1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
------------------
Angel_Culé said:
to play attacking football".

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20040218/NOTICIA121069720.html

According to Laporta FR showed his character by imposing his views on how the team should play over those of the technical staff (read Txiqui). And the results have proved that FR was right.
How has FR proved the technical staff incorrect? Weve never played with 2 strikers and this is possibly the most attacking weve played all season! :eek:

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Laporta: "We were wrong in telling FR...

Maz said:
------------------

How has FR proved the technical staff incorrect? Weve never played with 2 strikers and this is possibly the most attacking weve played all season! :eek:
I think he is referring to te time when we were using only two defensive midfielders, Xavi and Gerard, or when FR put (not in many ocassions) two wingers in the line-up. I think that our attacking football nowadays comes from a more compact midfield rather than from a more attacking attitude. More presure in midfield means more balls retrieved quickly and allows for quick counterattacks.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Laporta: "We were wrong in telling FR...

Angel_Culé said:
I think he is referring to te time when we were using only two defensive midfielders, Xavi and Gerard, or when FR put (not in many ocassions) two wingers in the line-up. I think that our attacking football nowadays comes from a more compact midfield rather than from a more attacking attitude. More presure in midfield means more balls retrieved quickly and allows for quick counterattacks.
More importantly, the signing of Davids has been a masterstroke. I'm pretty sure that with the system we play, we would look average at best without the steel and determination, as well as the attacking qualities, of Davids. No one in our squad can do what he's done so far. With Puyol at the back, Davids in the middle and with Ronaldinho in our attack, we can't lose :)

Davids' absence against Valencia will really show us how important he is to the whole team. Hopefully, we will survive without him :devil:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
to play attacking football".

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20040218/NOTICIA121069720.html

According to Laporta FR showed his character by imposing his views on how the team should play over those of the technical staff (read Txiqui). And the results have proved that FR was right.
I can't believe those words... weren't they "cruyffistas"? Cruyff never allowed the board to tell him what he had to do...

:eek:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Re: Re: Laporta: "We were wrong in telling FR...

Koeman4 said:
I can't believe those words... weren't they "cruyffistas"? Cruyff never allowed the board to tell him what he had to do...

:eek:
They can't be cruyffistas because JC would never addmit that he was wrong...;)

·
Registered
282 Posts
I don't think so. Mundo Deportivo are just quoting what was said by Laporta in an interview. If the things said don't make sense to you, then it is Laporta who has confused you, not MD.

When Rijkaard came, it was the board's explicit view that the team should play down the wings and that the most important thing as to play good football, over the results. They have been proven wrong as when we played in this way we lost a lot of points whereas with 3 central midfielders, 2 of those defensive, we are doing better and playing well. If you still don't understand, then God help you!

·
40,147 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Laporta: "We were wrong in telling FR...

barça said:
I can't either. Sometime El Mundo Deportivo makes as much sense as As:rollani:
Yes... as KUBALA says, they are quoting him... besides they are not anti-Laporta. We all know how is the sports press (in Madrid and in Barcelona), but they are careful in quoting from other media... it's easier to catch them. I don't know what to think, I wouldn't give much importance to those words anyway.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
KUBALA said:
God help you!
I am always open for God's help.:cool:

My point is that the article does not go into any type of depth. When and Who told Rijkaard? How many different ways of playing has Rijkaard tried? Lots of them, so which one is the one that he imposed?:confused: The one they are using right now? I mean, the one being used since Davids came? If so, was he telling the management to bring in another midfielder? A stronger one? etc.....

As K4 said, the words are not that important, especially since there isn't the rest of the story. I think that Laporta was trying to, once again, build the confidence of his coach, but I am just assuming that, as I couldn't possibly know.

K4, powerful sig. :cool:

·
40,147 Posts
barça said:

K4, powerful sig. :cool:
Perhaps this is not the place to talk about it... but I'm really angry about what is going on here. It's a shame, it's an organized attack of ETA and the PP, unbelievable, but true. Both use the deaths for their purposes... it's discusting all this.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Laporta: "We were wrong in telling FR...

Barça_Fan said:
More importantly, the signing of Davids has been a masterstroke. I'm pretty sure that with the system we play, we would look average at best without the steel and determination, as well as the attacking qualities, of Davids. No one in our squad can do what he's done so far. With Puyol at the back, Davids in the middle and with Ronaldinho in our attack, we can't lose :)

Davids' absence against Valencia will really show us how important he is to the whole team. Hopefully, we will survive without him :devil:
I believe Barça appealed against that red card, so may be he can play afterall?

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Laporta: "We were wrong in telling FR...

Krijn said:
I believe Barça appealed against that red card, so may be he can play afterall?
We did. But I doubt that it will go through.:depress: Afterall we arn't Real Madrid...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts