Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
who can tell me more about Lars Jacobsen who joined SV Hamburg this summer from Odense BK ? Is this guy good ? He is a defender, but what position did he play, central defence or right wing back ?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
He's a talented right back. He's had a very good year for OB and is definitely developing into a very good player. I think you've signed a good player here, who's definitely a man for the future. That said, I don't mean he's not ready to play already, 'cause I think he is. But he's still very young, if you know what I mean ;)?

Ane can probably to tell you a bit more about him than I can.

Hope it's good for now :).

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Lars Jacobsen is a 21 year old (20.09.79) right back or central defender. He is a product of OB's youth system and I rate him very highly.

He has mostly played at the right back position but in the last games of the season he played very impressively in the central defence. He rarely makes mistakes and his timing is very good. The defensive part of the game is very good, but he still lacks a wee bit in the attack, although he has improved imensely during the last couple of seasons. His biggest asset in the attack is his hard and precise long throw-ins.

He is a natural leader who doesn't shred away from taking responsibillity during the games, which is also why he was the captain of the U-21 NT. Just to give you an indication of just how big a talent he is I can tell you that he has played 116 games for OB and 44(!) games for the youth NT. Furthermore he was named MoM in the Danish cup final back in May.

With all due respect to HSV's current defenders, I have no doubt that Lars can and will improve their defence :)

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sounds good ! Since we conceded a big bunch of goals last season, we are in need of decent defenders. But Lars will have a tough time, 'cause our right back position is occupied by Milan Fukal, czech international defender. Fukal has perhaps one of the best headers ( do you say that ?? :confused: ) in the Bundesliga, scored 4 goals in just 19 matches ( all from corner- or freekicks which he headed in..) , but he always has problems with fast and small attackers and sometimes tends to lose the ball in front of the box, these mistakes are often deadly. Perhaps, Fukal will move into central defence where he could outplay his heading-skills while Jacobsen takes Milans place as right back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts