Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Rivaldo is more than willing to stay on with Barca. I saw tv interview he had at airport before leaving to join national team that he was made false promises by Nunez that hurt him a lot, but still loves Barcelona very much. He says his family is very happy, so he would like to stay here for the rest of his career. But he must be given the increase in pay that he was promised by Nunez or he will probably go. In El Mundo Deportivo a poll said that most socios want Bogarde to leave, followed by Litmanen, De Boer brothers, and Simao. They also said most wanted is Overmars, Raul,and Beckham. I believe that we should hold on to De Boers. And if they want less Dutch, why do they want Overmars.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Bogarde, Litmanen and Simao out. But I agree we should keep the De Boer Bros. They are just too good to sell. And they don't mind being on the bench every now and then. And why Beckham? Overmars? RAUL??? If someone is a Castilian symbol, it has to be Raul...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why Simao out?
We should be keeping our young talent and giving them a chance to learn and improve.
Was Figo this good at 20 years old?
I'm sure that Simao will develop into a good replacement for the great player. :)
Also, that Santamaria guy seems pretty good too, don't you think?

·
Registered
578 Posts
I agree about Bogarde and Litmanen , they must leave but not Simao , he seems to me that he's going to be a star , and I think we should keep the De Boer Bros.
And no way for Beckham or even Overmars they have no place in Barca.
Raul is another story he is a briliant but no way for playing for Barca.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Well we shouldn't base our team around one player for each position.
So great, we'll have 2 players to cover that position in future, it doesn't mean we should sell one of them.
We'll see how Santamaria develops (i've still only seen him once), and we'll see how Simao develops. They both can be fighting for their place in years to come I hope. :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
But i was referring to when Figo is replaced.
I mean, he is 28 next year, so he only has about 3 good seasons left in him.
After these 3 years we'll have at least 2 good players to fight for this position hopefully.
Why sell Simao when barca has absolutely no financial worries?
The more players we have the better in my opinion. :)

G

·
Beckham, Overmars, Raul on the most wanted list. Who team wouldn't have them on their most wanted lists?

Not any of that trio will come this summer that's for sure.

Hold on to Litmanen, you can't just sell him after only 1 season, he didn't shine in his first season with Ajax.

G

·
Barcelona's World Player of the Year Rivaldo said on Monday he was looking for a better financial deal from the club.

"In Italy there are various teams that are interested in me and that is going to force Barcelona to improve my contract," Rivaldo told Spanish reporters at Barcelona's El Prat airport.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Ok, that way: keep Simao.

But I don't understand what Rivaldo wants. He signed a contract. If a club signs a player with for a high salary, they won't lower his salary if he turns out to be no good, so why would we now?

[This message has been edited by A Dutch FCB Fan (edited 23-05-2000).]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Because we'll lose him unless we do.
But maybe this isn't such a bad thing actually. lol
I just don't think barca should be concerned at all about money. We are arguably the richest club in the world (if you take into account all barca's assets), so if it allows us to keep a high quality squad, then we should spend a little more money.
$50 million is peanuts to barca, so selling Rivaldo will be of no benefit really.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Lose him?
If we don't agree with other clubs, Rivaldo can't go. If he refuses to work, we sue him. It's easy. :)

Now seriously: he deserves a raise, but not one as huge as he deserved a year ago...

But something else (this still is the latest news): VG resigned immediately after the last match against Valencia, but Nunez refused it... Now I know again why I'm so glad Nunez left... :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Let's not forget, VG resigned in November 1998 but Nunez refused it also.
I guess we could say he was right to make that decision, no?
But this season really was VG's last chance to change his style and unite with the fans. He failed i guess. :(

G

·
so is rivaldo leaving in the end!??

the latest i heard was that acmilan was after both luis figo and rivaldo...

anyway doesn't rivaldo earn enough!??
i mean something like 100,000 per wk if i;m right!??

huh..players are getting too greedy these days...and have too much power i say..

·
Registered
405 Posts
How much do Rivaldo and Figo want?????

I think the players who earn the highest salary in Barcelona are Kluivert and Litmanen right now. I'm not sure about this, but I remember there was an article about the salary of players in La Liga in World Soccer long long time ago, and the salary of Rivaldo and Figo is less than 40000 pounds, really couldn't remember.

By the way, I heard Lazio is interested in buying Rivaldo and Figo. I think Barcelona won't sell both of them together, Barcelona shouldn't worry about $$$. Rivaldo and Figo do deserve to get a higher salary, so I'm really eager to know that how much they want.

G

·
I just read that Kluivert is willing to stay with Barcelona if they want him too. He is willing to see out the remaining 2 years on his contract, but still dreams of playing in the Premier League one day, but there is plenty of time ahead of him.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Weekly wages in pounds.
Kluivert:57,692
Litmanen:38,461
Rivaldo,Figo,De Boer brothers:25,000
Highest paid player Del Piero:69,230
Highest paid player in Spain Mcmanaman:65,384
If Figo and Rivaldo want a higher pay i think they deserve it.Best players in the world respectively and Kluivert gets paid more than them.Even Mcmanaman.
Give them a raise.70,000 each

1 - 20 of 24 Posts