Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in 48 hours according to the always reliable AS.

but wheres sagyv he should hear this. diarra will sign injured :howler:

i love this club :proud:

hes been injured since november, price will be around 20m (40m thanks to pedja).

its interesting that hes already played for chelsea, arsena and portsmouth (as well as the french club before chelsea) and now he'll be at madrid, and yet hes just 23.

so yeah!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
LDiarra is a v good and versatile player.

But this one DEMANDS playing time. He doesnt see himself benched.

Probably he changed now? Dont know.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Great midfielder, I think him and Gago are a bit similar. He was never given a chance at Arsenal-while at Chelsea he knew it would be difficult to displace Essien; Maka at the time. Played a fare few games for us as rigth back.

I rate him pretty highly but as A10 said he won't be happy sitting on bench; if he was he'd still be with us or Arsenal.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Why o why? We dont need another midfielder. We have the original Diarra (and he will be back next season), we have Gago, JG.... Why the fak should we bring in another overrated and overpaid midfielder? He will be just another benchawarmer next year.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Is he good @ destroying attacks ?? and is he considered a DM or a CM

will he boost our chances in the CL .... will he help us play compact games .............. is he that good ......

the fact that he plays @ RB is interesting .... maybe next year we can see Ramos and Pepe as CBs if Garay or Metz fail to impress or stay fit

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
He left the last two clubs because he wasnt getting little playing time. He stayed at Arsenal for only 6 months because in his mind he deserved more playing time. This shouldnt be a problem in this season when the original Diarra is out but after that its hells bells.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Why o why? We dont need another midfielder. We have the original Diarra (and he will be back next season), we have Gago, JG.... Why the fak should we bring in another overrated and overpaid midfielder? He will be just another benchawarmer next year.
That's probably a fair assesment. Flamini kept him out of the Arsenal side because he had a more physical game, better attitude and higher workrate than Diarra. Spain could suit him better though. He has good technique.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
hes been injured since november, price will be around 20m (40m thanks to pedja).!
idiots, I came in this forum one year ago and offered you him for £5m, and you didn't take it, no wonder you are in such dire straits, you don't heed my advice. :pp

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
We should try signing Kaka too, given that he's injured now and will be out for 3 months probably.
I heard that you are looking for a defender...what about Ledley King ?:pp

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
That's probably a fair assesment. Flamini kept him out of the Arsenal side because he had a more physical game, better attitude and higher workrate than Diarra. Spain could suit him better though. He has good technique.

you really don't like the flat foreheaded one do you? :pp

don't listen to Mat, Lassana Diarra is better than any defensive midielder you have by a considerable distance, he's like a young Davids.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
good signing better than Zokora IMO , we cant handle the situation depending on Gago only until the end of the season while Javi Garcia seems not ready enough

If he impress it will be interesting to see what happened with the other Diarra :D at the end of the season , btw few days ago I read that Citeh already agreed terms with him and a deal is done for 18 to 23 million pounds !!

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Very good player, I didn't like when Chelsea sold him because he was a great future. As others said, he will moan when sits on bench, but I doubt he will do. IMO he is better than Gago. But... 20 milion euros???

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
The last amount being talked is 10m euros which is hard to believe given the particular circumstances of this club and the winter market.

We'll see.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
This is a brilliant signing, I hope it is concluded as soon as possible. Diarra, despite his small frame, is a beast of a defensive midfielder. His positioning is first-class and his anticipation even better. I would love to see a central midfield of him and Gago, their energy and ball recovery skills would suffocate any team.

He is the closest thing to Makelele in terms of style.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
guys considering the world crisis I doubt Madrid will spend money in this window transfer, Madrid is trying hard to find new loans to keep the debt rolling and so far you have failed.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Quality signing. Diarra can play physical, but he has that Essien-like technique and quality on the ball which is rare. A good passer of the ball who can play the up tempo style we like to use, especially at the Bernabeu.

Now under contract with us in central midfield:

Wesley Sneijder
Rafael Van der Vaart
Guti.HAZ
Ruben De la Red
Dani Parejo
Mahamadou Diarra
Fernando Gago
Lassana Diarra
Javi Garcia

9 players for 3 positions, even though Parejo's on loan.

1 - 20 of 589 Posts