Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nantes goalkeepr Landreau, has been linked with celtic recently and i was just wondering if he was any good and if you had any information on him?

·
Registered
56,352 Posts
listen. for me, landreau is the best goalie of french championnat. i would put him behind barthez but before coupet in french squad.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Mickaël Landreau is the captain of Nantes, he has been the captain since he was very young.

He has been playing for France youth teams since he was a boy.
People has been talking of him to be the new NT keeper after Barthez retires. People has also mentioned him to be the best keeper in the world soon etc.

He has now been with Nantes for all his career and I think it´s time for him to move. People in France has been waiting for him to make a move to clubs Juventus,Barcelona or Arsenal (big clubs like that).

Im suprised if he leaves for Celtic, Scottish league is not whats right for him at this time of his life..

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow that's pretty high praise, but surely if he was that good he'd be linked with bigger european clubs than celtic?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
Halala ! Mickael Landreau :heart: :D

Very good on his line, much less in the air mainly because of his height (must be 1.84 or something like that). World class to stop penalty kick, a bit worse when it comes to kick one. :tongue:

Last year he did not leave mainly because big clubs have to paid 6M€ as it is written on his contract.

·
Registered
56,352 Posts
do you remember the penalty he stopped against ronaldinho?:D

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
well mali don't think he's better than coupet :nono:
but yeah he sure is good enough for celtic
it's really time for him to move to a bigger club
celtic might be a good destination at least for a year or 2
he will be tougher there and improve his aerial abilities (at least he'll have to, otherwise... ;))

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
I agree with marmotte, he should really move right not (Staying too long in Nantes is insane :D ) and he could learn a bit in the SPL with celtic, like Boumsong did with Rangers.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i think if he joins he will on stay for 2 or 3 years because we have a younger keeper, David Marshall who is really good but is still too young at just 19 and makes a few errors due to his lack of his experience but he's the best keeper we've got. Landreau would prolly just be a stop gap until Marshall became experienced enough to take over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts