Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lamouchi bemused by shortage of French egalité

Wednesday 24th April 2002

Parma midfielder Sabri Lamouchi has claimed some players have to work harder than others to get into the France squad after admitting he will not be chosen for the World Cup.

"One thing's for sure, not everybody is on the same footing," he said.

Lamouchi, who went to Euro 96 but was overlooked for France 98 and Euro 2000, has given up hope of being included by coach Roger Lemerre for Japan and Korea and admits sitting it out will be tough.

"I'm not angry but it will certainly be the biggest frustration of my career," he said. "I haven't had the opportunities others have had.

"I'm not shouting about any injustice and I don't want to create a stir. I've never had problems with another player in the France set-up and that's what I told Roger Lemerre the last time I played, but I have given up hope."

The former Monaco playmaker has faced formidable competition for a place in the France midfield with the likes of Patrick Vieira, Emmanuel Petit, Alain Boghossian, Youri Djorkaeff, Eric Carriere and Johan Micoud in the running.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pasted from onefootball.com :tongue:

Anywho, looks like Sabri won't be going to the WC, but there are 2 players in that list there, who are at Parma. Micoud and Bogho.
To me out of the 3 this season Lamouchi has been the better and he is a versatile player.

Do you think that Lamouchi should go to the WC?

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
If Bogho, Petit & Micoud can then fvcking right Sabri should go, he has been our only consistent performer, bar Sebastian, who should really be France's 3rd choice at the World Cup, for the experience at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts