Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with this being trumpeted around by the press? With all due respect to Celtic and Larsson, its not like we were ever going to go into the match wanting to lose it. Surely this would be annoying to Shakhtar fans - that Eto'o is assuring Celtic he'll do "everything to help them". I think thats a foolish thing to say by any stretch of the imagination.

· Registered
2,445 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
There's nothing at all wrong with this idea. To me, it shows the closeness of the squad AND the fact that Larsson is a classy guy. I've seen this kind of thing before, players buying team-mates watches and stuff. It's just part of being mates in a football club, Larsson is saying "this is your reward!". He wasn't saying "You wanted to lose before, now you have reason not to".
Yes, I understand that. My gripe is not with Larsson's offer, but with Eto'o publicizing it and making it seem as though he is going to try harder just because of Larsson's request. Its simply not the way things should operate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.