Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will be the number 1 reserve striker behind Samuel Eto'o at Barca next year, Larsson or Maxi? I haven't really seen enough of Lopez yet to make an eduated judgement on whether he's better than King Henke or not.

Or will Rijkaard be looking to sign a new striker again this summer for the role?

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
If Larsson can regain his old form, I think he is more usefull for the team. Not only in skills , but as a humble and experienced leader.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Well ofcourse the answer would be Larsson, but to be totally honest, he has missed more chances than he had scored, but still we can't judge him, because he was still not adapted to the style of play.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Falastini said:
Well ofcourse the answer would be Larsson, but to be totally honest, he has missed more chances than he had scored, but still we can't judge him, because he was still not adapted to the style of play.
I think Larsson has adapted well. He did well when he was fielded in Giuly's spot or up front.

When is the Saviola or Maxi Lopez thread gonna be up?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
it depends on how Larsson will feel after his knee injury.
if he's 100% fit then he would certainly be the number1 reserve striker.
Btw did he sign his new contract?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah I believe so, he extended it two years, which is a nice gesture by the Barca board. Hopfully they don't feel to generous with albertini, maybe a coaching job will do.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Dr. Larsson.

He is technically better than Maxi. I like Maxi's physical presence, but I just don't see him being able to pull off those neat one-two passes with Etoo that Larsson did at the beginning of the season. He's got the vision and the technique to coexist with the likes of Etoo, Deco, Xavi and Ronaldinho. Maxi, besides the good showing in the CL, hasn't really shown much.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Providing Henrik makes a full recovery from his knee injury, then there's no doubt who will be Eto'o's backup.

Maxi hasn't shown much at the moment and to be honest, I don't know whether he will have many opportunities next season with Larsson returning from injury and the potential of a new attacker arriving (Ezquerro? Luque?).

Larsson is a class act and I hope we see him back at his very best next season :thmbup:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've known Maxi since he played in River Plate, and in comparassion with Larsson, I prefer a thousand of times more Larsson instead of the Argie!

Maxi IMO isn't a great striker, I've never seen him as one... I don't know if we will ever watch at Camp nou an ecxellent Maxi, I hope we do, but in reality his quiality doesn't go far from what we have seen until today.
Many fans think is a matter of time, that we should wait until he settles in the team and league, but I don't, I thinck Maxi's quality is just what we have seen, an acceptable forward...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Maxi has been used so very wrong! He is only used by the coach to hold the ball! If this points to anything is the short sight of FR! Maxi can easily play as a support striker, using his skills that you guys have seen nothing of them to pass defenders, he is no poacher but his speed, size and skills can be much more useful to the team than they way he is used to now.

Wembley,

I do not know how much you have seen from Maxi with River Plate, but absolutely you have not seen him used the way he is used like now by FR!

Use him right he will do right.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Wembley,

I do not know how much you have seen from Maxi with River Plate, but absolutely you have not seen him used the way he is used like now by FR!

Use him right he will do right.
Sincerely I don't see Maxi as a great forward. As I said, I hope we do someday... but just for now, Maxi has played few minutes in Barcelona, one goal and one assistance which was a VERY lucky one. Last match he started in the line-up and once again he assured me how a normal striker he is.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
This is not fair to compare Maxi Lopez with Henrik Larsson, as they are at much different periods of their careers.

Larsson has seen it all, and done it all, world cups, champions league etc.
Maxi Lopez is only a young guy, big raw player just learning his trade.

Henrik will be the back up striker next season as he has seniority, and experience to back him up.
However I don't think Barca fans will ever see a great Larsson, as his best days passed a few years ago!

Maxi will eventually do a great job for Barca, but to get some games under his belt, maybe one year out on loan at another spanish liga club would benefit him ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm new here..but i'm a big fan of Barca so I have to write.

About Maxi and Larsson..I can't say I have seen a lot of Maxi that I can make this descison ...but I also don't belive that Henke is as good as you potray him..King Henke? ..hm.. no.. not in my eyes..sorry.. he's a good player..with some bad luck, this is his 2 big knee injury..and he's in good shape for his age..or was? ....But he just dosen't cut it..not for me. not in Barca.

There's only one god in Barca, Puyol..but no one can be compared to Puyol :)

Take care.

Visca El Barca!

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mrs P. said:
Hi guys,

I'm new here..but i'm a big fan of Barca so I have to write.

About Maxi and Larsson..I can't say I have seen a lot of Maxi that I can make this descison ...but I also don't belive that Henke is as good as you potray him..King Henke? ..hm.. no.. not in my eyes..sorry.. he's a good player..with some bad luck, this is his 2 big knee injury..and he's in good shape for his age..or was? ....But he just dosen't cut it..not for me. not in Barca.

There's only one god in Barca, Puyol..but no one can be compared to Puyol :)

Take care.

Visca El Barca!
Bad start to your XT career, no-one talks negatively about Larsson in my presence and lives to see another day!

Only joking, you're entitled to your opinion. I think that when King Henke looks back on his career and considers everything he achieved then he can take a lot of satisfaction from his accomplishments though - whether you rate him as a player or not.

I've only had the chance to see Maxi in the last game against Getafe, so it would be unfair on him to make a judgement based on one match. In his defence though i don't really think that Rijkaard's tactics suit the main striker in a 4-3-3. A lot of the time he can be left isolated and surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders whenever the ball is played to him, so it's a difficult role.

A player like Larsson definitely prefers to have a main strike partner alongside him, as his link-play - fast, sharp, intellgent football - are his main strengths. Perhaps Maxi would benefit from a change of tactics as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hahah! :) I have a tendency to not give a great first impression..sorry :pp ..but I never give up.. my opinions are my opinions.. :cool:

No but really..Henke is cool.I think he's a good player I'll never deny that..but I just don't see him in Barca..same with Deco.. and I guess that a lot of that has to do with the swedish press who's been annyoing me ever since Henke joined Barca..they exaggerate ..like they do with Zlatan..who's swedish, knows what I'm talking about.."Henke's Barcelona" .."Barcelona won WITHOUT Henke" - yeah otherwise, we never win. :mad:

I just wanna get one thing straight, I'm not saying that Henke is a bad player..on the contrast..he has very good qualites..and he was a good (more then that) in Celtic..he has achieved a lot.. but I just don't see him in Barca...but that doesn't mean I see Maxi...we'll see what happens when Henke recovers..If I have to pick someone..i perfer Guily.. ;)

Btw, I sure hope to see another day.. :pp ...doesn't it get boring in the end, when everyone has the same opinion :happy:

King_Henrik said:
Bad start to your XT career, no-one talks negatively about Larsson in my presence and lives to see another day!

Only joking, you're entitled to your opinion. I think that when King Henke looks back on his career and considers everything he achieved then he can take a lot of satisfaction from his accomplishments though - whether you rate him as a player or not.

I've only had the chance to see Maxi in the last game against Getafe, so it would be unfair on him to make a judgement based on one match. In his defence though i don't really think that Rijkaard's tactics suit the main striker in a 4-3-3. A lot of the time he can be left isolated and surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders whenever the ball is played to him, so it's a difficult role.

A player like Larsson definitely prefers to have a main strike partner alongside him, as his link-play - fast, sharp, intellgent football - are his main strengths. Perhaps Maxi would benefit from a change of tactics as well.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts