Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the sunday edition of Kurier, SV Ried really thinks of joining Linz (the city of course :D ).

What is the exact plan? It seems that LASK should take Ried's place in the T-mobile Bundesliga and that Ried will voluntarily drop back into the Oberösterreich-Landesliga!

Why? Ried's Gemeinderat is not willing (or seems not to be willing) to support the finanicially groggy team and Ried has no money for the necessary re-modelling of their ground.

Ried's club-lawyer Vogl is quoted as saying:

"Das ist kein PR-Gag. Ich will nicht, dass eines Tages ein Masseverwalter verscherbelt, was wir in den letzten acht Jahren mühevoll aufgebaut haben."

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Well, sounds logic (and unusually careful for a Funktionär) to me. It makes two differences. Number one it then will be LASK which go bust and number two for all tradition and so on reasons, it's better to have LASK back up than uncharismatic Ried.

Also the other uncharismatic team will be lost and I'm hoping for Bleiberg, as those fancy Carintbians can very well transform their hockey situation into football as well. Also both teams have good financial backup. I heard, however, Putzi just backed down from one of his investments and that could be the first step of a classic new economy career. But I hope not.

So, instead of Ried and Admira/Wacker/Mödling I'd welcome LASK and Bleiberg in first league. Also I want to see both former greats Admira AND Wacker Wien play in Wienerliga and Mödling in second division.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts