Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well according to reports its out of those 2. Lampard for me has been better than Terry and I even think Henry deserves to be ahead of Terry.

Terry has been great but Lampard has been Chelsea's best player, Henry hasn't been up to his phenomenal standards of previous seasons but even at 90% he is better than everyone else. I honestly can't understand how Terry has performed better than Henry this season.

This is Thierry Henry we are talking about! How do people forget about him so easily? Have you seen how many goals and assists he has made this season? With Chelsea its not a 1 man defence like the English media makes out. Its the team defensive organization from Mourinho and IMO Makelele for example does a role that is just as important as Terry.

I never thought I would see the day when you could have a season like John Terry has had as a central defender and according to the media have a better season than a 30 goal Henry. He is basically getting all the credit for Chelsea defence as a TEAM.

If Henry was English, Say Micheal Owen for example with 30 goals and god knows how many assists, do you think he would be behind Terry?

Its out of Henry and Lampard for me.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
It should be Henry but everyone takes him for granted because he is that good every year bar none. ;)

i read in the Sun on Saturday that Terry had won it, but it is the Sun we are talking about here.

anyway for me

Pofty 1.Henry 2.Lampard 3. Makelele

young player 1.Cech 2.SWP 3. Fabregas,.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
PFA Player of the year

1. Makelele
2. Lampard
3. Carragher

PFA young player of the year

1. Robben
2. Wright-Phillips
3. Fabregas

has the winner of the merit award already been decided???

i don't think SAF has won it yet, and seeing as he's just passed his 500th Premierleague game he'll probably get it

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Player of the year(so far)
1.Henry
2.Lampard
3.Makelele

Honourable mentions - Cech, King, Terry,Gallas, Carragher, Robben, SWP, Cesc,A.Cole, Hienze, Rio, AJ, etc

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
PFA POTY :

1. Henry - phenomenal as usual, just because he always doe it shouldn't count against him
2. Lampard - very good season, if Henry had been injured or under par I'd give him the award
3. Terry - as mentioned there is a four man defence at Chelsea plus Cech behind them

honourable mention : Jamie Carragher, a rock in our defence and much under-rated. Would be defender of the season but for Terry's season IMO

·
63,337 Posts
The Green One said:
SWP doomed to be runner up again :(

you should be pleased, the lower his profile the more chance you have of keeping him, you shouldn't want him to get England recognition either. :shades:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Among all the Chelsea players this season, Robben has impressed me most.

·
63,337 Posts
The Green One said:
But if we're gonna sell him, at least push up his value
good point, didn't think of that.

of course the ideal time to sell would be just after Germany 2006, that's if he gets a game of course.

·
63,337 Posts
The Green One said:
After hes scored the winner in the final?
:thmbup:

just after Beckham breaks his leg just before the tournament starts would be good, although Sven would probably still let him play using crutches. :irritate:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
:thmbup:

just after Beckham breaks his leg just before the tournament starts would be good, although Sven would probably still let him play using crutches. :irritate:
You aim to low, should read "just after Beckham breaks his neck........."

·
63,337 Posts
Carragher has had a great season but it's not like the players that people chose for their top 3 are muppets is it ? it's all personal opinion of course.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
Carragher has had a great season but it's not like the players that people chose for their top 3 are muppets is it ? it's all personal opinion of course.
That's fair enough, I must confess I think SM Online is a bit critical after all there are 20 clubs with squads of 20+ players so to be in the top five or even top ten would be impressive (top 8 out of 400 would be the top 2 percent) It would be nice if a player like Carra could win the award but it is unlikely to happen with much higher profile players around

·
63,337 Posts
Owzat said:
That's fair enough, I must confess I think SM Online is a bit critical after all there are 20 clubs with squads of 20+ players so to be in the top five or even top ten would be impressive (top 8 out of 400 would be the top 2 percent) It would be nice if a player like Carra could win the award but it is unlikely to happen with much higher profile players around

yeah stick Carragher in the Chelsea defence and he'd probably be in the top 3 of many, a lot depends on the teams profile and at the moment all the news is about Chelsea (well until last night)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts