Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My laptop (an HP Pavilion) is dying a slow painful death, and I'm in the market for a new machine.

I currently have my eye on Apple's Power Book 13',

Your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
changing OS ?

I m curious.

Do you go for apple cuz of looks or what?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've been considering the switch to Mac for a while (a friends did and they highly recommend)

I recently got the Iphone and I must say I am quite impressed with it, and your right; they do look super cool :)

·
Registered
24,062 Posts
If you are switching, then there is no point in asking, because there is only one Apple ;) If you want to stay, then stay away from HP ;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Apple's power book is just awesome.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Whats wrong with Hp.

I v been using it since Compaq days. (Still working Well , the old one)

Nothing wrong, very reliable. Only one problem with the start button in pavillion (2 yrs old Core2duo) .

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am currently on 2nd HP, and my experience with them has been good for the most part.

As for my budget; I'd rather keep it at $ 1,500 but would go a bit higher if need be.

If you are switching, then there is no point in asking, because there is only one Apple ;)
True, but I haven't made up my mind yet :)

Has anyone here made the switch from Windows to OS /Apple ?

13,358 Posts
Go with the Mac, although I hate to recommend Apple's products but its quite fast, reliable, and hardly ever crashes, in fact mine hasn't been switched off in something like 7 months and its still going strong.

Just avoid the cultist side of Apple. :D

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
in fact mine hasn't been switched off in something like 7 months and its still going strong
Serious?

Does Apple not have Updates

or The updates dont need Restarting?

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
You have a great budget there with which you can acquire the best market has to offer I think, considering the competition.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Do not ignore updates my friends, especially critical ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts