places - in Kuldiga lives ~12500 peoples ;) ).
But they don't give any information about themself.
Wow, ambitious team, new stadium, this is interesting and good for Latvian football. I hope they will be able to challenge the three other team (Skonto, Ventspils and Liepajas ).

10000 places ? The biggest stadium ?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
SKONTO RIGA 6 POINTS DEDUCTED AT THE START !!!!!!!!!!!!
They didn't pay 350 000 euro in time for Ofriss Riga as a part of money from transfer of Eriks Pelcis to Korea.
hmm...interesting... :rollani: why the 6 points deducted this season and not last season? :eek: because if the points were deducted last season, Skonto wouldnt be a champion... :rolleyes: i smell something bad here... :wth:

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Ignas said:
hmm...interesting... :rollani: why the 6 points deducted this season and not last season? :eek: because if the points were deducted last season, Skonto wouldnt be a champion... :rolleyes: i smell something bad here... :wth:
I think this year Metalurgs will take championschip !!

·
Registered
450 Posts
It is about time.

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thursday, 17 February 2005

The Latvian Football Federation breathed a sigh of relief this month when FC Olimps Riga were finally named as the eighth and last club in the first division.

European places safe
Olimps Riga replace FK Zibens, who declined to take up their place in the division, fearing they had insufficient funds to be able to compete. The participation of eight sides in the league means Latvia will retain all their European club competition places next season. The new side, under former Latvia Under-21 coach Janis Dreimanis, will be very young, with the majority of the players less than 23 years of age.

High-profile signings
Meanwhile, FK Venta, also newly promoted to the top flight, signed the former FC Dynamo Kyiv star Aleksandr Khatskevich. The team from Kuldiga have also strengthened their squad with Latvian international Valentins Lobanevs, Polish goalkeeper Maciej Nalepa, Ukrainian midfield player Juri Benjo and Latvian striker Girts Karlsons.

1 - 20 of 188 Posts