Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Absolutely massive loss, must say I like this from the perspective of a rival.

Lima also in, Michel/Kardec/Sidnei to Braga, Silvio on loan(?), bunch of other shit... very busy day for you guys.

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
If you're taking someone from Braga, it should be that Ismaeili kid. This kid can play.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
If you're taking someone from Braga, it should be that Ismaeili kid. This kid can play.
They just got him from Olhanense this summer. Benfica will have to wait until next summer at least.

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Absolutely massive loss, must say I like this from the perspective of a rival.
I can't disagree. Especially when early reports had the deal @ 30. SLB will spend the fall with a thin defense & too many attackers. Matic will get his chance. If he flops, will be interesting if JJ switches formation versus just plugging another player into that role.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Benfica throwing in the towel with this deal
It seems
I don't agree that they're throwing in the towel, this was a good amount of money for a #6 whom we paid 7Mil for and got 3.4 mil right back, in the end he'll net us a good 12 or so after we pay 4 to Benfica Stars Fund then another 2.4Milion Euro if everything in the contract is fulfilled.

What puzzles me is Lima, why get him if Cardozo is still here?
Don't the Eastern markets close later? Perhaps he's on the move to Russia or the Ukraine?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Also, Nolito to Atletico Madrid on loan. He had a good start to the season last year, seemed to drop down the depth chart, and now doesn't count in JJ's plans at all. Odd.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Josh, anything confirming Nolito to Atletico or Silvio to us? All i heard was talk all day, i think Ojogo said that it wasn't going to happen anymore.
Yeah, you're right bro, I was just going through the official player registration stuff on the league website today... nothing. Nolito stays with you guys and Silvio stays with Benfica. That likely would have been your starting LB. No Silvio, no Eliseu... Melgarejo better keep learning fast.

By the way, in case anybody wants to check all the league registrations from today:

http://www.lpfp.pt/noticias/Pages/Fechodomercado-actualizado.aspx

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
So the Silvio x Nolito deal fell through, I saw Silvio as a back up for Maxi and either starter on the left or back up for him too. The only thing that puzzles me is that Lima was picked up when Cardozo's here, no way that Lima will start over takuara, I'm thinking that the Eastern market is still open and Russia or Ukraine might be calling.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Yeah, 4 days to go until the Russian market closes and that's why I'm not totally convinced Hulk/Moutinho stay for sure. Cardozo could also go to one of those clubs, who knows. Focus goes back to league action this weekend, though.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Yeah, you're right bro, I was just going through the official player registration stuff on the league website today... nothing. Nolito stays with you guys and Silvio stays with Benfica. That likely would have been your starting LB. No Silvio, no Eliseu... Melgarejo better keep learning fast.

By the way, in case anybody wants to check all the league registrations from today:

http://www.lpfp.pt/noticias/Pages/Fechodomercado-actualizado.aspx
..with Atlético I'd hope.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
i dont know about lima not playing ahead of cardozo ...cardozo is way too "fixed", and has a poor ball reception, not to mention that he is useless when it comes to making a pass.

Lima is more versatile

im really really concerned about javi leavinng though...are we left with matic alone?! not only is he not as solid as we have no back up in case he cant play!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Axel Witsel to Zenit for 40m Euro (buyout clause)

Crazy day, Zenit came to Portugal and dropped off 100m, taking both Hulk and Witsel.

Zenit activated the 40m Euro buyout clause in Witsel's deal and off he goes.

Accoding to MF, you offered him a new deal and tried to convince him to stay today, but no luck. Seems the money of the Russians is too much for these guys.

--

De acordo com o que Maisfutebol apurou, os responsáveis do Benfica tudo fizeram para tentar manter o jogador.

Luís Filipe Vieira chegou a oferecer-se a renovação, aumento de salário e subida da cláusula de rescisão. Witsel ainda hesitou, mas acabou por aceitar a oferta milionária do Zenit.

--

Midfield now has no Witsel and no Javi Garcia. Carlos Martins and Matic pairing... anybody else even in the squad? JJ can't be happy!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts