Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will copy and paste my post from the Pictures and Videos forum (This is for you Kosta :tongue: ):

A big derby game between 2 Greek C' Division (!) teams Larisa and Kastoria took place a couple weeks ago.... it was sold out (fans watched from rooftops) and it had just an incredible atmosphere..... keep in mind, this is the C' Division! 15.000 fans... most A' division teams in Greece don't even get this many fans.

Home team: AEL (Larisa)

http://www.ael-fans.com/kastoria.html

You can see pics and videos from their official site, just amazing.

PS THEY WERE LIKE THAT FOR THE FULL 90 MINUTES!!! It just really impresses me, coming from a C' division team. Actually, Larisa many years ago use to be an A' Division team, and the ONLY team in Greece to win a title outside of Athens/Thessaloniki so they do have a rich history. What support they give their team though. Currently I believe they are in first place, on their way to being promoted to the B' Division.

I can't wait for their return to the top flight!! THESE are the kind of teams Greece needs!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Great thread Christos!!:star:

Everything you mentioned about AEL and what Greek football needs is right.

I have seen these clips of course (not only from Kastoria game but from Drama's game is also great to watch) and i was in the stadiums too.Even fans of greek football outside Greece can understand how many fans Larisa has,by checking our sites in the net.The one you mentioned is not even our oficial site!! :eek: It's a fan who made this and there are 3-4 more fan sites.:)

I think you got surprised and liked the atmosphere in Alkazar,Christos.;)

It was really great.

I think you know very well Greek so the banner "re koufales ksanarxomaste" that is singed from the crowd in every match shows how thirsty is Larisa fans for football,and for the big days of the club to come back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts