Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well he called FR " un fenomeno" after we beat Albacete 5-0, which roughly translated means genius or someone really outstanding. The day we beat a big team he will call him God. Don't like our president a single bit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
I think Rijkaard needs all of the encouragement he can get. We have to look at it as a media perspective. Youve got 7 points out of 9 and the media are getting on your back. Laporta is being brave in these statements and it brings security to Rijkaard and the players. Remember saying this about rijkaard also gives the players a positive air as it means they must have played really well. But it also gives Rijkaard the encourement to be more adventurous in the team he selects.


...and no i dont agree with the statement:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maz said:
I think Rijkaard needs all of the encouragement he can get. We have to look at it as a media perspective. Youve got 7 points out of 9 and the media are getting on your back. Laporta is being brave in these statements and it brings security to Rijkaard and the players. Remember saying this about rijkaard also gives the players a positive air as it means they must have played really well. But it also gives Rijkaard the encourement to be more adventurous in the team he selects.


...and no i dont agree with the statement:D
I guess it is a way of looking at it, but I rather see our president realising that Rijkaard is not up to the standards and sack him immediately. But it is not bound to happen :sob:.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,665 Posts
I just hope that JC continues to watch our matches in the stadium, since he seems to bring good luck. Didn't he seem overjoyd of happines when Xavi scored the first one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,880 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
I guess it is a way of looking at it, but I rather see our president realising that Rijkaard is not up to the standards and sack him immediately. But it is not bound to happen :sob:.
Yeah, I wish he realised and sacked Rijkaard too.

But looking at the 4 upcoming games I realise why Laporta said it.

Osasuna
Atletico
Valencia
Depor

That will make or break the whole season and if Rijkaard goes into them insecure the play will replicate that and well get 0 points
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Robban said:
I just hope that JC continues to watch our matches in the stadium, since he seems to bring good luck. Didn't he seem overjoyd of happines when Xavi scored the first one?
in match against albacete cruyff sits next to dick afvocaat coach of holland......am i only one seeing something as sign?!?!!? :D
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Well he called FR " un fenomeno" after we beat Albacete 5-0, which roughly translated means genius or someone really outstanding. The day we beat a big team he will call him God. Don't like our president a single bit.
Personally, I think this is just another way to show his support to Rijkaard in public, to show that there's not any kind of doubt about him.

Anyway, in footbas whC one thing is what it's been said and another thing it's what you think... and we all know what that the board is looking for a new coach.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Super Puyol said:
He said he was a 'fenómeno' as a person and professionally. What's bad about that? Is he supposed to insult him or something?
Of couse not, but talking very high of Rijkaard as a COACH after what we see on the pitch I think is "a bit" off the mark.

Koeman4 , is it true that they are looking ofr a new coach? I guess for the next season, inn't?
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
Angel_Culé said:
Of couse not, but talking very high of Rijkaard as a COACH after what we see on the pitch I think is "a bit" off the mark.
I read the article and interview and Laporta was reffering mainly to Rijkaard as a person who could handle stress, who had the "profesionalism" to lead Barcelona and that had done well managing all the inuries. There was no reference to being a tactician.

I happened to like what Laporta did, even though he exagerated quite a bit, but its about time that during the tough part of the season, the coach gest a pat in the back. Better than Gaspart, imo.;) I can only hope that it works well. 4 tough games coming up.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top