Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25,504 Posts
In Dobrogea there must be some, David should know more about them.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Drei said:
Do u guys know any other football teams that are of Aromanian background in the Greece, Macedonia, Albania, Serbia or Bulgarian regions?

http://www.geocities.com/pagouromania/

Hagi is of Aromanian background too if im not mistaken....
Hagi is Macedonian. But the Macedonia he's from is not the Macedonia that it is now. Macedonia now exists more out of Yugoslavian people. First Macedonia also had a part that's now Greece. My mother is Macdonian also. Her familiy used to live in a part of Macedonia that is now Tessaloniki in Greece. Her name is Geacu but before her family moved to Romania a time befor World War 2 where they had to change their name her name was more Greek alike. With Hagi's family it could be the same. It has been like that with a lot of Romanian's that have a normal Romanian name but are actually from the old Macedonia. But she's not Macedonian like Hagi you have two groups i can't write it correctly but it's like Chipani which Hagi is also and you have Virshiloti which is what my mother is. Chipani where always known under Macedonian Romanians as the ones that had a lot of sheep and where very greedy with money wich made them have quite a lot of money compare to others. Anyway Hagi is Macedonian like a lot of other Romanians in Constanta. The Becali's are Chipanii also. That could explain why "Giovanni" Becali is fooling his players so he can make as much money as possible ;)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
My great parents from my mom's side are all from Thesaloniki (also Aromanian). The greeks used to called them Vlahs and used to persecute them horribly. My great grand father was executed for teaching the Aromanian village kids the Aromanian language.

I don't mean any disrespect to any greeks on this forum (and I certainly don't hate them) those were simply different times, when nationalism resulted in many unecessary deaths all over the Balkans.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Marius said:
My great parents from my mom's side are all from Thesaloniki (also Aromanian). The greeks used to called them Vlahs and used to persecute them horribly. My great grand father was executed for teaching the Aromanian village kids the Aromanian language.

I don't mean any disrespect to any greeks on this forum (and I certainly don't hate them) those were simply different times, when nationalism resulted in many unecessary deaths all over the Balkans.
Damn.... that's also the reason why my moms family and many others left, that they weren't allowed to be Aromanian and speak ther language. But yeah those were indeed different times those kind of things happened everywhere more then it is today. We can't blame any Greek today for that.
By the way i don't know if you know a little bit of the Romanian they used to speak, i can't spell it right but i'll write this the way it's pronounced. Tsi fatch oleii?

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
TonyYayo187 said:
Hagi is Macedonian. But the Macedonia he's from is not the Macedonia that it is now. Macedonia now exists more out of Yugoslavian people. First Macedonia also had a part that's now Greece. My mother is Macdonian also. Her familiy used to live in a part of Macedonia that is now Tessaloniki in Greece. Her name is Geacu but before her family moved to Romania a time befor World War 2 where they had to change their name her name was more Greek alike. With Hagi's family it could be the same. It has been like that with a lot of Romanian's that have a normal Romanian name but are actually from the old Macedonia. But she's not Macedonian like Hagi you have two groups i can't write it correctly but it's like Chipani which Hagi is also and you have Virshiloti which is what my mother is. Chipani where always known under Macedonian Romanians as the ones that had a lot of sheep and where very greedy with money wich made them have quite a lot of money compare to others. Anyway Hagi is Macedonian like a lot of other Romanians in Constanta. The Becali's are Chipanii also. That could explain why "Giovanni" Becali is fooling his players so he can make as much money as possible ;)
What Macedonia r u talkin about? There is only one Macedonia! The other is a province in Greece and before the 1st Balcan War was part of todays Macedonia. There used to live many Macedonians. Marek Jankulovski is from that part just like Hagi. Their parents had to leave cuz they were forced by the greeks millitary regime.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Erreway said:
What Macedonia r u talkin about? There is only one Macedonia! The other is a province in Greece and before the 1st Balcan War was part of todays Macedonia. There used to live many Macedonians. Marek Jankulovski is from that part just like Hagi. Their parents had to leave cuz they were forced by the greeks millitary regime.
True but the dialect Hagi is speaking (Aromanian or Romanian-Macedonian) is different than Macedonian spoken in Yugoslavia or Greece.
I know that 'cause I speak it ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah i know there's only one Macedonia but i meant that it was bigger before and that there were groups of people living there that left it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Harry Potter said:
Ok bullshit political inflamitory post. Good job FYROmite. Just to set the facts straight there was no nation of Macedonia at all in the Balkans during the Balkan wars. Aside for the Greek kingdom in ancient times there hasent been one since the Roman conquest. Infact the FYROM use to be called Vardar untill Tito changed it to Macedonia in the 1940's so he can make land claims on Greek and Bulgarian territory. Get your history right boy.

Anyway i was reading some of these posts, and you guys got me interested in the subject. There is a large Pontic Greek community in Romania, am i right? I know my ancestors from my Grandfathers side were escaping from the Turks during their Balkan conquest and ended up in Romania. They came back to Greece during the first Balkan war along with many others, following the Russian army. To this day my Grandfather speaks fluent Romania since it was his mother tounge :eekani:

U

·
0 Posts
Covert said:
Ok bullshit political inflamitory post. Good job FYROmite. Just to set the facts straight there was no nation of Macedonia at all in the Balkans during the Balkan wars. Aside for the Greek kingdom in ancient times there hasent been one since the Roman conquest. Infact the FYROM use to be called Vardar untill Tito changed it to Macedonia in the 1940's so he can make land claims on Greek and Bulgarian territory. Get your history right boy.
1)Grekos what about if your propaganda history book can tell at least something as it was for onece!!!!!?????? well you can not even edmit that you forced real macedonians lo leave our egejska macedonia and all history books in the world and atlas show that macedonia was sometimes occupy and sometimes not. Yes at least we have proof in other nations museum that we was and our nation!!!!!!

Vardarska-Makedonija-Piriska-Makedonija-Egejska-Makedonija-Mala Prespa

Cela Makedonija!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TonyYayo187 yes in Macedonia we macedonians don't discriminate people and if romanians in macedonia or hagi feel like macedonia then he is....

Covertos!
FYROmite haha what is that? was that a generalization of me? well you will not call me that mutch longer! you will be forced to call me by my name macedonian or you will be banned.......

Gica close this topic and I will do reports about this......

·
Registered
366 Posts
Covert said:

Anyway i was reading some of these posts, and you guys got me interested in the subject. There is a large Pontic Greek community in Romania, am i right? I know my ancestors from my Grandfathers side were escaping from the Turks during their Balkan conquest and ended up in Romania. They came back to Greece during the first Balkan war along with many others, following the Russian army. To this day my Grandfather speaks fluent Romania since it was his mother tounge :eekani:
Yeah there is. Some of them also went back to Greece during communism.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.