Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care about any future star except my baby the finest soccer player ever Landon Donovan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you're female. :)

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Donovan doesnt do anything for me but hes still young so you never know.

Hes in a rather tricky situation with his contract tho, which could satnd in the way of a future move. It's important he remebers the lessons he learnt from going to the Bundesliga.

·
World Class Player
7,673 Posts
I think that there are three players in the USA team that are better than Donovan. They would be DaMarcus Beasley, Eddie Pope, and Claudio Reyna. Having said this, Donovan is much more famous than these three, or any other American player, and so would generate more interest in a team.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Donovan Lover said:
Doesn't anyone of you like LANDON DONOVAN?:confused:
I like Donovan's style of play a lot. I think he is the best American soccer player at the momment, and seeing how he is only 20, I think he can get to be much better.

Friedel and Pope are both very impressive, but unfortunately, they are nearing the end of their careers. On the other hand, Donocan has just started, and will get to be a real star.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANK YOU LOTS DENIZ , I WAS GET TIRED OF ONLY HEARING BAD COMMENTS ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Considering Friedel is a goalkeeper i dont think is close to the end of his career. It would seem he is playing the football of his career at the present time.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Sorry, but i think its rather obvious what i meant.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
He is good comapred to other Us kids but on the world stage at 20 he is not that big

Guys like Ronaldhino, Saviola, Rique, Aimar, Hofland, Van Der Vaart are all a calss above him.

He needs to play more competitive football, the MLS has been good but he needs to play against tougher competition.

Lav

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
I thought he looked good at the world cup. I think he needs to leave the MLS if he is to fulfill his potential though, a move to a top European club would be good for him.

But I was in the understanding that the MLS did not want to release his contract?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Bayer Leverkusen own him as he is on loan to the San Jose Earthquakes but MLS will probably do everything that they can to keep Donovan as he is the brightest young star alongside DeMarcus Beasley in the U.S which will suck for the american fans who follow the MLS but I have heard several teams he doesn't want to go back to Germany which leaves me to the conclusion he is lacking some motivation to become a better player maybe?

Landon Donovan still needs to mature more if that's the case that he wouldn't wanna go back to Europe then.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Many of you need to know more facts before making further judgment about Donovan. After going to Germany at the age of fifteen, Donovan sat on the bench for three straight years, never was given a chance to play for Leverkusen.

Just because you join a club does not necessarily mean you will be given a chance to play against the top players.

While MLS is by no means a top league, at least Donovan will start and play in every single game. The last thing for any teenager is to waste his developing years on a bench or as a reserve.

For a more indepth view of Donovan's own personal perception, please take a look at one of his recent interviews:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/us/news/2002/08/12/donovan_mls_sa/

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
well he is a typical teenager
he can make his own choices, and if he wants to stay in his us that is all right
IMO, he is a lot like michael owen, just worse(excellent pace)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts