Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sportinglife.com

French midfielder Sabri Lamouchi has warned Inter Milan he will leave the San Siro if he does not play regular first team football.

The 32-year-old former Auxerre, Monaco and Parma player, who has won 12 caps with Les Bleus, joined the Italian giants this season but has started only 13 of 22 Serie A matches.

"Everything is going fine physically but the problem is that I don't play much," Lamouchi told L'Equipe.

"This is not easy for me. I am trying to remain positive by thinking that it's better to go through such an experience at the age of 32 rather than at 22.

"I have two years left to my contract but if the situation is still the same in June I will be open to any offer."

Lamouchi has felt unwanted since his summer switch from Parma, under both sacked coach Hector Cuper and current boss Alberto Zaccheroni.

"I have not missed one single training (session). I am professional but Zaccheroni claims I have not proved my case. He says there are players in the team that are better prepared physically than me.

"Competition is high at Inter Milan, we are 32 in total (in the squad). Cuper did not want me either. The friendlies I played changed things and he saw my potential.

"But Zaccheroni has never started me twice in a row. When I started it was not his sole choice. It is because he had no other defensive midfielder to use. I don't understand."

Lamouchi was linked with several French clubs, including Paris Saint-Germain, during the January transfer window.

"I received offers from French clubs," Lamouchi admitted. "It really pleased me to see that some French managers thought I would be the right person to give a hand.

"The French Ligue 1 is more and more interesting, their clubs are well structured.

"For a player of my age the club's strategy is precise, they don't invest for the future but hire someone who can bring his professional experience.

"What I want, most of all, is to finish my career on the pitch and not on the bench. I love football and playing is vital for me."

Updated: Fri, Feb 27, 2004 11:59:47 AM AEST

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
MAGICA INTER OK said:
Lamouchi is the most invisible player on the field......he complains about other players not working hard...i never seen him play 1 decent match
Yeah he faded after January last year...I was surprised when Lamouchi went to Inter...

That you haven't seen him play a good game really shows you need to be watching more football. During his prime at Parma Lamouchi was touted to a move to Juve...maybe the 2-3 goals he ha scored against them was where the interest came from...

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know how Lamouchi played at Parma...he played well.... you seem to be taking this far off.....im just marking his time at Inter...and so far.....he's failed to even be a regular starter........Lamouchi and Micoud played well at Parma.......

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
MAGICA INTER OK said:
I know how Lamouchi played at Parma...he played well.... you seem to be taking this far off.....im just marking his time at Inter...and so far.....he's failed to even be a regular starter........Lamouchi and Micoud played well at Parma.......
Ahh gotch you...thought you were on about his Parma days as well...Yes lamouchi when I have seen him for Inter has been invisible...:( It was sad for me to see as I still like him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts